Easiest Nute Program Ever: Brooklyn Sunrise & Blue Dream'matic Autos

I would like to hear your opinions on it, I like the pro-tekt so far.
I love it! I only use pro-tekt and Foilage Pro that’s it. Takes me about 60sec to mix and ph my Nutes for the day. The plants are loving it also and I figure I will be using it for a long time to come.✌️

I would like to hear your opinions on it, I like the pro-tekt so far.

That's kinda like opening the lid on Pandora's Box. My opinions on nutes are very counter to the "norm". I've done a ton of reading, looking at scientific data, etc and have formulated my conclusions. Fist let me start by saying I've always used Dyna Grow products (other than my last grow which was another counter intuitive experiment) . I don't have any experience with other nute company's products to compare them with. I'm a science guy, I like data and facts. To gain entry into my tent, you better provide me with a label that tells the guaranteed analysis of what's in the bottle. Slick ass names and giant promises get you no where with me. Bud Blaster 3000 to dramatically increase the resin production blah blah blah. Ok Mr nute salesman, how? With what magical fairy dust? You can probably guess the company I'm referring to, the initials are AN. Another big stickler with me is cost. With big marketing comes big price tags. In order to make their products look more in line cost wise, it's usually watered down. Take Foliage Pro at 9-3-6, compare to Botanicare 3-1-2. Same ratios just cut to 1/3rd the strength. Is it 1/3 the cost? Nope! I also like convenience. When I first started growing I liked mixing nutes. I felt like a mad scientist with several bottles. It would have been even more had I been using a 2 or 3 part formula. Now I find adding fertilizer a pain in the ass. The less bottles the better. I've played the bottle game and can get all the results I need with 2. Foliage Pro and Pro Tekt. Fine by me. Lastly, N-P-K ratios. This goes back to the science aspect. The majority of nutes on the market are formulated wrong (my opinion). Tissue samples for almost all plants fall within the same range. Cannabis is no exception. My feeling is feed the plant what it wants, keep it happy, and it will give you max production. Science has shown that plants don't stop needing Nitrogen when they bloom, they don't suddenly need 3x as much Phosphorus, yet this is the way that almost every nute company out there formulates their bloom product. Why? Because people THINK they need it. They've been passed on these myths through the years like the existence of Santa Claus. In nature is there a gigantic influx of Phosphorus in the fall when plants are blooming? Nope. Did all the Nitrogen vanish from the soil. Not that either. Quit trying to think you're getting one over on Mother Nature. These plants have been around longer than the industrial revolution and modern agriculture. Speaking of Phosphorus, you notice more and more reports of waterways being polluted with the stuff from agricultural runoff? Why? Because we've been over applying the crap to our farmlands for years. Plants don't need much of it. The worst nute company I see for over application of Phosphorus is Fox Farms. Their P numbers are crazy on all their products. So what are my thoughts? Dyna Grow ticks my boxes. They tell me what's in it. It's economical. Less bottles. At least the Foliage Pro product has the N-P-K ratios that match up with plant tissue samples (aka what the plant really wants).

Rant over. I'm sure I'll have pissed off several since I picked on 3 of the bigger nute companies. To each their own. Everyone has their reasons for using what they use. Someone asked for mine and I obliged.

Baby Brook is on fire and looking good. Them Blue Dream are getting big also. I’ve had so much fun growing with everyone in the comparative and I’ve learned a lot also. It won’t be long we will have some nice buds on these girls lol.✌️

@EastCoastGhost I've thoroughly enjoyed it too. I'm ultra competitive by nature so I have to try to temper that. My ego wants to grow the biggest best plant out if all 3 sites, but it's not really about that. It's more about seeing different styles, methods, and mostly the comerade that has resulted from everyone growing the same strain. I've made some new friends that I hadn't ran into in other threads. Good times.

Your plants are definitely as good or better than any I’ve seen on there but your right it’s about seeing other growers styles and different ways of doing things. Big Momma still looks stressed but I believe it’s more light stress than heat stress. I raised the light she’s under and moved her to the corner as far as I could so I’m hoping she gets better. My Blue Dreams are thriving and stretching now and it would suck if one of the Brooklyn’s hermied due to stress and pollinated my thriving Blue Dream. Oh well that’s life I guess, my new 8in fans will be here Tuesday so they may help a little bit. Take care and Keepem Green.✌️

Day 36 & 29

Big. Brook has stalled out. Seems like it happened when I did a lite defoliation on her. She's still got a ton of leaves but it is what it is. Baby Brook is keeping up with the Blues as far as size despite being 7 days younger. Of course she's a little behind them as far as blooming goes.

Big Brook back left, Baby Brook front left. Blue 1 front right, Blue 2 back right.

Baby Brook is a vigorous girl, she always looks really good. Hopefully Big Brook will take back off and finish strong. Im hoping Big Momma recovers, I should have dimmed my light down and slowly turn power up over a few day period. Oh well that’s the only way you learn lol. Hopefully I learned someone else something by them watching me make mistake lol.✌️

Baby Brook is a vigorous girl, she always looks really good. Hopefully Big Brook will take back off and finish strong. Im hoping Big Momma recovers, I should have dimmed my light down and slowly turn power up over a few day period. Oh well that’s the only way you learn lol. Hopefully I learned someone else something by them watching me make mistake lol.✌️

Everyone else in your tent looks so good though. Sometimes you just get one finicky one. I wouldn't sacrifice the potential of all for the sake of one.

Everyone else in your tent looks so good though. Sometimes you just get one finicky one. I wouldn't sacrifice the potential of all for the sake of one.
I’m thinking same thing farside, it would be a shame if she hermied and pollinated all my girls:eek:. I’m pretty sure the other five will fill my tent when it’s all said and done. I think I’m gonna throw Big Momma outside to finish up. I will still keep everyone updated on her and she may do alright out there and provide me with some nice meds lol.✌️

Maybe I'm talking out of my ass because I've never had one hermie, but the Purple Kush from my last grow was a disaster. She clawed up and never could get her back. Couldn't ever figure out what she wanted. She never grew sacks. Big Momma doesn't look nearly as bad as my PK did. I kinda doubt that she will either.

I think I'm gonna have to move the fan & filter outside the tent to gain more headroom before this is over. I can only move the light up about 4 more inches in the current comfiguration and right now the plants are 21 inches from the tops. With my old lights I could have the lights 12 inches from the plants but the new light is too bright for that. It's not hot but I think I'll get light stress at that kind of distance.

Day 40 & 33

Plants had me chasing my tail there for a couple days. They weren't looking their best. Finally decided it was a bit of light stress. Used the dimmer on my light and turned it down just a hair. Things have swung back the other way now and things are looking better. Sunday I gave them all a real big drink, 2 gallons each. Due to the quantity of water, I used tap rather than my regular RO. Fed 1 tsp Foliage Pro and 3/4 tsp Pro Tekt.

Brooks to the left, Blues to the right.

Nice garden FS Love the lights! Killin it. When I first stetteled in my new QB moving from 50+-22in I noticed some stress on 2 or three pots. I moved it up 2in, now they are all reaching. Man seems to me you do the right thing, they respond immediately. Do the wrong thing and delays from days to weeks occurs. Now I see how folks get monsters. Not one delay from start to end.

Day 43 and 36

I usually leave as many fans on as possible as a source of stored mobile nutrients, but things were way too thick. Both Blues and Big Brook got a haircut. Baby Brook I just cleaned up a couple fans on the bottom.

Brooks to the left, Blues to the right

Looking good in there. I see what you mean about getting crowded lol. They still got a lot of stretching to do so another week and your seams will be busting out of your tent lol. The Blue Dreams may get so big they take the whole tent over lol. They seem to get pretty big once they start stretch. I believe you might hit your pound mark, I’m cheering for you.✌️

Yea the tent is guna be bursting at the edges thats for sure those blue D. Get huge come flower mode every one ive done so far atleast doubles in flower but usually more like triples lol only this time the one i did seems kinda smaller but its ok i decided to make her into half a seed project anyway. I put some pollen on her from my pineapple express auto to make some Pineberry Apple Express Auto beans lol or something along that for a name lol but pineapple blueberries man that just sounded like a good combo so lets hope so lol. But yea F.S. the girls are looking bitchin so far man congrats. I jus started another like 4 or 5 clones n im guna use these nutes its so dam simple y wudnt i lol. But yea i figured id do like 20 clones at once and veg for like 10 days and then flip to 12/12 right away n see how my harvest turns out tht way cause then it would save so much time.

Back
Top Bottom