Early onset dementia and PTSD

We have some hearty winds here. Glad we harvested all except our last Acapulco Gold plant. She still needs fattening up. Lol
Finished trimming all of the 2 Lavender plants total of 2655 grams wet. Wow.
Trimmed Northern Lights with a 365 grams wet.
The only screw up I did so far was put some buds into cure a little too soon. No mold, fortunately. Mr. N checked and took it out for air and after 16 hours they went back in to cure.
Now I am getting close to setting up for long term storage. I have many jars that I am letting be for 1 week. I will check for need to burp in a week. If they are good, I am going to put into long term storage with an oxgen absorber in each jar. Then lock them in the storage area.

Is that a good plan?

20191016_221039.jpg

Just thought this was beautiful. How nature is so brilliant the way the buds wrap around.
Enjoy your weekend

Good Evening. Hope all is well.
Just went through the seeds. We have a total of 46 seeds. 15 different strains.
I was thinking about taking a vote as to what we should grow.
1st I have a small light. We figure 4 plants for full indoor grow.
2nd we will also try a perpetual veg plant.
3rd when January rolls around we will start our outdoor girls indoors.

Before any listing of seed names, the question is auto plants or photoperiod?

Good Evening. Hope all is well.
Just went through the seeds. We have a total of 46 seeds. 15 different strains.
I was thinking about taking a vote as to what we should grow.
1st I have a small light. We figure 4 plants for full indoor grow.
2nd we will also try a perpetual veg plant.
3rd when January rolls around we will start our outdoor girls indoors.

Before any listing of seed names, the question is auto plants or photoperiod?

Both! Haha! I kid. :D

Been a bit under thr weather. Thank goodness, that through all this year, depression related illnesses has been a problems, I met THE nurse practitioner. She is on the same page as me. Gave me just what I think may work. Not a fan of antibiotics, but I think I need it.
What a blessing to meet a medical professional that listens.
I have everything jarred except our dwarf WW that I am finally doing low and slow. I can already tell, he is going to be unhappy that we didn't do all of it that way. Oh my, the smell....

I knew I was led here for a reason. Turn turn turn.
Hi there. I am late to your thread, but I want to say hi and welcome. I joined here a few months back when I was searching for a solution to a pest issue. This is the best online resource I have come across. Mostly, members are caring, considerate and helpful. The journaling is a good record for ourselves and such a useful way to share information.
8 Years. I hope that they are the best 8 years your family have together. It's so sad but you have taken a positive stance. I have been managing severe symptoms of PTSD for many years. I was given pharmaceuticals and they destroyed me physically, mentally and emotionally. I weaned off with the help of my doctors and am now only using cannameds from my home dispensary. I am not willing to get my personal information on a Government dispensing system to access my meds, so that is why I started growing my own meds. What strains have you found to be most beneficial for your mind-body chemistry? I am going to take my time reading through your journal now, to see what people are advising. Do you live in a legal grow region?
Best wishes

My biggest enemy is insomnia. I seldom have problems falling asleep but my night is generally a series of short naps and between these periods is when I often experience some horrific depression. I exclusively use orally ingested medication. Heavy indica strains in doses between 10-25mg are the worst trigger. I’ve tried degrading thc to cbn with equally adverse effects in most any dose. Even using 25mg full spectrum CBD (thc content .273) also evokes depression to a lesser degree.
@10mg this same medicine offers a very relaxed sensation but short of inducing sleep.

I’ve recently adapted a new schedule that is offering some of the best sleep patterns I’ve experienced in years. And actually, I think it’s due to what I’m doing in the afternoon rather than the medication I’m taking just before bedtime.

I’m a firm believer that we’re losing a lot of goodness this miracle plant has to offer through extractions, infusions and assundried unnecessary manipulations. I, therefore, do a good decarb in my nova, finely grind the bud and use it directly in whatever form I can.

Shortly after lunch, I take a size 1 cap of moderately tamped bud (Dance World or Dlue Dream CBD, both supposedly a 1:1 ratio) to which I’ve added about 10 drops of tainted MCT oil. The MCT oil contains a 2% mixture of terpene additive (equal ratio of limonene, alpha-pinene, beta caryophyllene, linalool and myrcene and a 2% mixture of a Blue Dream ethanol extracted tincture.

This offers great emotional stability for me. The onset comes on in 30-60 minutes with a gradual ramp up to a mild peak at about 5 hours and often still able to recognize positive effects as long as 8 hours after medication.

By 9 pm my lunch medication has worn off and I then eat a buckeye candy with ground decarbed Bubba Kush. I summize that the dosage is about 10-15 mg of cannabinoids. I think the let down of the end of the lunch medication cycle coupled with the evening medication offers a timely combination I generally hit the bed at about 10 pm and am asleep in less than 30 minutes and enjoy about 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

A good strong cup of coffee in the morning seems to almost regenerate the cannabis effect and offers a bit of emotional stability through the morning hours.

Again, I reiterated, anatomical diversity can often cause inconsistencies but perhaps there’s something here that some may draw from. The strength offered from a forum is the composite of the knowledge of the members from which we may find useful tidbits that we may adapt to our own circumstances. So, there’s my 2 cents worth!
Hi there. I am very interested in your profound knowledge of strain, dosing and formulating remedies. Your nights sound like mine. I tend to have an hour to three of sleep and then I am awake for a bit and dose off again. I used to have the depression terribly badly, to the point of perpetual ideation for my own demise. Getting of the ghastly pharma and using straight cannameds has been my saving grace. I too have been experimenting to find the ideal combo for me. I find that the Transkei Sativa is as close to heaven as I could get, and then a bit of Blueberry for pain and anxiety into the mix. I am busy growing out my Tk so I don't have any smoke from that now. I am keeping to mild ones like Cali O and Sour D now during the day, and blends of skunk, kush and blueberry at night. I prefer to smoke because that way I can feel when to stop and if I need to add a pinch of this or a pinch of that, it is so easy to do. Friends are asking for help, so I am doing extractions for those who don't smoke or need to be more discreet. Vaping is a good alternative to smoking, but in my experience, I get the best effects from inhaling burning bud, rather than any other process. I am glad I encountered you here, and I look forward to reading your content. Best wishes.

Hi Carmen Ray. Glad you had some time to wander around here.
Coming here saved me. I was getting neurotic with worrying about drying and curing months before. Everyone encourage me to try it for anxiety. Come to find out, that standard effects for most are opposite for me at least in initial dosing. I am not the best to do recommendations. I do find at least some CBD is necessary for me to get the inner tension to leave.
If I had known to try it as a medicine and document I would have been way better if I had started years ago.
You have made great strides. If you tell me what's bombed for you, it will probably be great for me and visa versa. Lol
Thanks again. I hope to start checking more journals out. I will look your up.
Best wishes for peaceful sleep

