Eagles "Lil Mama Wants To Live" HGL LED grow

So how low do you think you will be able to keep these using this method?

This time i sort of used the twist in reverse if that makes sense. I wasn't happy with the LST so i used the twist to straighten Lil Mama back up. However, the concept is the same the other direction. You can take a verticle grower and use the twist method to train her to grow horizontal if that is the direction you want to go.

I used to used those metal things that you hit the ball thru in croquet(?) to stop verticle and twist them out along the ground thru a series of them and keep verticle growth from main stem down, twist around to get more even growth vs straight LST, and never let the main stem get more than 1' off the ground.

Check update for reverse method and let me know what you think.

Have not seen the Twist method before, nice to watch and can not wait to see you it all turns out. Love you gumby plants, keep up the great work and hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas...

This time i sort of used the twist in reverse if that makes sense. I wasn't happy with the LST so i used the twist to straighten Lil Mama back up. However, the concept is the same the other direction. You can take a verticle grower and use the twist method to train her to grow horizontal if that is the direction you want to go.

I used to used those metal things that you hit the ball thru in croquet(?) to stop verticle and twist them out along the ground thru a series of them and keep verticle growth from main stem down, twist around to get more even growth vs straight LST, and never let the main stem get more than 1' off the ground.

Check update for reverse method and let me know what you think.

Hey how was your christmas? Great update. Man that twisting method really is neat. I really think you should post a tutorial on it. I cant wait to see how it turns out. lil momma looks really crazy all twisted up like that! I bought myself a new PC for christmas w/ windows 7. I have been transferring everything to this comp because this is my new main pc so I am just now catching up on everything.

Hey how was your christmas? Great update. Man that twisting method really is neat. I really think you should post a tutorial on it. I cant wait to see how it turns out. lil momma looks really crazy all twisted up like that! I bought myself a new PC for christmas w/ windows 7. I have been transferring everything to this comp because this is my new main pc so I am just now catching up on everything.

I think if i did a tutorial it would be best on an outdoor. Other than doing what i did to stand her back up i doubt i'll do much more with this one. I achieved my goals and she's healthy and upright. I will put some thought into doing something outdoors for the spring/summer. Maybe i can have a nice clone ready or something see if i can make it happen.

Okay got the camera cable fixed. Sorry for the long delay.

Here's Mama and her lil helper(s)

Day 26 Veg

100_12933.jpg

100_12922.jpg

100_12933.jpg

100_12963.jpg

100_12972.jpg

100_12982.jpg

100_12993.jpg

100_13023.jpg

Sour Diesel Sprout
100_13032.jpg

100_13045.jpg
\

Mama Lives
100_13052.jpg

Both Girls
100_13065.jpg

Whatcha think how much longer should i veg mama?

I'm using the 126w above and 63w as a side lite...in my 24 x 20 space i know that i need 2 126s and 2 63s to get good enough coverage and penetration on 2-3 decent plants. I believe the budding will be much better as well. I've watched every LED grow so far and no one is doing anything other than cover lites with LEDs.

I haven't gottent to flower yet so we'll see. I'm thinking at or around LED 400w and getting fully encircled lite coverage is going to be the ticket for my space.

I probably won't know for sure until i can finish off the lites and take clones from the 2nd or 3rd plant there.

I think she's ready to dance.

That's what i was thinking too....thanks for the input.

Ok, i've got the other side the of cab empty, but it's not light proof and i'll have the other 2 in veg awhile longer. How much would it hurt if there's a little light thru the cracks for mama once i throw the switch?

Also thoughts on total dark for 36 hrs?

I've had'em within sight distance of a street light before outside, but really total indoor rookie here.:thanks:

When you switch to 12/12 for flowering it's Very important that absoloutly no light gets to Mama during her dark hours. If light does leak in it could make flowering take much longer also could turn Mama into a HermiPapa. For me some tape and/or cardboard worked great!

BtW, They're lookin very lush and she's got a crazy thick stem! :surf:

Plants are looking very nice, and I agree with what bong said, Take care of the light leak, very important...

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom