Dwc

Which strain next?

• Total voters
Re: SouthernWeed Swims Again.DWC/H&G Nutrients

I've been noticing a few trolls popping up lately giving terrible advice and flat out hating on good grows. They're either narco pigs or hater losers in my eyes.

I'm really looking forward to the VK grow! I'm trying to decide on my next strainand you VK grow will help. I'm thinking VK, LA Confidential, or Yumboldt. :yummy:

Yes, there will always be trolls, and a few have popped up in the last bit...most of them are "on vacation" now. You have to keep in mind the staggering number of posts the Mods and Admins have to sort through and everyone here can help them out by simply reporting posts they see that are out of line.

I'm really looking forward to the VK grow myself. They are in a nusurey tub, doing their early thing right now. Any of those strains would be an exceptional choice.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the confessional. my phone rang while I was typing the above couple paragraphs, and all I could hear was howling laughter...I knew right away who it was...I should post his name and phone number right here...and once the fit passed he began explaining.

"You fuckin' dumbass," he explained, "you were supposed to light me up via a return PM...it was me jerkin' you damn chain and Jesus Christ in a Dodge pickup did you fall into it.

Now, I could edit all that out of my post, and sooner or later...most likely sooner...it would all pass, but he as he continued to explain, "you do that, and you're a pussy that can't take a joke."

Folks, I've been had.

Yes, there will always be trolls, and a few have popped up in the last bit...most of them are "on vacation" now. You have to keep in mind the staggering number of posts the Mods and Admins have to sort through and everyone here can help them out by simply reporting posts they see that are out of line.

I'm really looking forward to the VK grow myself. They are in a nusurey tub, doing their early thing right now. Any of those strains would be an exceptional choice.

Now for the confessional. my phone rang while I was typing the above couple paragraphs, and all I could hear was howling laughter...I knew right away who it was...I should post his name and phone number right here...and once the fit passed he began explaining.

"You fuckin' dumbass," he explained, "you were supposed to light me up via a return PM...it was me jerkin' you damn chain and Jesus Christ in a Dodge pickup did you fall into it.

Now, I could edit all that out of my post, and sooner or later...most likely sooner...it would all pass, but he as he continued to explain, "you do that, and you're a pussy that can't take a joke."

Folks, I've been had.

Gotta be that psycho clown... :cheesygrinsmiley: +reps for letting us in on the joke...

You had me wondering for a second... I mean, there are a lot of growers that don't know what they're doing... but putting up results like you are certainly excludes you from that group!

I'm curious how you manage your res temps - just started a DWC grow, and already had to put the cooling loop to one tank, and about to put both tanks on a remote res. to keep temps under 70.

Maybe the buckets you are using have less surface area for the light to heat vs. capacity compared to my tubs.

That is hilarious! I was sitting here thinking "what kind of dumbass would......." but like you I have seen all kinds of bafoonery and wouldn't put it past anyone. Your ladies are looking Maah-va-lous! Peace out!

Gotta be that psycho clown... :cheesygrinsmiley: +reps for letting us in on the joke...
You had me wondering for a second... I mean, there are a lot of growers that don't know what they're doing... but putting up results like you are certainly excludes you from that group!
I'm curious how you manage your res temps - just started a DWC grow, and already had to put the cooling loop to one tank, and about to put both tanks on a remote res. to keep temps under 70.
Maybe the buckets you are using have less surface area for the light to heat vs. capacity compared to my tubs.

Well, I can't lay the blame on Pit for bending me over in public like that, it was a friend who had joined, without my knowledge, apparently just to screw with me. I have some vey strange friends.

As for res temps, I haven't really done anything to keep temps down, beyond leaving a window open in the bathroom and using good ventilation. The time of year has worked out well for me. For my upcoming DWC stuff, which will stretch into summer, I'll be using a res chiller to dial in a solid 68 constant temp.

He should have waited a week. Would have been a darn funny April Fool's joke.
Plants are looking fantastic SW.
SF

We'll see how funny he thinks it is when I call him every mmorning at 2:45am to ask if he wants to buy a duck. Thanks for the kind words about my girls, they are coming along quite nicely.

hehehehe, I love this place ;)

It is entertaining, isn't it?

:rofl: :rofl:
That's one hell of a joke!!

He's a very disturbed person, who has been known to become romantically involved with goats.

That is hilarious! I was sitting here thinking "what kind of dumbass would......." but like you I have seen all kinds of bafoonery and wouldn't put it past anyone. Your ladies are looking Maah-va-lous! Peace out!

Yes, some people must post...regardless. Thanks for the nice words about my girls Brother...hope it keeps up for around three more weeks.

Interesting morning. Yesterday, the plants stripped out 40% of the nutrients in solution...today, they hardly touched them. They took up plenty of water, over a gallon each, but next to no food. Guess they gorged themselves yesterday.

The Runt is putting on a very interesting swell. It's started at the bottom and is slowly moving it's way up. I can't recall ever seeing or hearing about a plant swelling that way, but so long as she packs on the weight, I don't really care.

Legs is just a tree of awsomeness...look out Plant of the Month when she's done. I'm going to give her a beauty trim, and picture the hell out of her. She is so freaking dense with buds it's amazing.

Well, not much else to say now, I'll post up some more pics tomorrow.

Y'all have a great day.

Got to love friends who bust balls, he got you good! There's always payback! Your girls are lookin sexy!

They have been overfed the last two weeks, as I was trying to find the top end PPM this strain would take and it did claw them somewhat. I had wondered when someone would step in and make the comment that I needed to cut N, but the simple fact of the matter is that it's the Magic Green doing it's job.

I quit applying it about 10 days ago and have started to notice a bit of the green fading from them as they use up the last of the enzymes...not nitrogen...that's keeping the leaves green.

With respect to the abundant foliage, I'm sure that the heavy feeding may have helped it along, but it's just a leafy strain...at least the Legs pheno is, The Runt isn't quite a leafy, and they've been fed the same nute mix mixed in the same bucket from day one.

I am slowly beginning to drop the PPM in both buckets, they were very hot, as we get down to the end here...they don't need to be pushing the levels I had run them up to, but I wanted to see what would happen.

Lunatic curiousity I reckon.

understood brother, looking good... :riskybusiness:

I'm one happy grower. I looked in on the girls last night just before the lights kicked off, and was surprised to see the number of pistils already starting to change color. It's pretty difficult to see them with the lights on, so I decided to don my little green LED light, and snap a few pics in the dark. I did the best I could, and there are several really nice shots in this group.

I noticed an interior branch I didn't even know existed inside Legs, yesterday, and I'll be cutting it out as a tester when the lights kick on this morning, so I'll be able to post an early look into the quality in a few days...no sense in quick drying it, I have plenty of smoke on hand.

Pics...

100_2329.jpg

100_2330.jpg

100_2331.jpg

100_2332.jpg

100_2334.jpg

100_2335.jpg

100_2338.jpg

100_2339.jpg

100_2340.jpg

Can't wait to see all this trimmed and jarred, it has the makings of some beautiful, super dense nuggets...and I'll have a notion of what the smoke will be like here in a few days.

Y'all have a great day.

Man they look such a deep green and shiny. I swear it looks like you polish those girls brother.:welldone::bong::peace:

I have heard of deep purple, but these plants are DEEP GREEN! Good Gawd almighty!!!! THose babies are looking super nice.

Truly a sight to behold brother!

Glad you like them...and we're getting close to the payoff.

Man they look such a deep green and shiny. I swear it looks like you polish those girls brother.:welldone::bong::peace:

The Magic Green foliar spray reall keeps the leaves green, and leaves a waxy, protective covering on the leaves...that's the shine you see.

I have heard of deep purple, but these plants are DEEP GREEN! Good Gawd almighty!!!! THose babies are looking super nice.

I'm going to have some Smoke On the Water here before long. Glad you like them, they have surpassed my expectations for a first grow with a new nutient package.

I just looked in on the girls and was stunned to see the amount of water taken up overnight. For the last two days neither plant had taken up much in the way of nutrients...alot of water, but the sky high PPM readings indicated very little... <150 PPM each day...feeding was going on. I got a little concerned with that, so I swapped buckets yesterday afternoon to see if a fresh nutrient solution would change that...coincidentally or not, it did.

Both buckets were down by over 1.5 gallons and the PPM had dropped rather sharply. I topped both buckets off, clipped a sugar leaf for inspection, and closed them back up...it's going to be a good day.

On the subject of the sugar leaf, inspection with the handy, dandy $13 Radio Shack pocket scope, indicated a few cloudy resin heads on Legs...The Runt still shows all clear.

Nothing else going on right now...

Y'all have a great day.

Week 9 Nutrient List

Aqua Flakes A 60ml
Aqua Flakes B 60ml
Bud XL 15.2ml
Drip Clean 1.6ml
Shooting Powder .20 sachet

Yeah, I know, I swapped yesterday, but was to damn lazy to put up a real post...lots going on in my neck of the woods.

Anyhow, we're into the last two weeks and everything is right where I want it. I had gotten a little aggressive with topping off the buckets and steadily raising PPMs until I saw stress, but I've backed it off considerably and from this point forward, I'll be topping with nothing but fresh water.

So, about that tester. Actually cut two, one from each plant...seemed the fair thing to do. Legs, which has a few cloudy trichomes, is a hard body stone with next to no head high. The Runt, with all clear trichomes, was a zooming head high and I would be very pleased if it stayed that way...just needs to pack on some more weight. I'll hit another tester at the end of this week, and may then consider taking the Runt down if I like what I get. Legs is going to keep going until I'm ready to start the "Viewer's Choice" grow...they are doing wonderful in their nursery tub...and I have a great surprise to share once that journal gets going.

How about some pics?

100_2345.jpg

100_2346.jpg

100_2347.jpg

100_2349.jpg

100_2350.jpg

100_2351.jpg

As you can see, trich formation is getting pretty heavy, there has been a noticeable difference in the last couple days. Hairs are also starting to change colors, which is nice to see, but pretty much useless for deciding when the plant is ready to come down.

Hopefully the last little bit of this goes as well as all that's come before.

Y'all have a great day.

Great looking girls SouthernWeed!!!!! :bravo:

You know, my leaves turn shiny like that under my HPS...figure it a climate thing and them sealing off one of the moisture losing surfaces. A natural wax or something.

Anyway I have a question bro. I have heard that having such green leaves as the plant is finishing leaves too much nitrogen in the buds and leaves them with a green flavor and a harsher smoke.

I would like to know what you think brother, because I am sure my current nute line and schedule will keep mine green just like yours and am curious since I am using inorganic's and do not want chemo tasting weed.

:thanks: in advance.

:peace: brother.

I have heard that having such green leaves as the plant is finishing leaves too much nitrogen in the buds and leaves them with a green flavor and a harsher smoke.
:peace: brother.

If I had it to do over again, I'd have stopped using the Magic Green a couple weeks sooner than I did, but this grow was all about learning the nutrients.

I voiced concerns before I purchased the line, that I couldn't see a way to completely cut N out of the mix without dropping the Aqua Flakes part A...but that's where I get Calcium also, so that didn't seem to be a good plan. E-mails and phone conversations ensued that explained to me some of the ins and outs of how the line does it's thing.

The upshot to it all is the nutrients in general, and the Top Booster specifically, manipulate the plants inner calender and basically shuts down the uptake of N. It accomplishes this by tricking the plant into an "optical drought", makes it think it's in the dark for a few days, and the Drip Clean binds up with the excess N.

Now, after that long winded explanation on what my line will do, I'll say this...N will ruin the taste of bud, that's for sure. However, a thorough series of flushes and proper drying technique will fix you right up. H&G claims a reduction in need of flushing, due to the Drip Clean, but I'm still going to flush the bejeebers out of them before the cut.

Hope this helped a little.

Just spent some time looking back over this grow, 63 days in and 49 days in flower, and I'm as pleased as a person could be. I've been trying to sort out when to drop these two and move on...not that I'm in any hurry at all, plenty of quality smoke back in my personal head stash, just trying to decide how much is enough with these two, with the next grow warmed up and ready to go in the bullpen.

The seedlings are really coming alive, especially after their tub swap yesterday, when the nutrient level took a rather sharp increase. I should go ahead and report that we're down to three VK plants for the "Viewers Choice" grow, one seedling cracked open weak and just didn't make it. One bean was set aside and put into soil for a potential mother. It's doing fine...strong and tall...but it is behind the hydro stuff. I'll keep an eye on all the girls as they come along, and may take cuttings from any of the remaining three to bring along as a mother...that VK is some nice stuff.

The Runt is very likely going to get a major trim job today, as I want to watch what happens with her before I do the same to Legs...a plant so dense and tight with buds that I can't help but think I'm growing a future Plant of the Month. The Runt is covered in bud...just oodles of them, but they aren't as thick as Legs' buds. I believe that its just a pheno difference, as the smoke from the Runt appealed to me alot more than Leg's smoke...of course, you can't tell the whole story based on a couple still green testers.

Anyhow, when the lights come on at 7am my time, I'm going to give The Runt a very close visual inspection and then decide whether or not to give her the old boot camp trim. I should point out that I'm not recommending scalping your plants in the seventh week of flower, I'm just in a unique position of being able to take chances that I ordinarily wouldn't think of doing, which makes for the ability to try radical ideas just to see what happens....of course I'm not going to chance it with my beauty plant...my madness has limits.

I'd be interested in hearing what y'all, the viewers, think. I'm not at all worried about dropping some yield on The Runt, she's well over the rather anemic goal of 2oz per plant I set at the beginning of this grow. I don't think it'll hurt it at all, we might even see a surge in bud growth due to the additional penetration.

Let's hear what y'all have to say....

Y'all have a great day.

Thank you so much, having good techniques from trusted sources is a great thing!

When you gonna start the flush?

:peace: brother

Back
Top Bottom