DWC root rot help

vtnavtive

420 Member
How can I save my plant ? I am in week 3 of flower and my roots are really brown and getting slimy. I Have never grown in Dwc I guess i should have been doing some kind of flush. Is there something i can use to try and save my plant. I did run straight ph water for 24 hours and was afraid of harming my plant more by starving it with no nutrients. I don't think this has much time every day i have 3 or for more yellow dried up leaves.

ugh slimy is not good.

first of all welcome. is this your first grow ? hydro is tough on a first timer.

most run an enzyme cleaner like hydroguard or z7 / z8 from the get go. chillers are pretty much necessary in the majority of conditions. we used to run h202 regular in the old school.

if not too far gone a flush run with a stronger h202 solution will strip the rotting roots, but you may not have enough left to recover depending.

ugh slimy is not good.

first of all welcome. is this your first grow ? hydro is tough on a first timer.

most run an enzyme cleaner like hydroguard or z7 / z8 from the get go. chillers are pretty much necessary in the majority of conditions. we used to run h202 regular in the old school.

if not too far gone a flush run with a stronger h202 solution will strip the rotting roots, but you may not have enough left to recover depending.
Thank you for the reply. This is my first go at Dwc, How long is a flush run normally ? I did not understand the flush cycle on the foxfarm bottle. I am going to try and get some h202 today, what strength and how long do I flush it for? This is actually my Third grow first 2 were soil. I was only getting 4 z,s from a plant and decided I wanted to try something different I saw great differences in growth then this root rot. I guess it is what it is, I did not fully understand the flush cycle and my plant is showing it is not happy. Thank You again for the reply.

this should help

this should help
I do have one for my last 2 grows and this one. What does that have to do with my root problem ? My last 2 grows were soil, This is my first dwc.

Thank you for the reply. This is my first go at Dwc, How long is a flush run normally ? I did not understand the flush cycle on the foxfarm bottle. I am going to try and get some h202 today, what strength and how long do I flush it for? This is actually my Third grow first 2 were soil. I was only getting 4 z,s from a plant and decided I wanted to try something different I saw great differences in growth then this root rot. I guess it is what it is, I did not fully understand the flush cycle and my plant is showing it is not happy. Thank You again for the reply.

you're just using the h202 to clean all the dead stuff off. you'll have to tear the system apart to clean it and get the bacteria out. any left lingering will start the infection process over. just run it through a day or so.

the plant may not recover / develop new roots, but you might get it to veg longer and get better with some time.

more important is getting to the reason it happened in the first place, and eliminating the causes.

Root rot, can be caused by several factors, A variety of Pythium being the likely culprit. It could have come into your garden in many different ways. Unsanitary conditions, from your tap water, your body (hands), or it could have been brought in by insects which carry it on the bottom of their feet.

If you say there is slime, then it's likely rot, if it's just brown without slime, then it could be something else. Pictures would help confirm.

I do have one for my last 2 grows and this one. What does that have to do with my root problem ? My last 2 grows were soil, This is my first dwc.
How long is a flush run normally ? I did not understand the flush cycle on the foxfarm bottle. I am going to try and get some h202 today, what strength and how long do I flush it for? That was your question AND the link also explains a few factors that might cause the rot.

Back
Top Bottom