Early onset dementia and PTSD

It sounds like a plan to me too, I'm still too chicken to try yet.

I bet once you get all the things that you need, it will be a breeze for you.

Ms. N, my Dad has that and he's an ex drunk. Extremely violent and unpredictable. Everything can be going great, then out of nowhere I just got punched in the kidney from behind.
I don't envey you one bit.
Hang in there, Girl.

Just my thought, I think the booze had something to do with eating my Dad's brain.
Folk's in my Dad's generation drank way too much.

I totally agree. My Dad could sling a pint of Vodka like it was water. Trying to figure time to ease in that drinking isn't masking his symptoms, he thinks people just say "oh he's been drinking". They probably do but if he wasn't drinking I think his behavior would be less noticable in the first place.
Alcohol abuse turns you into a person that easily lies to oneself. I really believe that with the right strains as oil and smoke and if any alcohol, very controlled. He can have a good life. Even if it's cut short, it can be good for a longer time. Patience is what I need keep front and center. I can't worry about feeling like he's wasting time, it's his to waste. I can be productive and helpful and not waste mine.

Hermi question. 4 of the outdoor girls were from last years plants. Almost 7 feet tall now! I keep a close eye out for them turning Hermi. So far all good. It was hot and sunny so I did my best checking those monsters (said lovingly). Getting little hairs now. Do I have to check everyday, once a week, (hopefully) never again? I am going to be cross-eyed, blind or with permanent sunspots in my eyes. Lol

From moving along this wonderful learning journey, I now know how to check for too much nutes, magnesium deficiency, and more about caterpillars/worms/bugs. I scanned our garden and felt a great sense of pride. The older leaves on plants showed the damage from uninvited guest, newer leave healthier. Could see where and when magnesium was lacking and now normalized. (The too many nutes was indoor) lol. 420 staff and contributors are the best learning resource. All of you are just so damn smart. Thanks to this journey I am too. Blessings

Hi to the kindest smartest gardeners. Kind of gone a bit backwards with my intro. Not so online savvy.
Background for me - 57 wife of 32 years. Mother of 2 sons 32 and 24. Grandmother of 3. Grew up in large super stressed out family (the youngest of 8). I have PTSD. Was a smoker til 20. Stopped when I realized it was adding to anxiety and lethargy as aftermath.
Now PTSD is back. Open to any and all input for helpful cannabis tips.
Then there is my husband. He had a serious head injury (struck with a thrown tire iron) by an attacker in 1989. That started the beginning of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) that has now progressed to early onset dementia. It is an odd disease. It has off and on symptoms. Mostly emotional, yelling, non stop talking, rage, paranoia, hyper focusing, OCD, forgetfulness, total lack of empathy, delusions of grandeur, etc. Trying to find anything that will help.
This disease is different than later onset dementia. Since it starts in the 30's on a healthy body, only the people (person/me) notice the changes and are the brunt of the outbursts. I didn't need a doctor to tell me, I knew it was the TBI. Maybe foolish but I have stayed with him. I know the real man.
Finally, last October I had him in for 72 hour lockup at the hospital. They confirmed TBI/early onset dementia. They say he probably has 8 years.
Myself and the kids say "let's make this the best damn 8 years ever".
That's why my PTSD is fully back and forced to early retirement.
I could write a book, movie, podcast, blog or a soap opera.
I know nothing about CBD. Read a lot about each step of growing. Now I am a sponge waiting for all the help you brilliant people can give me. Blessings of nature to all.
I've been having great results with high dose CBD edibles for anxiety/panic attacks.
I've got no problem roasting a blunt of Candida for the same effect.

Both my wife & I sleep better after a solid CBD dose too.
:thumb:

I've been having great results with high dose CBD edibles for anxiety/panic attacks.
I've got no problem roasting a blunt of Candida for the same effect.

Both my wife & I sleep better after a solid CBD dose too.
:thumb:
So for the Hemp CBD is all I have tried. Not as good for me as Mr N. I am taking really low dose THC oil, that's like destroying the anxiety and just changing my brain for the positive. Major domino effect. CBS for him has help OCD tendencies. It's great that there are the right fit strains. The key is try it til you find it in a safe environment. You and your wife are so lucky to have each other to share this with. That must help having a partner.

If you’ve found nanas before check about the same time you found them before. If not then no worries.
I was not a big part in the grow last year. I was a 65 hour a week employee back then. This is better lol. If recollection serves me it was a the very end of the season, just on the fully developed buds. That is so much better. For me. Climbing up a step ladder looking like a nut to my neighbors. (Actually, I don't give a crap what they think). Lol

Hi to the kindest smartest gardeners. Kind of gone a bit backwards with my intro. Not so online savvy.
Background for me - 57 wife of 32 years. Mother of 2 sons 32 and 24. Grandmother of 3. Grew up in large super stressed out family (the youngest of 8). I have PTSD. Was a smoker til 20. Stopped when I realized it was adding to anxiety and lethargy as aftermath.
Now PTSD is back. Open to any and all input for helpful cannabis tips.
Then there is my husband. He had a serious head injury (struck with a thrown tire iron) by an attacker in 1989. That started the beginning of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) that has now progressed to early onset dementia. It is an odd disease. It has off and on symptoms. Mostly emotional, yelling, non stop talking, rage, paranoia, hyper focusing, OCD, forgetfulness, total lack of empathy, delusions of grandeur, etc. Trying to find anything that will help.
This disease is different than later onset dementia. Since it starts in the 30's on a healthy body, only the people (person/me) notice the changes and are the brunt of the outbursts. I didn't need a doctor to tell me, I knew it was the TBI. Maybe foolish but I have stayed with him. I know the real man.
Finally, last October I had him in for 72 hour lockup at the hospital. They confirmed TBI/early onset dementia. They say he probably has 8 years.
Myself and the kids say "let's make this the best damn 8 years ever".
That's why my PTSD is fully back and forced to early retirement.
I could write a book, movie, podcast, blog or a soap opera.
I know nothing about CBD. Read a lot about each step of growing. Now I am a sponge waiting for all the help you brilliant people can give me. Blessings of nature to all.
I use cbd vape juices for general social anxiety as needed while in public but for the ptsd more is required. There are many strains helpful for these issues. As a disabled vet with ptsd I have found Jack Herer, White Widow, Northern Lights, Purple Haze and others handle both my chronic pain issues and ptsd well. You might as well but no promises. Many strains available for any issue one might have. Do your research, try a strain when it might help and just know that smoking it won't likely fix it though it might help. Take that and make some cannabis oil. Now slowly find your dosage needed starting really small, like an amount equal to a small grain of rice and work from there. After a dose, wait about an hour or so to see what affect. Adjust dosage accordingly. We all have different metabolisms and will have different results than each other, just like with any meds. Eventually your Endocannabinoid System will be properly fill with the full spectrum of cbds' and your overall health will have noticeably improved. The endo-system is what allows your entire bodies components to work in balance with the entire body thusly maintaining good overall health, vitality and inner balance within oneself. In my opinion, this worlds declining health is due to the prohibition of cannabis/hemp for nearly a century now. It left our food chain back in the late 1930's to early 40's depending on the location and that coincides with mans overall decline of health in general. Time will tell but I feel this to be true...
1512765160427.jpg

Hermi question. 4 of the outdoor girls were from last years plants. Almost 7 feet tall now! I keep a close eye out for them turning Hermi. So far all good. It was hot and sunny so I did my best checking those monsters (said lovingly). Getting little hairs now. Do I have to check everyday, once a week, (hopefully) never again? I am going to be cross-eyed, blind or with permanent sunspots in my eyes. Lol
Any strain of cannabis has the potential to go hermie, some more than others, some almost non-existant. It is a natural survival ability within it's dna/genetic structure. Just avoid stress as much as possible by creating the most fertile, beneficial grow environment you possibly can and give loving, nurturing care throughout it's lifecycle. Sounds simple but requires good observation, integrated pest management and in my opinion, a living soil grow.

Thanks PapaHempseed. Great name by the way. The "heart" is so cool. May I thank you for your service to our country. Vets and active military are why an open conversation like this can happen. Blessings.
You are probably right with the timeline. Not only did health go down but alcohol abuse went up as well as other non-healthy activities. If my parents had turned to CBD and/or THC instead of alcohol, life would have been a whole lot better.

Thanks PapaHempseed. Great name by the way. The "heart" is so cool. May I thank you for your service to our country. Vets and active military are why an open conversation like this can happen. Blessings.
You are probably right with the timeline. Not only did health go down but alcohol abuse went up as well as other non-healthy activities. If my parents had turned to CBD and/or THC instead of alcohol, life would have been a whole lot better.
But of course...

Back
Top Bottom