Dwc?

AudioBassiks

i want to try a small DWC set up.. i have a air pump air stone. water pump. plants.. i figure i need to get net pots and some sort of medium, whats a good easy cost effective ways??

main question.. with this set up the roots just sit in water? the whole root system? i have tryed to read as much as i could but i did not find these awnsers or maybe i missed them...

also do you just leave the water pump running 24/7 ? whats the 1 min on 15 min off cycles. is this for the same thing? i would like to do this but i suck at reading thanks for the time and advice in advaince

DWC does not need a water pump. It just needs an air pump and the air pump should run 24/7

For a medium to hold the plant in the netpot you can use any INERT medium. I used a mix of large perlite and rocks. Make sure they are inert rocks and not something like limestone.

The roots will hang into water. The upper most large roots do best in air with the tiny fiberous roots submerged in water.

If you got drills and a extra cooler you can make a nice DWC or get a 5 gallon bucket with a net pot top. Hydro stores have them for very cheap.

i have a old cooler think it might only be a little bigger then a 5 gallon bucket...... so theres no need for a water pump,,, what are all the pics of buckets with pipes in them ?

thanks jimmy reps and thanks are needed to be giving too you you expaned it perfict for me to understand... i can read i just cant read if that make sence i figure the awnsers are there already i just cant read them out of the text. and i appreacate the awnsers with out dickhead ness thanks again

oh no theres no confusing these pipes for air or heat,, i think i may have to things confused as one
aerogro2lk9.jpeg

That is definitely a water pump, but that is not for DWC. Its for another growing method called Aeroponics.

Aero is a great system and many of us use it for making clones. Its not used so much for growing plants, mostly because if the system fails your plant dies quickly and on a large scale grow its very very easy to have something go wrong in aero.

Aero is were the roots hang in air and the roots get sprayed or misted with oxygenated water.

DWC or deep water culture, is were the roots constantly sit in a pool of oxygenated water.

ok thank you see i was getting the 2 confused.. well i have all the pipe setup things so i think ill make ne for the clones and do this dwc i would think though maybe a pump to help keep the water moving and not sitting still.. it will be an adventer ,, but theres only one way i learn and thats too do it,, so i am going to do,, cant find the net pots anywhere near me or rockwood or them clay looking things they use,, and i am short like 65 cents in my paypal to get a small sample starter pack off ebay.. but thank you jimmy that helped a lot now i know and ill be doing the dwc with no water pump.

DWC is the easiest and surprisingly one of the best growing methods available. I had some nice 7 footers in just like 2.5 months growing DWC.

i built a small clone veg tent to start some newbes as i still have some going.. just a 2x3 covered in carboard 28''x20x48 tall that i put some new seed and 4 clones to finish getting going but i think ill put this dwc in there tub fits perfict and then when the other plants are done move them into the bigger light room and bud them idk sometimes i need directions and sometimes ita al trial and error and then ill get it right .. most times its add as i need ...

will just water work too just not good or do you need nutes or this wil not work

needs nutes, and the water needs an air stone.

If the water is not oxygenated the plants drown. Without the nutes the plants starve.

i get the air stones ... but for nutes,, is it like soil as it will still grow and work with out nutes nutes just make it better or you need nutes no if ands or buts it will not work if you dont use nutes..

can nutes be the same a soil nutes...

well I question if 4oz would even be enough tbh. The cheapest nutes for hydro I can think of is the "General Hydroponics Floraduo" line.

It is 2 different bottles and you need both, but it would be minimum 14 bucks for a set of a pint each (their smallest amount).

I already checked ebay for you and i could not find a flouraduo A+B for 9 bucks.

One thing that should work (although it would be much more difficult to get amounts right), is to use some water soluble MG fertilizer. Like the kind that they have in walmart for a couple bucks.

I would say using actual hydro nutes would be easier, but you can make due with something from walmart or home depot.

i see what i can do to hustle up some more paypal cash ... work on the facebook and hustle off some decals.. just will half to sell the ones i got made.. cumputer for the cutter is fucked... when times are good there great when times are bad there fucked... unforcantly i need to eat so some money is needed for that... lol

hey jimmy thanks a million bro.. great help an to take the time to check ebay .. much respect... thanks you man

general hydroponics is almost always gonna be your best bet for cheap nutes that still work good. So just look for the A+B floraduo set and youll be alright. I got a set myself but still havent gotten to try it out yet as i first used the more expensive Atmai hydro nutes that I received at same time.

tbh MG gets a bad rap.

My dad used to only use fish water and MG on his garden. He had a garden to rival millionaires who pay people thousands of $ to upkeep their yards. Hes like the king of greenthumbs. All he ever used was MG and pond water ever!

Me now that ive started to garden a bit have been going all organic style. But I know that the MG stuff does work when used right.

however 10-15-10 is pretty bad ratios for both veg and flower. and while it would probably work somewhat ok it wouldnt be even close to ideal.

ok well i stop useing that then only feed with once... it was free my favorit kind.. speaking of fish water i am using on 2 plants and seems to bee working... but i was thinking just think had no idea if was worthy or not. but thinking.. i got convict fish a breeding pair, i got convict fry coming out of my ears.. i was thinking i have a 17 gallon tub i was going to use with the air stone,, and i think it would be a good idea to have the water moving with a pump,,,, but i was going to just put the baby fry in there with a feeding stone to keep them feed .. its just a though might have some pluses but its my idea so i cant say it will work ...

thanks again jimmy

Back
Top Bottom