Early Mid Season Outdoor Check-Up

Weekender

Here in the mid west USA I have performed a mid season check on plants that are in my gorilla grow, in local fields. They have been in the field for just over 3 weeks now, sizes were around 12-15 inches when in the ground. No extra nutes until last night, next visit will be time for bloom builder of some type. I will show you one of the plants, they seem to be between 3 and 4 feet tall now, stringy, but have been pinched once or twice before coming out in the sun. I lost just under 20% since planting outdoors, some 3 footers were laying there dead, been chopped off at ground level by a critter of some kind, not a deer. One was chopped off about 3 inches off the ground and one leaf survived, bet it grows back into a monster. I know it happens every time so I just planted a few extra to help get by the animal part, once they get bigger not much will screw with them. Delicious Seeds-Sugar Black Rose is certainly a early favorite, as all of those plants are consistently bigger and stronger than the others, not to knock any of the others that I am trying. So how is your gorilla grow doing ? What specific brand of Fertilizer would you recommend for 2 applications one in early August and one in late August with harvest around first of Oct. The product needs to be granular, as I am not carrying fluids, period. Last grow shop lost me as he says a half teaspoon of this product as well as two tablespoons of another, ah no. Lets keep this simple, I am a tired ol'man.

7-17-16.JPG

In your position I'd just go with a balanced dry fert - nothing fancy. We have some 15-15-15 granular we use on our lawns. It doesn't take much so it would be both simple to use and lightweight.

My grow is doing fine, but it is not a guerilla grow. :high-five:

-EDIT-

Doh! - After thinking about it a little, I'd use Osmocote+. It is small, light, dry, and time released prills. It has about the correct amount of N-P-K, as well as the micronutrients we want. It auto adjusts to soil wetness and temperature to release a reasonable amount of fert's.

Thanks for the response Major. I will look for Osmocote at my local grow shop and the internet shops.

You should be able to find it in the big box stores, too (WallyWorld, Homer Despot, Lou's, etc.).

Nice, may look at Wally this afternoon. You da man pita dude. This could be a better than average year the way things are looking early, survival rate was much higher at my other spots, spindly but 3 foot on average. So far things are good as plants got in the ground a week or two earlier than in the past few years. So I get happy, happy and stuff starts happening, a wild ass rabbit attack, as well as a marauding herd of whitetail deer can really piss me off

Hey Weekender, I'm another Midwest guerilla grower...somewhere around the 45 parallel. The Sugar Black Rose sounds like something I'll need to try next year. :thumb:
And I hear ya about not getting too happy until the buds are stashed in jars in the basement. This year I lost one of my plots due to a nasty wind and hail storm. Fortunately I had a backup spot that so far (knock on wood) is doing great.
And like PITA says, Osmocote is good s**t. I've been using it for years...dig a big hole, pour about a cup in the bottom, transplant and forget.

Hey Invisible I hope you are getting some rain, we have been bone dry since early June. But on the other hand all of my girls are standing strong not even drooping, they are seeded plants with a tap root which means no carrying water, I just cannot do it. The plants have started to flower since my last visit 2 weeks ago, on Aug 8 I see them all moving to flower. Again Black Sugar Rose is ahead of the other girls with flowers very noticeable and I have a photo of one, sorry I am not to good with the camera, I suck at focus, imagine that. The others are flowering but not as far along. My next visit I will place my last granular feeding to help with flowers. Heavy rain is coming with 3 inches expected by Sunday and it is Wednesday now. Should make them swell up pretty quick.
100_00133.JPG

Yo Weekender. That plant looks really healthy, definitely doesn't look stressed.
We've had some real nicely spaced rain this summer but I have had to lug a little water just to make sure that some transplants got a good start...no need to go workout..lol. I'm growing a hodgepodge of different strains of photos and autos. I was totally on the fence about autos but the Fast & Fast was doing great last time I checked..even with some happy, stoned bugs using it for a snack. I have a couple Shiznits and 5 photos. I'm going to visit my girls this weekend and I'll get some current pics.
The F&V at 45 days..
Fast_and_V_45daysTop.jpg
Weather-8-12-16.PNG

Holding my breath today as the county sheriff is up in a chopper working on keeping everyone here safe. He is some miles north of me circling, circling a field and wooded area, not close to me or mine. But he can turn on a dime. He is buzzing farmyards at least this has been reported to me. Say a prayer for me and mine this week.

Back
Top Bottom