Early Sexing Clones In Hempy Cups

March 9th Good Morning, Wakey Wakey time to Bakey. Just turned lights on after a third night of lights out. Had to feed the two larger ones last night as the reservoirs were empty. I could be seeing things but I feel there was certainly some growth overnight. Here's some pictures from this AM.
All in all, I'm very pleased with the success of my first attempt at cloning to this point. It has been fairly easy. Of course, since they are now in pre-flower and I will soon be looking for girly parts hopefully successfully they will never really amount to much to talk about.

Good Morning, 6th morning after flipping and there is certainly some more growth. They are very thirsty. The plant on the left is wanting more water almost daily to keep the reservoir topped off. The other one is is almost as thirsty. Adding about 50-75ml of water/nutes each time.
Next set of Hempy Cups I think I will drill the drain hole another 1/4in higher to allow for a slightly larger reservoir. Which gives thought to when I make larger buckets. Currently videos using 5gallon buckets are drilling a hole at 2in's above the bottom. I'm considering using a smaller 2.5 gallon bucket or even as DrDoop has shared a one gallon bucket to get more plants in my small tent. Keeping the hole at the 2inch mark might actually require a more frequent feeding as the amount in the reservoir will be less, however the plant will still be requiring the same amount regardless of the size of bucket it's in.

Ok, so the first number is light on period as I thought. Good Deal! I will see if I can figure out how to put one of these little hempy cups in my tent which I have also recently flipped. Maybe I will put it on the 10/14 to encourage sexing also. Then move it back to 12/12 or even 14/10 to encourage a nice stretch. I'm guessing stretch is encouraged by lights on???

Ok, so the first number is light on period as I thought. Good Deal! I will see if I can figure out how to put one of these little hempy cups in my tent which I have also recently flipped. Maybe I will put it on the 10/14 to encourage sexing also. Then move it back to 12/12 or even 14/10 to encourage a nice stretch. I'm guessing stretch is encouraged by lights on???
Yes, plants stretch toward the light in veg, but I thought you were tossing these after you determined what sex they were. If not, carry on with new clones!

I was asking about stretch during lights on during pre-flower/flowering. Haven't actually thought about a next step beyond learning the sex of these clones. That was the original text/experiment goal. I don't think they will be worth very much at their size flowering. Then again, a couple of Bud's even little ones will get you high. LOL I think I need to engineer some sort of little shelf for the tent to put these little clones in after they have served their purpose and harvest what ever there is to be had.

My intent with the box is to have a clone/seedling box. With unknown random seed's the wait to know the sex has been a long time so far with this one. I feel I could have done this much earlier. If the clones will actually show the sex, then I can eliminate males much earlier than waiting as long as I have so far. The other side is a Seedling Box, being able to start from germination and go into veg for a period of time in a smaller environment would allow time to harvest and dry in the tent, which requires odor control during that stage. Kind of get a jump start on the next grow so to speak.

Lastly, if I find that I have a very successful and very nice female or group of females, I might want to clone a few plants off. Keeping the smaller clones in a smaller environment, while the mothers are finishing flowering, harvest and drying would be a huge plus.

It's a GIRL!!!!! 30 days since cuttings were taken, 10 days since I did the flip to 12/12
1st picture is of #1 plant. It's the tallest currently at 12 inches. It had the most roots during the Root Riot Stage before putting into the HempCup
2nd and third photos are of #2 plant. about 10inches tall
I placed the #1&2 plants in the tent with the main plant a few days ago and have now put the third in. All three are on a small platform that push the tips of 1&2 above the screen. Will let #3 catch up and adjust to the LED spectrum. Number 3 was the Runt of the Cut and catching up nicely.

I appoligize for the sideways photo. Seems we can't edit that in the forum and regardless of how many twists I give the original photo it doesn't matter. What I wanted to show was the growth of my three little clones. The two largest are stretched up and above the screen and receiving full light spectrum and seem to be loving it. Little Runt will catch up I'm sure, just a little behind the curve. At this point the interest is finding out how much yield will come from the little HempyCups.

Looking mighty leggy! You can rotate pics using TheMadDabber's trick here:

full

CLICK THE THREE DOTS SHOWN ABOVE.

CLICK EDIT PHOTO

EDIT THE PICTURE AS YOU LIKE. PRESS EITHER SAVE or PREVIEW then SAVE.

Update Photos today. A lot has gone on since my last posting and pictures here. I did a flip to 12/12 light cycle and was rewarded with a sexing reveal at about 10days. I had moved them into the big tent as I flipped it a couple of days later. My not so little clones are getting into the stretch. #1&2 are over 16" tall from the top of the hempy mix. #3 is peddling hard to catch up.
I'm considering moving them up to a larger size container, a little concern regarding any transplant shock but hopefully it wouldn't really set them back. Perhaps as a test I will leave the largest #1 in it's cup and move the other two up as size or two. Maybe #2 in one of @DrDoob 32oz Stadium Cups and #3 a small 1 gallon paint bucket.
Lots of little bud sites popping up everywhere. Makes me wonder what will the yield be on these clones.
All in all, I'm extremely pleased with my results and pretty sure it wasn't just beginners luck with these three. It was really an easy clone operation

L You can rotate pics using TheMadDabber's trick here:

Many thanks for the assist on figuring out how to edit the photos once they are uploaded. Can't be done once they are actually in a thread, but right after they are uploaded perfect time.

I’ve never had even the slightest transplant shock with hempies.
Al right "Game On" This project is all about the opportunity to test idea's at this point. Main concentration is on Rae, my primary girl. But this could be a great chance to play around and still get a buzz out of the results.

And that's why we top! :)
I would normally be inclined to Top and or FIM them, however I have a limited space at the moment with very small windows of light. So getting them high enough to poke up and compete with the big girl has been my priority. Currently I'm considering just letting them go and seeing what and how they behave.

On another note though, I'm considering what would happen if one had a large number of smaller cup/buckets and just let them veg for about a month and then stretch without any topping into flower. If one could get 3-6grams out of each and multiply that by the number of cups the yield might be interesting. This idea would work especially well with reg seeds and the elimination of the males as they were early sexed by cloning. The female clones could take the place of the eliminated males and still have a full tent.

Back
Top Bottom