Dying leaves

I am unsure to what caused the white mildew though, and it worries me, and I would suggest dealing with it before anything. I’m so sorry your dealing with all of these problems. I wish your experience was going smoother for you.
That’s the diatomaceous earth. I kind of spread it everywhere as I wanted the gnats gone and anything else that might of been lingering. So I covered leaves top to bottom and soil. I have been using sprays which has washed most of it off but there is still residue from it. It’s a white powder form

You can do it, fresh into flower but I’m unsure to when that point is, to when your at the point of no return. If that makes sense :hmmmm:
I get what you mean. I will have to research it. I did add pictures to post as suggested which a couple show the flower starts if you can tell by that idk

That’s the diatomaceous earth. I kind of spread it everywhere as I wanted the gnats gone and anything else that might of been lingering. So I covered leaves top to bottom and soil. I have been using sprays which has washed most of it off but there is still residue from it. It’s a white powder form

Oh so that’s the white mildew looking substance on all of the leaves? Lol ok I thought it was legitimate white mildew on the leaves :laughtwo:

Oh so that’s the white mildew looking substance on all of the leaves? Lol ok I thought it was legitimate white mildew on the leaves :laughtwo:
Don’t worry not the first person. I actually had to investigate to make sure I was correct. I guess I should have made it more clear to begin with. Plus side if anyone reads this post all the way through everything gets explained and due to misunderstandings more was actually learned because of the variety of the feedback. I think we have narrowed down the main problem being deficiencies and I learned a few other useful things in process. Anyone who reads this should learn at least one thing

Are you adding the Golden Tree based on any particular schedule, or any other reasoning?

I looked it up and it does have some good stuff in it. But it’s main effect is going to be to add a bunch of potassium.

The main thing about nutrients is maintaining balance. Once one nutrient is present in deficient or toxic levels, it almost always tends to throw off the intake of other elements. It quickly becomes very complicated.

Unless there’s some good reason to add more K, I would skip adding the G Tree stuff for now, research a tried and true feeding schedule with the fox farm nutes you’re using, which are very commonly used around here, and stick with that for a while.

Your plants look reasonably good. Some nutrient issues. Maybe a little spindly like they could use more light.

You’re dealing with a whole lot of variables and it quickly becomes chaos once you start randomly pushing buttons.
It’s smart to dumb things down. Keep everything as simple as possible.

Are you adding the Golden Tree based on any particular schedule, or any other reasoning?

I looked it up and it does have some good stuff in it. But it’s main effect is going to be to add a bunch of potassium.

The main thing about nutrients is maintaining balance. Once one nutrient is present in deficient or toxic levels, it almost always tends to throw off the intake of other elements. It quickly becomes very very complicated.

That high K level could certainly be causing your leaf issues. Toxic K levels can cause exactly those symptoms.

Unless there’s some good reason to add more K, I would skip adding the G Tree stuff for now, research a tried and true feeding schedule with the fox farm nutes you’re using, which are very commonly used around here, and stick with that for a while.

Your plants look reasonably good. Some nutrient issues. Maybe a little spindly like they could use more light.

I think you’re looking at a basic party pack of common new grower issues. You’re dealing with a whole lot of variables and it quickly becomes chaos once you start randomly pushing buttons.
The schedule I looked up for fox farm also shows golden tree

The main thing about nutrients is maintaining balance. Once one nutrient is present in deficient or toxic levels, it almost always tends to throw off the intake of other elements. It quickly becomes very complicated.

You’re dealing with a whole lot of variables and it quickly becomes chaos once you start randomly pushing buttons.
it was the schedule I found when I first looked it up. Looking now it’s a different one that pulls up. I can’t find the one I had originally. It had fox farm trio, kelp and golden tree. I took a pic of one similar but not exact

it was the schedule I found when I first looked it up. Looking now it’s a different one that pulls up. I can’t find the one I had originally. It had fox farm trio, kelp and golden tree. I took a pic of one similar but not exact

Attachments

• BEABFAF1-182D-4980-AC49-A7967D807B0E.jpeg
    BEABFAF1-182D-4980-AC49-A7967D807B0E.jpeg
    632.7 KB · Views: 139

Though using it hasn’t been a problem through its veg cycle anyway

Ok good to hear there’s some reasoning behind it, even if that doesn’t help with your problem.

Deficiencies are much rarer during veg. It’s in flowering that the plants get fussy and more commonly show issues. More so as flowering progresses.

Sorry I don’t have any great ideas.

So you’re feeding by that schedule at full strength?

Ok good to hear there’s some reasoning behind it, even if that doesn’t help with your problem.

Deficiencies are much rarer during veg. It’s in flowering that the plants get fussy and more commonly show issues. More so as flowering progresses.

Sorry I don’t have any great ideas.

So you’re feeding by that schedule at full strength?
I researched everything I put in before doing it but I know not everyone does. The golden tree itself had such great reviews that I had to try it. Actually your last message really sums up the problem. They aren’t in veg anymore so they don’t take well to half dose. That’s what I was giving for the last couple months trying to avoid burning them again. I figured if they had a problem with it they would tell me which is exactly what happened. So the reason is because it is flowering and not getting full recommended dose.

So you were giving them half strength? I would go up just a little bit -maybe 3/4 for now. I wouldn’t go suddenly doubling the strength.

Those older fans as I said are what the plant uses as backup to regulate some nutrients.
It’s normal to have some die off. Yours seems a bit excessive but I think if you feed them more they’ll be ok. Don’t worry if there are a few. Just stop pulling them off.

Just wanted to point out how this particular conversation has been super useful and I really hope someone gets help from it as I did. When I posted I knew it was some deficiencies but which for sure and why i did not. I can officially say that both questions have been answered which is amazing with the way I talk. Not only that but I learned several other things in process. For anyone out there that is still deciding whether to join in or ask questions I say release your inhibitions and do it. Are you going to get negative responses at times? Yes but the positive benefits outweigh the negative. I spent a lot of time researching internet and reading forums and I have learned so much more by adding my voice. Thanks to everyone for the help and happy growing
So you were giving them half strength? I would go up just a little bit -maybe 3/4 for now. I wouldn’t go suddenly doubling the strength.

Those older fans as I said are what the plant uses as backup to regulate some nutrients.
It’s normal to have some die off. Yours seems a bit excessive but I think if you feed them more they’ll be ok. Don’t worry if there are a few. Just stop pulling them off.
yeah the rate and amount were scary but getting better now. Lol will not remove more leaves

Just wanted to update this post for anyone following or looking. As we concluded last I needed more nutrients in flower being that had only been doing half strength. Which worked fine for veg. Anyway just wanted to add that this seems to in fact be the problem as they have recovered a lot since feeding everyday gets better. Posting pictures you will see some damage still but it’s nothing new really

Attachments

• C62EEB8E-6047-4D19-88EF-A0B3FFA48C34.jpeg
    C62EEB8E-6047-4D19-88EF-A0B3FFA48C34.jpeg
    572.6 KB · Views: 142
  • E2CF8EBA-58EE-49D7-ABD1-9411DB44F8D5.jpeg
    E2CF8EBA-58EE-49D7-ABD1-9411DB44F8D5.jpeg
    649.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 5460F3C7-7D73-468D-8F38-60A673C8AC03.jpeg
    5460F3C7-7D73-468D-8F38-60A673C8AC03.jpeg
    736.9 KB · Views: 140
  • A4472A23-E978-4A95-93D4-D1617E01DA5F.jpeg
    A4472A23-E978-4A95-93D4-D1617E01DA5F.jpeg