Early Skunk Help

HardT1m3

420 Member
Hello. I have 4 plants in transition to flower. I've come into some issues that I can't seem to resolve. I have 2 Early Skunk Fem from sensei seeds; 1 at 12 weeks and the other at 8 weeks. 1 Skittlez and 2 random seeds I germinated. They're in a 32x32 inch tent with a 1000 wat LED light and a fan. They were really healthy up to week 9. They started getting wrinkly and showing signs of nute burn. I'm using ADVANCED NUTRIENTS: JUNGLE JUICE. I water, feed then water again every 3 days or according to how my soil looks. I've tested my soil pH and it's at 6.01. My water pH is always at 6.0. Can anyone please help me or guide me on how to make my ladies better. Thanks in advance

16284846634478298077695402736616.jpg

16284846966968028891747464095810.jpg

are you using the 3-part ?
AN over uses the jungle juice name in 2 and 3 part lines.

it looks like a few things going on. they are definitely struggling.
what's the media, how large are the pots, how often and how much are they getting fed ?

chasing soil ph won't help. your feed ph is what needs to be balanced to the media going in.

edit : also burple light pics don't help. get us real pics in correct light, maybe a bit further back to see the whole plant as well as closer ones of the issue.

are you using the 3-part ?
AN over uses the jungle juice name in 2 and 3 part lines.

it looks like a few things going on. they are definitely struggling.
what's the media, how large are the pots, how often and how much are they getting fed ?

chasing soil ph won't help. your feed ph is what needs to be balanced to the media going in.

edit : also burple light pics don't help. get us real pics in correct light, maybe a bit further back to see the whole plant as well as closer ones of the issue.
Yes im using the 3 part system. I was using this guide a fellow YouTuber recommended. I was doing a BEASTLY VEG mix up until the problem started. I've been giving them nothing but water since they got like this.
The media is organic soil I got from HOME DEPOT mixed with humus and perlite. I dont know the parts tbh. This is actually my first grow. The pot sizes are unknown. I had some at home and used those. I'm currently not feeding them anymore since nothing seems to get then healthy again. When I fed them it was water, feed then water. I usually did this every 3 days. I would water, wait 3 days or so then feed. Wait another 3 days or how my soil looked then water again. Water pH is 6.0-6.2 never higher or lower. As for the pictures ill post some natural light pictures so you can see better

Screenshot_20210505-000751_YouTube.jpg

Yes im using the 3 part system. I was using this guide a fellow YouTuber recommended. I was doing a BEASTLY VEG mix up until the problem started. I've been giving them nothing but water since they got like this.
The media is organic soil I got from HOME DEPOT mixed with humus and perlite. I dont know the parts tbh. This is actually my first grow. The pot sizes are unknown. I had some at home and used those. I'm currently not feeding them anymore since nothing seems to get then healthy again. When I fed them it was water, feed then water. I usually did this every 3 days. I would water, wait 3 days or so then feed. Wait another 3 days or how my soil looked then water again. Water pH is 6.0-6.2 never higher or lower. As for the pictures ill post some natural light pictures so you can see better

Screenshot_20210505-000751_YouTube.jpg

16284875612064653551923069437214.jpg

1628487573068552443456844005951.jpg

what is your ph after mixing ? that is the only one that counts.

you should target ph to about 6.3. if your media is actually soil the safe range is 6.3 - 6.8. that is the range it will pick up the different elements. ph to the lower side and let it drift up.

in the future use a media designed for cannabis. generic potting soils can contain time release nutes and pests which can destroy any hope of completing a grow. you need to be in control or your media.

My pH after mixing is usually 6.0-6.2 but never higher or lower. I usually tend to stay in that area so I don't get the plant off on the pH. I figured it has todo with my soil. I've flushed it out so many times thats why im just giving them water right now. The new veg that grows looks really good at first but then get crispy and wrinkly. I give them about 2-4 cups of water depending on how the soil is looking. I usually try to aim for them to drain some water. I'd say about 20%. Someone mentioned heat stress. I've had thought about it being that or my humidity. I have them on 12/12 cycle from 1 pm - 1 am. Light turns on at 1pm turns off at 1 am. The humidity during the night gets up to around 75% due to me zipping up the tent. I have my ducts open and avoid leaving it unzipped because of the light that comes into my room when the sun comes out.
****I attached a picture of how they looked before the issue happened. They were real nice.