Hi Carmen Ray. Glad you had some time to wander around here.
Coming here saved me. I was getting neurotic with worrying about drying and curing months before. Everyone encourage me to try it for anxiety. Come to find out, that standard effects for most are opposite for me at least in initial dosing. I am not the best to do recommendations. I do find at least some CBD is necessary for me to get the inner tension to leave.
If I had known to try it as a medicine and document I would have been way better if I had started years ago.
You have made great strides. If you tell me what's bombed for you, it will probably be great for me and visa versa. Lol
Thanks again. I hope to start checking more journals out. I will look your up.
Best wishes for peaceful sleep
Hi :) I avoid anything that has a hint of paranoia. That rules out a lot of sativa dominant strains for me. Interestingly, I had issues with a lot of the Durban Poisons, but @Lerugged has bred awesome Landrace Sativas from different regions in KZN and they do not have the skunk taint if I am not mistaken, due to his seed stock and selection. I have smoked some of his flowers and I can honestly say that it is excellent. I don't get paranoid. His Sticky Wild, from Kosi Bay is my favourite. I am growing a strain of Transkei sativa which I am going to try to pheno out over time. I have a Durban Skunk, which is skunk dominant with a DP tinge in the flavours. That is nice if I want to get ready for bed. I use Blueberry extensively in my blends. It is supposed to be a heavy hitter, but I have high tolerance I think as I don't feel that doped up on it. I am trying straight Hindu Kush and that hits like a sledgehammer. That will take me to a state in which dosing off is easy. I battle to fall asleep as I have minimare things that shock me awake just as I go under, so I need to be doped heavily and distracted by something, like a movie if I want to fall asleep without the minimares. I do wake up pretty much hourly or every couple of hours (aging bladder doesn't help). I have learnt how to manage my symptoms to make me feel like I actually want to be alive, but it has made relationships very difficult. You can't share a bed with someone with sleep issues can you lol. I steer clear of anything cheese, but that's me. I love the Northern Lights and I am going to invest in some seed when I have space and resources, as I want to introduce that to my medical garden too. I have a Cali O and a Silver Haze which I will keep in the garden, but I am looking for a home for the Swaz Skunk plant. I tried a C99 recently and that was ok but it was too buzzy and it made me edgy, so I guess I can rule that one out too. I have one growing and it looks as if it might turn out to be a duckfoot varietal, which I will grow for interest and possibly hang on to it for breeding later. I did a seed exchange with a Canadian acquaintance here and he has sent me some GSC (love love love). I have a Sour D which is definitely a top draw daytime med, and can easily be mixed with the Blueberry to good effect. I want to include an OG Kush too. I have a White Widow but that is a bit too buzzy for me too. I'm a fan of the keep it simple philosophy and I think a basic cabinet like this works well for me. I would be interested to share symptoms, med selections, dosage, protocol, side effects and outcomes with people on an ongoing basis. It is important to me to continue this study, and mix potions that can help my friends too. Have a relaxing weekend :passitleft:

Hi there. I am very interested in your profound knowledge of strain, dosing and formulating remedies. Your nights sound like mine. I tend to have an hour to three of sleep and then I am awake for a bit and dose off again. I used to have the depression terribly badly, to the point of perpetual ideation for my own demise. Getting of the ghastly pharma and using straight cannameds has been my saving grace. I too have been experimenting to find the ideal combo for me. I find that the Transkei Sativa is as close to heaven as I could get, and then a bit of Blueberry for pain and anxiety into the mix. I am busy growing out my Tk so I don't have any smoke from that now. I am keeping to mild ones like Cali O and Sour D now during the day, and blends of skunk, kush and blueberry at night. I prefer to smoke because that way I can feel when to stop and if I need to add a pinch of this or a pinch of that, it is so easy to do. Friends are asking for help, so I am doing extractions for those who don't smoke or need to be more discreet. Vaping is a good alternative to smoking, but in my experience, I get the best effects from inhaling burning bud, rather than any other process. I am glad I encountered you here, and I look forward to reading your content. Best wishes.

Thanx, Carmen, for the kind words and appreciate you sharing your strain experiences. African strains have recently caught my interest. Jusy harvested a Bangi Haze. Putting the TK on my hit list to try.

Been a bit under thr weather. Thank goodness, that through all this year, depression related illnesses has been a problems, I met THE nurse practitioner. She is on the same page as me. Gave me just what I think may work. Not a fan of antibiotics, but I think I need it.
What a blessing to meet a medical professional that listens.
I have everything jarred except our dwarf WW that I am finally doing low and slow. I can already tell, he is going to be unhappy that we didn't do all of it that way. Oh my, the smell....

:woohoo: :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hi Ms. N, sorry I haven't been around lately but you know why.

I'm glad you're doing the fridge dry, I love the smell too.

Final picture of the yard that provided the great season.
We treated the soil 2 times with our homemade fish emulsion. Supposed to generate microbes and the ability of the emulsion to regenerate vitamin and mineral that were depleted. It surely looks great.
20191112_131416.jpg
20191112_131416.jpg

Screenshot_2019-11-12-14-19-51.png
Screenshot_2019-11-12-14-19-56.png

The highest CBD I

Thank you Ms. N, that's exactly what I'm looking for.
I appreciate you finding this for me.

Big hugs to you. :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom