Eagle Claw - Need advice ASAP

MidwestPounds

I did a little research and found people callin it 'Eagle Claw' I have had this problem for the past 2 weeks but it's only on the leafs about half way up. I had to re-pot about 3 days ago the plant didn't go into shock or anything but the fresh soil didn't seem to help. I haven't used any notes since I started flower (about 3 weeks in) just seeing if anyone has had and luck with this problem
image11738.jpeg

FoxFarm ocean. with no additives just fresh out the bag. Someone had said it might be Light toxicity since it's only half way up the plant but I'm only running 4 150w cfls 2 daylight and 2 full spectrum

If it was light burn they would not be clawed down... Its definetly a nutrient problem. im going to stick with nitrogen toxicity... FFOF is a hot soil... Maybe you got a bad bag with too much N??? its possible.. Ive used FFOF in the past and never had this problem even when feeding additional nutrients... I know thats a lame diagnosis but i honestly think you got a bad bag of soil.

Should I just let it run its course and see how it turns out? Thanks for the input it's my first grow so I'm jumping at the first signs of problems lol

Definitely looks like 'N' overdose and over-watering too. Don't feed it and let it dry out if it is at all wet (not just the top of the soil but down at the bottom, too).

Hello, I think it not unplausible you got a bad bag of FFOF but I think it's more probable if your ph is off and thus not letting the plant get the proper nutrient quantities. Ph plays a huge part in nutrient uptake, and can make 1 problem seem like a different problem. Curious what you did feed her before you started flushing?

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

FF grow big, I made a gallon of quarter stength and she got that from week " 4 - 5 1/2 " of veg. I have to get more ph test strips this weekend so I can check my run off but I'm going to let it dry out for 3-4 days and see how she looks after that hopefully some better results.

image9238.jpeg

I wouldn't worry about the pH of the run off, but you do need to check the pH of the nutrients/water BEFORE feeding/watering.

Also, if/or when funds permit, I would recommend a good pH pen, similar to the BlueLab pen. If I remember correctly they are about $80 but I wouldn't be without it now.

For now, let it dry. And by that, I mean bone-dry - down to the bottom (obviously not until it will die... but you know what I mean). Then... water with pure PH'd water (I'd say a happy medium 6.2-6.5?) and check your runoff at that time to rule out a PH issue.

Also... pick up some "superthrive" and use it as a foliar spray (to not exacerbate the over watering), in case you are also experiencing some transplant shock among other things.

I'm pretty certain it is over watering and N toxicity like everyone has mentioned. However, I'm leaning mostly towards over watering since the whole leaf is curled. It's common - gotta let it go completely dry before you water. Also... I believe if this has been happening for 2 weeks, N toxicity starts to show other signs as well that I don't see in the pic.

In the meantime, make sure you don't notice any pests like fungus gnats. If you do, then this is another issue you need to deal with.

I've done a lot of research and had my share of issues, but I am no expert. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Pretty sure the above approach is you best bet, though!

Sent from my SM-N920T using 420

Back
Top Bottom