Easy seed germination

I am growing in a cardboard box as big as a small fridge, painted white on inside, chinese led 1000w, 2 x 50 lt rectangle storage boxes. I have just bought a 1200x600x1500 tent, Meizhi 600w led, fans and another air pump, have most of it and rest comes tomorrow. My first DWC and although I have had problems and set backs, they are picking up, so I'm feeling good about that. Still trying to work out ppm and water usage of plants and getting ph right, long way to go though but progressing better than I have for a while. My problem though is that I have 23 plants, 12 in one and 11 in other, don't have a lot of height so was going to bud early like a sea of green sort of. Then when males appear as I have no preflowers yet I can remove them and space out the rest. One problem, the roots are all growing together like slings so how do I take out the males, and now I can't move them either? Not sure how to go about it, don't want dead roots in res if I cut them, don't want to hurt any roots taking them out. Don't want to leave them either, thx mate

Phew . Sounds like your going to be busy. You got to hope on all females now then?. Not too sure how to remove the fellas if they turn up but maybe nip all the growing tips out as soon as you know their names, keep cutting the stem back down below canopy and make sure you have a good Zym product going into your feeds. Hopefully any dying roots can be absorbed as they go and not as a dead football? ,just a thought. Maybe start a thread with a title like " safely removing males " or " separating roots from two plants". Worth a try

It is amazing how many ways people germinate seeds. It is almost like all you need is a seed and some moister LMAO.

I have read them all commented on a few of them. I always felt that I did it the same way every time. Just the other day I realized I haven't always did things the same. Now days I do things the same because I have a certain paper towel that I like and have been using for some time now. I choose this because I like them for everything else. For years it never mattered. I bought what ever paper towel I grabbed.

What made me think of this is that the type of paper towel might very well have a lot to do with it. Different products are made from different materials. They are going to hold different amounts of moister and air. Does this matter I don't know. Most will be fine I am sure.

Thing is. If there are ones that work great then there are probably ones that don't work as well. Just because on average they all work does not mean you should not take it into consideration. Most times people never consider the quality of the paper towel they put their high dollar seeds in. Never before have I heard use this one brand and not that one. I think when I found the perfect paper towel for me I also found one that performs well for germinating.

Like I said not sure if it matters. I have found that the Viva paper towels I use have a more cloth style construction. Viva has other products but it is the cloth style I found that I like. This helps hold moisture for longer and still has areas that can suck in oxygen as they dry and still keep the seed moist.
It is amazing how many ways people germinate seeds. It is almost like all you need is a seed and some moister LMAO.

I have read them all commented on a few of them. I always felt that I did it the same way every time. Just the other day I realized I haven't always did things the same. Now days I do things the same because I have a certain paper towel that I like and have been using for some time now. I choose this because I like them for everything else. For years it never mattered. I bought what ever paper towel I grabbed.

What made me think of this is that the type of paper towel might very well have a lot to do with it. Different products are made from different materials. They are going to hold different amounts of moister and air. Does this matter I don't know. Most will be fine I am sure.

Thing is. If there are ones that work great then there are probably ones that don't work as well. Just because on average they all work does not mean you should not take it into consideration. Most times people never consider the quality of the paper towel they put their high dollar seeds in. Never before have I heard use this one brand and not that one. I think when I found the perfect paper towel for me I also found one that performs well for germinating.

Like I said not sure if it matters. I have found that the Viva paper towels I use have a more cloth style construction. Viva has other products but it is the cloth style I found that I like. This helps hold moisture for longer and still has areas that can suck in oxygen as they dry and still keep the seed moist.
Some dude at Local hydro shop said to Use j clothes instead of paper towel no roots will get trapped in towel now that being said I’ve never had that issue but I do have a certain paper towel in the pass that worked better then current stuff I have . Nice info and thought sharing

Yeah, I would like to get something out of this and how things have been I put in more than I needed not expecting them to survive. Thanks for the help Ganjagrandaddy, will try a post.
My pleasure mate. So much to confuse things sometimes but there is always someone who will offer ideas and thoughts on here.

Back
Top Bottom