Earliest i can tie them down?

Wise Owl

I just started my grow a week and a half ago and my plants are only 2-3 inches right now. I was wondering if it's too early to tie them down horizontaly to start training them or if i should wait a lil while longer so they're a bit stronger?

Hey thanks newb97, excellent link with good info.

noobie97 said:
Wait untill you top the're a little bit bigger. Like 3-4 node.

i almost always wait until the 4th node... but it depends on how stretchy your plant is... but he's not talking about topping... he's talking about training... you can train your plant as early as you want... in fact, it's best to start early, when the stem is still flexible...

noobie97 said:
when you tie your plants down do you leave the tied from start to flower? or do you let them back up when you flower?
you leave them tied down when you flower... however, during veg, you have to tie, retie, retie again, etc... the whole way through up until flowering... you're tying to keep the plant as low as possible, and new shoots contstantly get long enough to tie down, and the tips that you tie down eventually grow up, and you have to retie closer to the tip... but when you start flowering, you want the buds to grow upwards, so you stop tying... you leave the plant tied down, you just don't have to retie anymore...

snugglefunked said:
i almost always wait until the 4th node... but it depends on how stretchy your plant is... but he's not talking about topping... he's talking about training... you can train your plant as early as you want... in fact, it's best to start early, when the stem is still flexible...

you leave them tied down when you flower... however, during veg, you have to tie, retie, retie again, etc... the whole way through up until flowering... you're tying to keep the plant as low as possible, and new shoots contstantly get long enough to tie down, and the tips that you tie down eventually grow up, and you have to retie closer to the tip... but when you start flowering, you want the buds to grow upwards, so you stop tying... you leave the plant tied down, you just don't have to retie anymore...

nice dude, clearest descreption I've had to this day. you are the man

k+

i continue to use tinfoil balls on ornament hooks as weight to keep the canopy even throughout blooming..... this keeps the plant confused and no bud weighs less or is less dense than the other.... keeping that canopy even has verry good results...:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom