Earth juice tea

Rabbottkm

I tried to brew my first earth juice tea using grow,bloom,catalist,microblast, high brix,in a 5 gallon clear water jug had 2 air leads with the stone to airate and bubbled for 48 hours but never got a foamy head what did I do wrong

I use Earth Juice as well. You might want to back off on the molasses. If you don't add molasses it seems to get ready faster. And if you add molasses after it has foamed the foam will dissipate. I think the beneficial bacteria feed on the molasses.
On a side note, do you check the PH when you feed? I didn't for my first grow using EJ as they said it was un-necessary. I got a meter for cloning and checked my tea. 3.9! WTF! After 2 1/2 days or so it came up to almost 7, much better. Is the tea getting up to ~80°? I think that is important as well. And make sure that it is well shaken. Also it is important that it be kept in the dark when brewing! You may want to lose the clear bucket.

They were 5 or 6 inches tall. The strength depends on your soil. If using a hot soil I would start at 1/4 or 1/2 strength. This go around I am going to try something different. EJ is not Rocket fuel. There is a good chance you will start seeing a N deficiency if your plants are heavy feeders. This time around I am going to use Sunshine mix#4. I'm going to add some bone meal, blood meal and Epsom salts along with some worm castings and high N bat guano and let it compost for a couple of weeks. I'll be adding Azomite for trace minerals. When I transplant I'll be using Mycorrizae as well.

I use a Rubber Made tub to brew my feed. I have a pond pump circulating the mixture with a couple of air stones thrown in for good measure. The stones get icky pretty fast. I am going to drill a hole in the out put pipe on the pump to put an air hose in and let the water flow dissipate the bubbles. Still have to clean the pump filter though.

I always mix my nutes full strength. Add water and adjust the PH to dilute the mixture for clones/seedlings. Do that in another container. I use a pitcher. Feed your plants. This last grow I was feeding ~ 7 gallons per feeding. So I mix up 8 gallons and let it go for a couple of days. If you can get it to 80 degrees or so the bacteria grow faster. Not necessary though. When you mix it the PH WILL plummit. Let it go a couple of days and it will creep back up. I seem to end up at 7.0-7.3 after a couple of days. I use the EJ Catalyst to bring it back down to 6.5 or so.

When ready feed you plants. After I feed them their 7 gallons I replace the 7 gallons with fresh water and leave it be until I feed again. Adjust the PH and feed. Depending if your plants are heavy feeders or not you can do this a couple of times before adding more EJ. At that point I add the 8 gallons worth of EJ. Repeat. When my pump starts getting slow from ick I clean my tub and pump and start over.

EJ says no need to adjust the PH. I disagree. I didn't the first go around and am much happier after adjusting it. A lot less nutrient deficiencies. I bought a cheap PH meter and didn't calibrate it but I figure if it is repeatable it works fine.

Good luck!

this is a recipe on ej website. why the verdi fire? why not add more ej grow? their big bloomin guano is just P, is this helping any? also is this recipe too strong to replace water and use at every watering? and is this recipe acceptable in a soilless medium?

The EJ “GIANT” Grow Tea-TP
Vegetative formula

1. EJ Grow: 1Tbsp
2. Big Bloomin Guano: 1tsp
3. Catalyst: 1tsp
4. MicroBlast: 1tsp
5. Verde Fire Grow: 1tsp
6. Hi-Brix MFP: 2tsp
7. Meta-K: 1/4 tsp
8. OilyCan: 1 tsp
9. Assist: 1/2tsp
10. Bio-Righteous: 1/2tsp
11. Rooter’s Mycorrhizae 1/2tsp. If store for more than 5 days, recommend to add just prior to using.

Use with no dilution. Can store closed and vented in a cool area out of direct sunlight for 2-3 days.
Store “cold” up to 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom