Earth Juice Nutes for DWC?

kaivorth

Going to setup a DWC system here soon. I've done 1 grow in soil so far.

Can I use EJ Nutes, or should I be using nutes specifically for DWC? Going to be using a 5 gallon Igloo Beverage Container for my res. Will this be large enough? I rather not invest in a chiller.

As for buying specific nutes for hydro, I would say you should not have to. I just started growing with DWC on my present grow and used the same nutrients I used on all of my soil grows until I ran out of Big Bloom, when I went in to get a replacement, I found that for like 6 dollars more I could buy a Gallon of General Hydroponics Flora-micro instead of just a quart of the Fox Farms. Then I was out with the wife getting stuff for her garden and found that for $8.95 I could buy a gallon of Alaska Fish fertilizer which has a NPK of 5-1-1 instead of the 5-0-1 that the GH Flora-microhas, so once the GH is gone I will be running with Alaska Fish Fert instead and save the cash for a new light. I will post a picture of my oldest plant so you can see what kind of results you can get with non-hydro specific nutes but 1st I am curious as to why the Igloo cooler and not just a 5 gallon bucket? I live in Oregon and while today and yesterday have been a bit chilly, the previous week we were in the 80's and 90's here and the room where I grow was unbearably warm compared to the rest of the house. I am assuming the chiller comment was in reference to avoiding root rot. What I do is change my res out every 7 days, and each time I change out my res, it gets washed out with bleach to kill anything that could possibly have started growing inside the buckets. Yeah I use a special DWC bleach cleaner, it is called Clorox. I know they say you can run up to 10 days between res changes but I am old and trying to remember which day is res change day is so much simpler if I just do it every Sunday, plus it does not give any bacteria any time to grow in my res.
So here is a picture of a plant fed non-hydro nutes and its roots one week into flower
IMG_201315.jpg
IMG_200219.jpg

WOW that is SUUUUCH a nice plant!!! And yes, the idea was an insulated res would be an easy way to keep temps lower. I honestly probably could just use a bucket living in New England...It does get up to 90 though, and it just takes a few days being too hot for root rot to take place. I don't want to have to deal with that.

How do your lower leaves look as nice as your upper ones? My current soil grow the bottom leaves tend to shrivel and die off due to no light getting to them. Only using a single Mars LED light at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom