Dynomyco We Want You: Side-by-Side Comparative Grow By BakedARea

Wait you're trying to sprout these outside? Cray! 80º is germ temps. Get 'em on the heat mat.
Yes. You are right and I agree. Those are the ideal temps. The little ones that have survived are definitely strong. My logic is that I have a bunch of other (garden) plants that have been germinating fine without issues. Much earlier in the season too. Not necessarily cold hardy seeds either. I figured these seeds would be able to handle it just fine.

I decided to go ahead and soak more and increase my odds of having plants for this journal.
Here is what is on deck should the seeds outside decide to not come up. These are plan C.

They will be getting spoiled with much nicer indoor conditions until they have all breached. Then outside they will go. @InTheShed , when your seeds breach the surface, you get them outside? And with with no cover correct? My plan was to get them in the greenhouse as soon as they breach the soil surface and keep them there for the next couple months under artificial light for 20 hr days. They will be getting chilly nights but since they've breached, that shouldn't be a problem right?

I am soaking 6 of each. Ultimately would like to have at least 2 of each. So tripled my odds.

Won't that push harvest too far into the Fall?
If I get them to breach by next Fri. July 29th would be 8 weeks of veg growth. September 30th would be 10 weeks of flowering.

That's where my heads is at. If I can get great growth in 4 weeks, then I'll do that instead and get them flipped to flower sooner.

Last year, I pushed the plants into November with healthy buds. I ruined them before being able to harvest them though. So I do believe I can take them later than most would be comfortable to do. I would prefer not push it out that far though.

These genetics need about 8-9 weeks.

Flowering weeks are for inside plants because they're flipped to 12/12. When you stop with the supplemental lighting it might be September before you see pistils.

Check the specs to see when they expect harvesting outside and then add 6 weeks to that.
Wait...even if I bring them out from supplemental lighting? Shouldn't the transition begin when I put them out? Like what happened to my clones this year? It only took them a couple weeks before I had the "oh crap" moment. It seemed like it happened overnight.

Well, I'll definitely be pushing to get them as ready as possibile. I was thinking about the timing some more last night, and if I had to, I can finish them indoors. That would be my safety net and still be able to complete this journal.

A positive update on some of the seeds. We have 3 coming up!
Both of the Guava from @GardenofGreen seedbank are coming up! So now to keep them happy and healthy the rest of the way and we will at the very least have a pair of plants to show off!
With @DYNOMYCO in the soil.
Without DM

Zkittlez from @Weed Seeds Express and with Dynomyco came up! I will need at least one more to come up that did not have DM in order to keep this genetic going in the journal.

A positive update on some of the seeds. We have 3 coming up!
Both of the Guava from @GardenofGreen seedbank are coming up! So now to keep them happy and healthy the rest of the way and we will at the very least have a pair of plants to show off!
With @DYNOMYCO in the soil.
Without DM

Zkittlez from @Weed Seeds Express and with Dynomyco came up! I will need at least one more to come up that did not have DM in order to keep this genetic going in the journal.
Looking good baked just took sometime you got this!

First: :yahoo:

Second:
Wait...even if I bring them out from supplemental lighting? Shouldn't the transition begin when I put them out? Like what happened to my clones this year? It only took them a couple weeks before I had the "oh crap" moment. It seemed like it happened overnight.
When you stop that, the plants just begin their flowering transition and think it's June 21st like when you moved your clones out of the light. It wasn't an overnight change, it takes a couple of weeks no matter what. And you won't be 12/12 outside until Sept 22nd, so once they do start flowering they don't progress as fast as they would in a tent.

If not a 6 week bump in harvest time I'd guess at least a month with all those factors factored in. But, no harm in trying if it's all gravy!

Looking good baked just took sometime you got this!
Thanks 12! Keeping my head up and just going to keep chugging along. Lots of learning happening!
IKR!!!
If not a 6 week bump in harvest time I'd guess at least a month with all those factors factored in.
Noted!

So in my head, I was thinking that as soon as I get them out and that shock of light schedule would trigger them. Just like I did with the clones. Even though my first 12 hr night doesn't come until later in September. Last year, I had colas forming well before I reached the 12hr mark. At least I think I did...
:hmmmm: :laugh: :smokin:
I need to go back and see the flowering schedule for the GSC I had outdoors. I want to say that she was transitioned by the end of Aug.

Ok... went searching. GSC #8. I am currently 4-5 weeks behind where this plant was on 6/6. So that means I will just have smaller plants. Not worried about that. None of these plants will be going in the ground.
On 6/13 it was transplanted into the strainer pot (amazing by the way). Then it was transplanted a couple weeks later, in the ground 6/27.
In the ground

Here she is in early Aug. transitioned and stacking.

Here she is mid September before my first of 3 harvest off her.
So here is where my head is at. :smokin:
If I keep them under supplemental light until say 7/15, that would be roughly 8 weeks of veg from now. I could probably go even less than that right? Flip to the same daylight length of 14hrs on 7/15. Then slowly ramp down that time. That would get me to the end of Sep with 2 weeks of transition and 8 weeks of flower. I know I could go longer if needed though, which I'm guessing I will need. All this plays out of course, if I have no more hiccups along the way.

What do you all think? Sounds like a good plan?

I'm unclear what you mean by ramp down. Once you stop the supplemental light you're flowering with the sun.
My plan is to keep them in the greenhouse as long as possible with 18+ hrs of light. When they have enough veg growth, then flip to 14 to match the current day lengths. Then slowly ramp it down to match the downward cycle of the season so whenever I put them in their final space, it matches the day length. Just trying to minimize any potential obstacles I suppose. I guess I could just cut the light out all together at the point I'm happy with their growth and hope for the best.
Also, I was thinking I may attempt to finish them inside the greenhouse. I'm not sold on that idea quite yet but we shall see.

I don't see an advantage to that. Seems like it would slow down flowering rather than speed it up.

I'd say give them the 18 hours and pull the plug when they're the right size.
I hear ya. Appreciate the insight. Yeah, I guess I really don't need the extra light whenever I decide to make the flip.

Just checked on the 12 seeds I dropped to soak last night. Still no opened hulls but they're all swollen and sunk to the bottom. So there's hope there. I'll take it!

We got a couple more seeds that have breached! The colder nights definitely make things much slower.
This was 5/29. Guava #1 with @DYNOMYCO and the Guava #2 without DM. It is barely visible on the front right.
Here they are yesterday in the late afternoon.

Here is the other Zkittlez showing up! #1 also had Dynomyco.

Looks like we have another Zkittlez coming up and it is one without DM. Now if I can manage to keep them all alive, I will have two different pairs for this comparison!

DYNOMYCO We Want You

Back
Top Bottom