Screenshot_20210809-105314_Gallery.jpg

The roots are clearly not happy
Soil looks compacted, no oxygen (sic @bluter) / over-watered / possibly overfed too
Strange timings as well, why not 8am - 8pm so you don't have to worry so much about daylight?
Main thing is, I'd try anything to loosen up the soil a bit by any means possible and buy a bag of coco for next time!

Soil looks compacted, no oxygen (sic @bluter) / over-watered / possibly overfed too
Strange timings as well, why not 8am - 8pm so you don't have to worry so much about daylight?
Main thing is, I'd try anything to loosen up the soil a bit by any means possible and buy a bag of coco for next time!
I'll try loosening up the soil. As far as the time I chose that time beacuse I'm not in the states. I live in Cancun so the sun comes out super early over here. By 6 am its already sunny outside. Humidity is a mfkr too. They wouldn't get full sunlight like I wanted wanted too because of the angle of my house. I started them outside and put them inside for these reasons. So they could get full 18 hrs light.

it looks too heavy to me but i wanted to hold back and see first.

coco or about 30% perlite. or both.
The media is organic soil I got from HOME DEPOT mixed with humus and perlite
I'll try loosening up the soil. As far as the time I chose that time beacuse I'm not in the states. I live in Cancun so the sun comes out super early over here.

they got home depot in cancun ?
something seems super odd about that. but why not.

home depot should have Sunshine #4 or HP Promix. both are excellent for growing cannabis, and are a neutral media, they contain no nutrients. sunshine #4 is a core product of home depot and will work excellent with the AN nute line.

grab a few bales of it while it is still gardening season. you might want to add a little more perlite to it - it has some - a little more won't hurt, but you can run it as is with fantastic results. it will be much easier on you than your current media.

suspect most of the issues are in relation to the media at this point. i'm guessing your roots are suffocating. incessant flushing only adds to the issue and washes the nutes out.

you also need to learn how to water (feed). great news. the best tutorial i ever seen is right here on the forum.
i also keep it in my sig.

you should thank @Emilya , and read through her stuff. if you're lucky she'll jump in.

By 6 am its already sunny outside. Humidity is a mfkr too. They wouldn't get full sunlight like I wanted wanted too because of the angle of my house. I started them outside and put them inside for these reasons. So they could get full 18 hrs light.

so you're primarily growing outside then ?

watering every 3 days tells me that the roots are in big trouble... you have probably been overwatering for a while now. Also, pH has to change when you add nutes. You saying it is always steady gives me a red warning flag... measure the pH just before applying the fluid to the soil. Something is wrong in how you phrased that and I am worried you are not doing the pH correctly. I don't think the problem is your soil... if the soil was bad the plants would not look as good as they do. I think the problem lies in how you are doing things. Read my watering article and see if that helps you understand how to run a wet/dry cycle. Strive to make every liquid that hits your plants, plain water or water with nutes in it, 6.3 pH, exactly... every time. Force your plants to dry out all the way to the bottom between waterings... going to a slight droop is way better than watering too often.

thanks em. i think we're all on the same page.

@HardT1m3 you'll work through this. the first few grows suck for most folk. it gets way better quick

I was using this guide a fellow YouTuber recommended.

also stay the fuck off you tube. can't stress it enough.

there's way better folk here to help you through. we just want you to get the basics and win on that first. you can screw around after you get a few jars full.

thanks em. i think we're all on the same page.

@HardT1m3 you'll work through this. the first few grows suck for most folk. it gets way better quick

also stay the fuck off you tube. can't stress it enough.

there's way better folk here to help you through. we just want you to get the basics and win on that first. you can screw around after you get a few jars full.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom