Dying leaves in flower

Totes

420 Member
I have 6 plants all about 4-5 feet high and all were looking good untill about a week ago. About half of the fan leaves started dying from the tips on 4 of them and wont stop. I have been using fox farm nutrients very lightly, room is about 70-75 degrees day and night, humidity is 40-50 day and night. I checked my water ph a few weeks ago and it was about 6.1-6.2. But I can't find anything online that looks like this so hopefully one of you guys will know lol

Attachments

• 20190416_181600.jpg
    20190416_181600.jpg
    664.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20190416_181444.jpg
    20190416_181444.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20190416_181437.jpg
    20190416_181437.jpg
    673.9 KB · Views: 43
Fan leaves are suppose to shrivel up and die. The plant is using them to grow buds. Just give them a gentle tug when they are completly dry and remove to get more light through to the rest of the plant. Don't force them or you may do damage to the plant.

Thats what I thought it could be but its almost all of the fan leaves at one time are doing it and on 4 plants all at once. Just seems like they are all unhealthy and I cant fix it

Might want to add some CAL MAG to your nutrients if you're using LEDS. And cut back to half the recommended amount of other nutrients in case the leaves are getting damaged from excessive nutrients.

If it's on the tips of the leaves that's usually nutrient burn. Consider flushing the plants with PH'd water.

Thanks I'll definetly try out the cal mag and see how it works out. I am using led's but I didnt know it made a difference in nutrient uptake. And I have delt with nutrient burn in the past and its definetly not that

Thanks I'll definetly try out the cal mag and see how it works out. I am using led's but I didnt know it made a difference in nutrient uptake. And I have delt with nutrient burn in the past and its definetly not that

I think also Reverse Osmosis water is also a reason for CAL Mag. But I'm just parroting what I've heard. Watch the Nitrogen levels as CAL MAG often adds it.

Leaves yellowing at the bottom of the plant is a sign of the plant using the stored mobile nutrients in them to fuel new growth at the top. That is not what this looks like to me. (Natural lighting would help for photos). It also doesn't look like a Cal-Mag deficiency which leaves more if a rust spotted appearance all over the leaves and more towards the top of the plant. To me this looks like nute burn which starts at the tip of leaves and works it's way back, all over the plant. You say using Fox Farms and lightly, but some numbers (ie ml per gallon) would help. What is your growing media? (Soil, soil-less, etc). Even though you are using the feed "lightly", you could have a nutrient build up if you aren't watering to runoff.

Back
Top Bottom