Eagles "Lil Mama Wants To Live" HGL LED grow

Eagle1

All right...it's time for Eagle to take the plung.

Before we get to the meat of the details i must first tell you the back ground of this story. I'm an entreprenuer and I was on a business trip to East Tennessee during late September. I was walking a 150+ acre piece of mountainous lake front property for some of my business dealings. After making the climb on foot (always walk a property) i reached the peak and it platued into the most beautiful tract i've seen.

I explored around for awhile and finally stumbled on what looked like an abondoned grow. There was a couple of buckets, some wood...you know the signs. Well when i went over there i found this tiny sprout in the ground and straining with everything she had to get tall enough to fight for life....Lil Mama just wanted to live!

Well i couldn't just leave her there to die, so i cut my water bottle in half and put a little lake water in the bottom. I then very carefully dug her out and placed her in the bottle. Now i never thought she'd live so i just nick named her Lil Mama and let her ride in my truck for the rest of the week. To my surprise when i got home she was still alive...Lil Mama just wanted to live!

Now i've never grown indoor and it was too cold to put her out so i rigged up a little box with a couple of 125w heat lamps and put her under at 12" or so. I really had no idea what to do and thought she'd die anyways. I was able to keep her alive but she was sick and fighting like heck...Lil Mama just wanted to live.

So need less to say this Lil Mama led me here to try and learn how to get her better. I researched for as long as i needed to discover LED's and i knew i what i had to do. I ordered a HGL 126w and 63w and while waiting to recieve put my cab together. It's still getto because my business is exploding, but i hope to have it better outfitted this weekend and upgrade over the next month or so.

So now that i think she's going to live I'm starting the journal and i introduce you all to "Lil Mama"

What strain is it? unknown East Tennesse's Finest
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?Unknown
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Pics are 6 days into veg under LED
If in Veg... For how long? Pics are 6 days into veg under LED taken yesterday
Indoor Soil -

If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farm soil mix FFOF and Light mix 1:1
If soil... What size pot? Not totally sure i think about 3g but not filled all the way
Size of light? HGL 126w and 63w
Is it aircooled? Internal fans
Temp of Room/cab? 74-82
RH of Room/cab? 40-60
PH of media or res? 5.5-7
Any Pests ? no
How often are you watering? Daily
Type and strength of ferts used? Botanicare Pure Groom, Grow, Super Thrive, and Mollasses

100_11982.jpg

100_11971.jpg

100_11951.jpg

100_11931.jpg

Thanks for checking in on Mama from time to time...:welcome::roorrip:

thanks BB...I so wish io had pics all the way thru, but alas life leads us to unexpected places sometimes.

At her worst she was about 12" tall and had like 4 burnt up leaves on a rail thin stalk. She's just exploded since i actually put her in good soil, added nutes, and got her under the LEDs. The fairy tale ending would be she turns into something special, but honestly i'm just happy she lived and brought me back to me roots...pun intended!

Hey Eagle, great story, gotta love it! couple of questions. What light cycle do you have it on and not to be a kill joy, but are you sure of the gender? One would think that the cercumstances would just about be a lock for her to be female, then again the what if does play into it.

I'm certainly no expert, but everything i see tells me mama. I will take some closer pics today sometime. I just performed the 2nd fim this morning. I fimmed the top last week, now i went to the inside growth and did 3 more as a test to see if i can get her to spread across the pot. I left the outside growth untouched and hope it will form a nice rim of outer colas.

I'm worried about bugs. I saw some white on some leaves this morning. What should i do?i just bumper her from 18/6 to 24/0 yesterday to see if can accellerate some growth.

I'm worried about bugs. I saw some white on some leaves this morning. What should i do?i just bumper her from 18/6 to 24/0 yesterday to see if can accellerate some growth.

:bong:

Giving her 24 Hours of light with no rest will do more damage than good..
Keep it 18/6 until she's ready for flowering (12/12) and she'll love it!

Great story.. Rich and Compelling..

Glad you decided to start a journal Eagle.

If you want a cheap easy hanging method. I went to the big box store and got some white chain link and some C clamps with spring clips. Cost me like $9 and it'll hold double the weight I have on it.

Thanks for checkin in everyone.

Also thanks for the info on the hangers - I so haven't even started to put it together yet. I just got her in there and under light. That is only half the cab, the only thing on the other side is my mylar waiting on me. I'll have two sides both 24x21x72. I can't wait to get the whole thing all rigged up and start running both sides. I'll get some chain or something for the light, but the bungees are new and heavy duty for now...still not worth crushing Mama though.

I made a change already and put in shelf cause i was getting tired of sitting down to see what's going on.

Wonderful story man. Thats beautiful country. Your little chamber is shaping up pretty nice. +rep

I saw some light hangers at the hydro store the other day that I'm going to replace my string yo-yos with. They're steel cable and hold about 80 lbs. Easier to adjust than the yo-yos as well. Called Easy Glide Light Hanging Kit. I think Lone Star Hydro is a sponsor here, so just search their site.

I seen those at my hydro shop once and didnt need them at the time. I couldnt remember the name of them but I bet those are it... My biggest complaint with the YoYos is that extra bit of line you can never get it to use and the weight limits.

Back
Top Bottom