Early save, lesson learn't, Please read

Today I got woke up how no one needs waking up in the morning. I woke up opened the box an found mould growing half way up one of my main colas!!

100_30162.JPG

Trust me its not a nice sight. The reason i've learnt from this mess is that the other week the plant was gettin really bushy in the middle an needed clipping a bit for more light and air.

But when i reached in to take a few leaf off I didnt clip off with my scissors and just clipped with my fingers but remember it ripping the stalk a tiny bit. Not much of a problem i thought at the time.(Massive mistake1) so I left it for a week and yesterday due its feed I took it in the bath to mist the leaves(2nd mistake) a bit and then left it in there till the water had dried before putting it back in the grow room.

Obviously that wound in the middle of the bud had not yet sealed and because it was in the middle of a lot of foliage I couldnt see that. Then after the spraying it obviously re wet the mould then wehn it got back in the grow room it took 12hr to spread FAST!!
100_30172.JPG

Luckily I spotted it this morning before I've gone out an cut off all the bud above just in case, but lost one of my main colas in the process. Extremely gutted!!

The plant only had 2-3 week left so It wasn't a complete disaster but chopping off your un-flushed main cola off is not good news, believe me.

So I got a bit lucky this time and learnt a massive lesson in the process, could of been a lot worse. But this lesson I thought I needed to pass on the less experienced growers like myself, to save them feeling this pain lol.

Luckily The plant has another cola and now the buds below are recieving more light, not what I wanted but its a save. Here is what it looks like now. Lesson learnt plant saved thank f**k!! haha hope this helps some people in the future:thumb:
100_30252.JPG
100_30192.JPG
100_30181.JPG

100_30241.JPG

Thats the early cola I managed to save and a few other decent buds, lost about 4 gram though to the mould an had to cut the main early.
So dont just rip leaves off your plant, cut them with clean sharp scissors.
Atleast its not a full loss and I and hopefully others may learn from this.
If anyone has any help on this for me or anyone else never experienced this please say what you think or better ways of preventing this like not spraying open wet wounds in the middle of a load of bud which can stay wet without you seeing it early....peace

Hey jelly sorry to hear about that mold and man your showering with her? .....hehe...she looks amazing anyways still and I'm glad you had the smarts to catch that now... I might have cried...I've been searching "high" and low to pull off a small amount of sacks on some hermies to prevent mucho seeds... Some seeds ohhh-well...I do have to remember to wash my scissors and tweezers and meters and such once in a while....this is great info amigo thanx....:hippy:

Jelly what are the type of lights your using?

Where did you get your 250w cfls ?.....i wanna add a few to my hps.....:hippy:

Back
Top Bottom