Dwc

Which strain next?

• Total voters
Re: SouthernWeed Swims Again.DWC/H&G Nutrients

I gots some going in a sog right now, just for research purposes'. Look great, just not a huge fan just yet. However, you said it best:
...to be the crash test dummies for a new nutrient regime, but I keep an open mind. You never know when you'll find one you love.
I'll just have to wait and see. My mom is about ready to give off more cuttings, plus the new ones rooting right now would give off enough to sog. But if the results dont come out right, I'll more then likely, take some tissue culture and jar the strain til later.
Cause I like the trich count, I'm just wondering how the overall yeild will do. I really do hope for the outcome you mentioned, which is rockhard nugz. Cause I know the GDP and the urkle is that way. Not a big yeilders' but potent a*s strains'. but hey who can complain, the strain was free.:yahoo:

Nickles worth of free advice if you're thinking about the H&G line...don't pre-mix the Magic Green. I mixed a batch Sunday for use, used what I needed and put the spray bottle in a cool dark place. Went in just now to look in on the girls, but before I got to the bathroom I nearly puked from a smell that defies description. Anyhow, turned out to be the MG, so of course I splattered some all over the plants, making a clear water foliar wash necesary...looks like it's going to be one of those days.

I'll not use the clear water soak between nute changes again, it seems to stress the plants some. Got a small amount of leaf curl that cropped up yesterday morning. PH is solid and stable, so I'm sure it's just a bit of nutrient stress.

All continues to go well at this early stage.

Y'all have a great day.

Yup, I agree. First time I used Magic Green, I mixed a qt for my spray bottle. I have a small grow, so a qt would last me several months, if not a complete grow. The following week, I went to use it and the sprayer was clogged. When I unscrewed the lid to the sprayer, I like to shit my pants...at least that's what it smelled like, and had gotten quite thick as well. Puzzled, as I use RO'd water for everything, I found out you MUST use what you mix within an hour or two. So now, when I mix it, I mix 1/8th of a pint and go crazy with it. Even my wife's house plants like it! It DOES work, however you'll have to wait 2-3 days to see the difference, but it is substantial. Last grow, I sprayed one of my clones and didn't with her sister The plant with the Magic Green had already created shoots from topping them, and they were almost 1/2" longer.:thumb:

Evolution Of A GrowCab-From The School of hard Knocks
Grow Cab Ventilation Redesign-All About Heat

No doubt it awsome stuff, I love it and have used some myself on the wife's little plants spread through the house. But leave that stuff out for a bit and it'll knock a buzzard off a manure wagon...

Yup, I agree. First time I used Magic Green, I mixed a qt for my spray bottle. I have a small grow, so a qt would last me several months, if not a complete grow. The following week, I went to use it and the sprayer was clogged. When I unscrewed the lid to the sprayer, I like to shit my pants...at least that's what it smelled like, and had gotten quite thick as well. Puzzled, as I use RO'd water for everything, I found out you MUST use what you mix within an hour or two. So now, when I mix it, I mix 1/8th of a pint and go crazy with it. Even my wife's house plants like it! It DOES work, however you'll have to wait 2-3 days to see the difference, but it is substantial. Last grow, I sprayed one of my clones and didn't with her sister The plant with the Magic Green had already created shoots from topping them, and they were almost 1/2" longer.:thumb:

Evolution Of A GrowCab-From The School of hard Knocks
Grow Cab Ventilation Redesign-All About Heat

Southern....that is some funny stuff. Sounds like that stuff smells pretty rank. Anyhow, your girls are looking real nice. Thanks for all your help with our grow. You are the man! +reps!!!

Southern....that is some funny stuff. Sounds like that stuff smells pretty rank. Anyhow, your girls are looking real nice. Thanks for all your help with our grow. You are the man! +reps!!!

Man, you'd have to clean the smell up an unfathomable amount to qualify as rank. As far as helping you out goes, if everyone listened and had the patience you do, there'd be a hell of alot more elite growers here than there are.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm setting here, maybe a little toasted already, trying to figure out where this stuff's been all my life. Yesterday, I removed quite alot of low growth from the Runt, mostly small, shaded, sucked dry leaves. It opened up some site line into the interior of the plant, and for the first time, I've had a good look into her...wow.

Legs, not wishing to be supplanted in the yield department, has started taking up water/nutes like she's got a straw in the bucket, nearly 2 gallons yesterday compared to the Runt's 1.25 gallons. I think that the Runt will be doing the same thing this time next week.

So Right at this moment, the word that best describes the nutrient performance is insane...and the most potent bloom additive hasn't even been added yet...and we get to use that for 3 weeks.

It's getting into the homestretch now, Saturday will be three weeks to go.

Anyhow, got some pics...and that's what everyone wants.

The Runt

100_2286.jpg

100_2287.jpg

100_2288.jpg

100_2289.jpg

100_2290.jpg

Legs

100_22921.jpg

100_2293.jpg

100_22941.jpg

100_2295.jpg

100_2296.jpg

That's where we are.

Y'all have a great day.

looking good man ! Wanted to shout out and say thanks again for all the tips early in the grow, you were a huge help as I went back several times to your IM's to reread tips as i reached certain stages.. about a week to ten days left before flush and I made several mistakes but I am pretty damn happy with the result.....THANKS DUDE!

looking good man ! Wanted to shout out and say thanks again for all the tips early in the grow, you were a huge help as I went back several times to your IM's to reread tips as i reached certain stages.. about a week to ten days left before flush and I made several mistakes but I am pretty damn happy with the result.....THANKS DUDE!

My pleasure, hope you get a nice harvest. PM me when you post up some harvest pics, I'd love to look at it. It's dificult to follow to many journals, partly due to time constraints and partly due to the mind boggling amount of people posting who just feel like they have to sound like they know something when they don't. When people will listen, I'm happy to help, and it was no problem at all helping you out.

Enjoy, it's a stoney strain.

It's dificult to follow to many journals, partly due to time constraints and partly due to the mind boggling amount of people posting who just feel like they have to sound like they know something when they don't.

True That!

You're budding pics look fantastic! Thanks for the great posts!

SF

My pleasure, hope you get a nice harvest. PM me when you post up some harvest pics, I'd love to look at it. It's dificult to follow to many journals, partly due to time constraints and partly due to the mind boggling amount of people posting who just feel like they have to sound like they know something when they don't. When people will listen, I'm happy to help, and it was no problem at all helping you out.

Enjoy, it's a stoney strain.

stoney strain for sure, just sampled some low hanging fruit and i am seriously impressed already... good reason you have not been following, no journal but take a gander at my gallery when you have a spare second, been updating pics every few days...day 48 today..hey i know you were looking at violator, did you hear anything in regards to a longer flower period then stated?

thanks again my friend!

True That!

You're budding pics look fantastic! Thanks for the great posts!

SF

Imagine what they'll look like with three weeks of Shooting Powders...Good Lord, if they just kept up half the pace they're on now, it'd be a good harvest.

I am glad you like this little trial run, the next time around with the Violator Kush, I'm going to jam them to the gills with this stuff and see what you can get from 1200w of HPS.

A completely unrelated question​

I make plans, it's what I do. I may not always follow the plan, but I have one made anyhow. With the number of grows I want to do, and an increasing list of grows other members want to see, I need to keep some idea of what's next, and this one's winding down, the VK are on the nursery tub working on a solid second set of leaves I need to plan for the next one.

Now we all know that it's going to be the Purple Wreck, but I was talking to a fellow with a good bit of experience with various purple strains, but by his own admission, never Purple Wreck, who claimed he always got better color when he grew it in soil. It had been my plan to use a homemade aeroponic system, another first for me...I've never messed with it...but now I'm wondering if I ought to dirt grow them. To muddy the waters further, Beau offered me an unbelievable price on some of the H&G soil stuff if that's the route I wanted to go.

So I'm looking for several things here, and I don't want someone to think it's thread jacking for offering an opinion here and then explaining it.

1-Growers with actual exp growing the strain, tell me how you grew and your results.

2-Opinions from all on how to grow them, I'm quite versatile in my growing styles and can bounce from one thing to the next with no problem. This has less to do with the color than peoples interest in grow styles. The whole purple thing is kind of lost on me, yeah it's pretty, but it isn't any more potent. I ordered the seeds as a compromise between the wife and I so I wouldn't have to grow anymore Blueberry.

For daily followers, you'll see this very post several more times as this winds down, I want to keep the thoughts coming while there's time to plan around it, but the reality is I've got 5 or 6 weeks to decide. Just ignore it if you've weighed in already.

stoney strain for sure, just sampled some low hanging fruit and i am seriously impressed already... good reason you have not been following, no journal but take a gander at my gallery when you have a spare second, been updating pics every few days...day 48 today..hey i know you were looking at violator, did you hear anything in regards to a longer flower period then stated?

thanks again my friend!

No, I haven't heard of a longer flower period, but I was planning it as a 10 week flower in an attempt to wring every last gram from the grow.

Ok so I haven't grown the P.Wreck but just from experience w/ several purple strains the color normally comes out more in soil.HOWEVER, the potency will not be as high as hydro. The urkle has the purple in it genetics. So honestly from someone who has grown erkle several times I would have to say go w/ the dro. And if you want more color in them, bring the temps' down durring late flowering if you can. Just don't do it to long. Most pepps don't know that purple coming out in strains that don't normally turn purple, actually mean that nutrients aren't getting to the plants due to the lower temps'. But its genetic w/ the P.W from what I understand so you should be cool. I hope my babbling helps you in some way.
:goodluck:

my 2c on #2:

If purple isn't a priority, and extracting the very last gram is, I'd go with whatever method you think will give you the biggest yield or the one you'd enjoy the most doing.

Even though you're a flexible grower, I would think you have your preferences as far as grow styles.

my 2c on #2:

If purple isn't a priority, and extracting the very last gram is, I'd go with whatever method you think will give you the biggest yield or the one you'd enjoy the most doing.

Even though you're a flexible grower, I would think you have your preferences as far as grow styles.

I'm more concerned with getting the last gram out of the Violator Kush than I am with the Purple Wreck.

And you are quite correct, I do have a preferred grow method, but let's face it, soil grows can be a little dull if you're not doing something different. Having said that, my initial leaning is to soil grow them with the H&G soil line, as a demonstration of their performance. I've noticed a few new journals popping up where people are using the H&G stuff, but they're all hydro grows, and there may be people on the fence with making a nutrient change until someone shows what they'll do, a completely reasonable position.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 8 nutrient list

Aqua Flakes A 60ml
Aqua Flakes B 60ml
Bud XL 15.2ml
Drip Clean 1.6ml
Shoot Powder .20 Sachet by weight (this is a slightly hot mix...it calls for .16 Sachet, but it was nearly impossible to get the weight dead on, so I'm giving just a bit extra and if I see problems, I'll dilute the res with PH adjusted water).

I know what y'all are all thinking...he's getting in a hurry, adding stuff a day early...needs to keep it on schedule. I hear what you're thinking people...I'm just that good.

Actually, the buckets were just completely used up this morning, and with one day to go until I needed to swap buckets, I just went ahead and did it today. No sense in wasting half a bucket each.

I took a few pics this morning, wanting to show bud pics before the addition of the Shooting Powders, but I slammed the desk drawer on my mini USB cable and bent it pretty well closed, so I'll be running to Best Buy in a bit to grab another one.

I'll say that Legs is already thick as a brick and twice as hard. Trichome production is in full swing, and the smell is downright overpowering. I think she's going to be some fine smoke.

The Runt is closed up now and is beginning to swell herself. Trichome production is about the same as Legs last week. I really debated whether or not to put the SP to her or wait a week, but in the end I decided to let her have it. I may drop a bit of yield on her, as she's a week behind but will get no quarter. When Legs is ready, so is she. I need the space for the VK, which are currently on a week 1 aggressive feed schedule in a nursery tub.

Well, I'll get those pics up later today.

Y'all have a great day.

Nice, I'm definately interested in watching the H&G Shooting Powder go to work. These nutes are working great for you, and I'm considering makeing the swich. Just might have to wait a while because it's not really in my budget right now. But thanks for bringing these quality nutes to my attention, and great thread so far. Peace

Nice, I'm definately interested in watching the H&G Shooting Powder go to work. These nutes are working great for you, and I'm considering makeing the swich. Just might have to wait a while because it's not really in my budget right now. But thanks for bringing these quality nutes to my attention, and great thread so far. Peace

From the day the Fed Ex truck arrived at my house, I've been waiting for this day myself. I'm quite certain we'll see results quickly, everything has worked right on cue so far.

I can completely understand your cost concerns, they can be pricey, but purchase of smaller size bottles, sufficient to run 2 or 3 grows, is much easier on the wallet...if somewhat harder on your "price per res" cost. For my money, the performance has well exceeded the cost, hopefully that trend will continue.

New cable bought. Because there's just no real way to get interior shots of either plant, and the cola on legs is more developed with encased leaves good for judging swell, I've elected to post cola pics of Legs from here on until we get to harvest, then a Playboy type pictoral spread will be done on both.

100_2299.jpg

100_2306.jpg

100_2308.jpg

There's a few more in my gallery...but they aren't very good.

These plants are just hard to picture with all the leaves, but the last week will see a mammoth trim, exposing the buds to a week of direct light.

Looks like harvest is going to be three weeks and three days from today.

Ought to be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom