DWC Organic

Texaselias

I want to run a root spa with an air pump and an additional air stone. Can I run full organic nutrients? My main concern is foaming/slime. I'm pretty familiar with beneficial bacteria and such, does any one have experience running full organic in a deep water culture? Nature's nectar says to not air it. Any body have a mix out there that can be aired without over flowing my buckets? I'm pretty much decided on the dwc setup for simplicity, but it has to be organic. If anyone has an alternate grow style rivaling its simplicity that would work, I'd love to hear it too.

I don't think DWC isn't really that simple compared to soil and water, but to each his own. Cheers for forging ahead and wanting to go off the beaten path a little with the organic dwc. I actually ran organic dwc's a couple of years ago. I started with Nectar for the Gods line, which left me with about 2 inches of organic bone meal slime on the bottom of the res and it tended to clog my air stones much faster than normal. After the hassles with a "heavy on the sediments" line of organic nutrients, I went with bio-canna, which is 100% water soluble. The canna worked great. Basically, just like a dwc with hydro nutrients. Maybe a bit more slime in the end, but it well out-performed the nectar for the god's line (which is a different line than Nature's Nectar). Basically, you will probably want to go with a water soluble product since the heavy sediment products tend to clog things up and deposit sediment on the bottom of your res.

Thanks for the info man. I was under the impression nature's nectar was one of the most water soluble options. Is bio-canna organic, and would it work in a root spa? Or am I dreaming and cannot run full organics in a dwc without too much hassle? Any other suggestions on hydro/soiless methods that suit organics more? I can see myself building an ebb and flow (drain) with a filtered and slightly elevated pump to avoid slime/buildup, I just liked the easy setup of the root spa. Just not sure about slime/foaming issues and if they can be worked around.

Btw, this forum is way better than ---------

Yeah that's what I'm getting at. It seems difficult to try and run organics any way with hydro, unfortunately, unless someone can point me to another method. Organic is a must for me, might have to stick with soil. Thanks for the input fellas

Hello, i am currently growing an auto blueberry in dwc with bio canna nutes. Im on day 4 and everythings going smooth for my 1st dwc grow. I am also growing in soilless medium(pro mix hp) in a different tent, my dwc set up is in a 3.5gal bucket from HTG Supply. I started nutes at 1/4 strength putting me at 10ml for the entire res. Build up is not that bad at all. Some specs of build up here and there about the size of a dime. My seedling is not burned at all even though i started the seed off in the dwc net pot. Im not going to bother with adjusting the ph cause i know the synthetic ph adjusting kits will demolish the biological cells in the res. Lol found that out the hard way a few years back when i started growing..hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom