dying plant, please help

Herbivore

Ive recently started some plants under a 1000 watt hps bulb. The leaves on the plants are having brown spots and curling downwards at the ends. Some of the leaves are are also curling together widthwize.

637.JPG

more photos soon

Re: photos please help

If you haven't used any ferts yet , I'd say a heat issue is the problem. Better pictures are needed for further scrutiny. How often do you water ? Is this the first time growing (vegetative stage ) useing a HPS ? If not what was the end result as far as veg growth in your past grows ? The reason I ask is that I was under the impression that the red spectrum produced by HPS is more favorable to growing in the flowering stage. I've just recently purchased a 1000 W Hps for flowering and if it will work as well as a MH I'll run both MH and HPS at the same time .

Hi thanks for the speedy response. This is my first indoor grow I could only afford one bulb so I chose the HPS bulb to favor flowering. I water my plants whenever the soil feels fairly dry. I check every day and water each plant differently every time as I see they need it. This is often once every two days on average per plant. I am using fertalizer following a schedule that tells me how much to mix from weeks 1 to 4 of veg with sensi grow nutrients. From the the bottom of the bulb to the top of the plant is 4 feet 4 inches.

I hope these pictures prove more helpful. Also what is repot IMO?

549.JPG

470.JPG

3140.JPG

1151.JPG

Okay, the plant needs repotting because it needs nutrients to grow, and of course more moisture. You need to put your seedling into a larger pot, say 12". Fill your pot with a good rich organic potting mix, and transplant. Under the 1000W the plant is getting large amounts of light energy and is being starved, out because there are not enough roots to pick up what the plant is demanding. Your plant will take 5 - 7 days to pick up and show good growth.

Also when you foliar feed, try to use a very fine mist, top and bottom of the leaves. If you see any beads of water, gently tap them to get rid of the beads. Under intense light, the beads of water act like a perfect little magnifying glass and can literally burn a hole in the plant, or increase heat to the point of dehydration.

Good luck man! Look forward to a cool journal!

As Boss described the small yellow spots look like damage from the light due to water beads on the leaves. Moose is also correct, I would transplant to a larger container. Your soil could also use a pH test if one has not already been done and try to choose a set schedule on which the plants are fed and watered instead of just on an "as needed" basis. Also, if you could post a little about sensi nutrients and what the numbers are we can help you better.

I've never started a plant under HPS. I always start under fluoro until they're a bit stronger. I tried starting under stronger lights and had the same problem. Changed to fluoro until larger and had no problems.

well first of all id say get rid of tha flowering bulb and get yurself a grow bulb or flourescent light watever it iz...
and a lil extra advice to how i helped get my babies growin nice iz check out jorge cervantes his book and video teach alot...
i'll be back to give more juz cant think rite now
but mainly check out jorge cervantes hes great at tiz...
oh and let meh kno how they cum out...

did yu kno yu can start plants off on any flourescent light any cheapy juz make sure tha light iz more of a white ta blue lookin and not like a red...
and seedlings need heat but not too much tha warmth helpz tha rootz ta cum out...

Back
Top Bottom