Early flowering? Trying to learn how to re-veg!

Dro92

GoodEvening 420 community! i seem to be in a unfamiliar situation . .
I am in Southern California and I planted some seedlings in a plastic cup on Sept 30-Oct 2 & I just recently transferred all of them on Nov 1st. into a one gallon pot with Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. Its my first time growing outdoors but they seemed to be doing great until recently i discovered white pistils growing out on i'd say 5 out of 12 plants. Its way too early for them to be flowering but im guessing it can be because of the time change and where the plants are located at. I am thinking of putting them in the garage inside a green house. I am looking into buying lights and everything else to try to help them try to re-veg aswell. I tried researching on methods but i am still uncertain on what i should really do to benefit the grow. Please feel free to leave any comments and advice, anything will help! ill post some pictures below aswell! Thank you for your time One Love Cheers!

Here are the pictures of the grow :)

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 95
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 96
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 80
  • image2 (1).jpeg
    image2 (1).jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 99
  • image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 87
What you’re seeing is usually called preflowers, and shows that the plant has reached maturity and shown its sex. It doesn’t mean a plant is flowering. At this point there’s no need to worry about re-vegging.

we need info on the plant and strain please..

Well i got these seeds from picking up some flower from a dispensarys "Exclusive Shelf". One strain that is showing the white pistils is called Peaches and Dream. It was labeled as a Hybrid Sativa Dominant & the other strain is Lemon Cookies which is also a Hybrid but by looking at the leaves they seem to have some indica traits. I have another strain called Sour Grape Hybrid Indica dominant but it has not grown any white pistils, BUT it does have 3 leaves instead of 2. ive heard its Genetics and rare. It does seem to have a stinky smell compared to the others though.

What you’re seeing is usually called preflowers, and shows that the plant has reached maturity and shown its sex. It doesn’t mean a plant is flowering. At this point there’s no need to worry about re-vegging.

Oh man i sure hope so! I am still wondering if i could move the flowers in the garage inside a greenhouse with lights in it. Temperatures are about to hit the low 50. do you think its a bad idea? & thank you for the reply i really do appreciate it!

Well you’re right that they will start flowering soon. You must be down to ten or 11 hours daylight down there now?
So yeah- the switch to flowering may be underway- but preflowers alone don’t necessarily indicate that, and would occur naturally with age regardless of the day lengths.
If you’re planning to veg longer then you’ll want to get them under longer days ASAP before they get locked into flowering mode and you do have to reveg- which often takes forever.
I’m not sure what temps and weather the next few monthe holds for you, but if it’s crappy, then obviously indoors is your best bet. No problem with bringing them inside. Growing indoors is a whole different can of worms of course.

Well you’re right that they will start flowering soon. You must be down to ten or 11 hours daylight down there now?
So yeah- the switch to flowering may be underway- but preflowers alone don’t necessarily indicate that, and would occur naturally with age regardless of the day lengths.
If you’re planning to veg longer then you’ll want to get them under longer days ASAP before they get locked into flowering mode and you do have to reveg- which often takes forever.
I’m not sure what temps and weather the next few monthe holds for you, but if it’s crappy, then obviously indoors is your best bet. No problem with bringing them inside. Growing indoors is a whole different can of worms of course.

You are actually correct since last week they are now recieving 8-10 hours of direct sunlight. i am actually looking into having them veg more so by today i will be moving them into the garage and have them under light for 20-24 hours. What do you think would benefit the plants more 20 or 24 hours of light & for how many weeks should i keep this up?

I usually run my veg lighting at 18 hours on- 6 off. Some people do 24/0. I think either will work, or anything in between. You just veg until they’re about half the size you want them to be eventually. They stretch a bunch in early flowering.

I usually run my veg lighting at 18 hours on- 6 off. Some people do 24/0. I think either will work, or anything in between. You just veg until they’re about half the size you want them to be eventually. They stretch a bunch in early flowering.

For Sure sounds good! Thank you! So far the plants have been under light for 11 hours Im thinking of leaving them 24/0 just to try to revert them back to veg. I was hoping to have them in the Veg Stage for as long as 60 days. ill continue to keep this forum updated. I appreciate your help!

I leave the old leaves as long as they aren’t causing any problems (like congestion or mould) . I remove them when they’re obviously totally finished, or I get sick of looking at them. They turn yellow partly because the plant uses them as a sort of buffer and draws nutrients from older leaves as it needs them. So they still serve a bit of a purpose that way.
As for the pistils - no, removing them won’t change or help anything.

UPDATE:

So everything so far looks good. The plants seem to be growing much more now and their color seems to be looking good but there is a plant or two that has leaves curling up and they feel as if the bottom leaves are getting hard. i will post pictures below.

Attachments

• IMG_7828.jpg
    IMG_7828.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_7829.jpg
    IMG_7829.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 70
Hmmm. Normally I wouldn’t worry about a little yellow in the bottom leaves- but from the pics that does look like the start of a problem. I’m not sure what problem exactly though. You might be best to start a new thread on the subject if it gets worse. @Mr. Krip is one who is very good at deciphering these things, if he has time.

Do you know for sure that you have photos and not autos?

It does look, from the first set of pics, that at least some of the plants have begun to flower, which I would expect if they were photos and were outside at this time of year. If you want to keep them in (or revert them back to) veg, you should get them under 20+ hours of light ASAP and 24/0 is even better for a re-veg. Even if they're auto's, they'll benefit from the additional hours of light but just won't go back into veg.

What are you feeding them? Are you using tap water or R/O?

Do you know for sure that you have photos and not autos?

It does look, from the first set of pics, that at least some of the plants have begun to flower, which I would expect if they were photos and were outside at this time of year. If you want to keep them in (or revert them back to) veg, you should get them under 20+ hours of light ASAP and 24/0 is even better for a re-veg. Even if they're auto's, they'll benefit from the additional hours of light but just won't go back into veg.

What are you feeding them? Are you using tap water or R/O?

Im not too sure about them being autos or not honestly. I just got them from some bud i got from a dispensary. i was having them under +20 hours of light for a bit to try to re veg.
i am giving them tap water but im wondering why only 2/3 plants are looking this way?
i am planning on purchasing some nutrients and a PH level reader ASAP

Well i got these seeds from picking up some flower from a dispensarys "Exclusive Shelf". One strain that is showing the white pistils is called Peaches and Dream. It was labeled as a Hybrid Sativa Dominant & the other strain is Lemon Cookies which is also a Hybrid but by looking at the leaves they seem to have some indica traits. I have another strain called Sour Grape Hybrid Indica dominant but it has not grown any white pistils, BUT it does have 3 leaves instead of 2. ive heard its Genetics and rare. It does seem to have a stinky smell compared to the others though.
Leave them alone, they are doing great

Back
Top Bottom