Eating weed debate

Wake N Bake

Alright, so I believe you can get high from just eating weed straight up as I have personally experianced that. Mabye it was just that I thought I was going to get high? Alot of people say you cannot get high just from eating it uncooked, while there are some like me who believe it can. What does everybody else think about this?

> THC < said:
You cant just "eat it straight up".

Has to be soluted.

You must either cook it with a fatty substance for a while. (buttter, peanut butter etc)

or let some weed sit in high proof alcohol for a while.. use search if u wanna learn more

Exact same thing i think, But if you let it soak in high proof for a while all the thc sticks to the alcohol ....

> THC < said:
You cant just "eat it straight up".

Has to be soluted.

You must either cook it with a fatty substance for a while. (buttter, peanut butter etc)

or let some weed sit in high proof alcohol for a while.. use search if u wanna learn more
That's not true. You can eat weed "straight up" and get high, its just much less efficient.

it's more efficient to cook the weed, but it isn't completely necessary. I've eaten some buds without cooking them and I was fucked up for a while, but it was some dank nugs, I ate them on a dare back in my newbie days of smoking. Eating weed straight up requires more weed then you would need if you baked a firecracker or brownie, and it takes a lot longer to kick in then with a brownie, but it does work. Then again, everybody's different, so some people may be able to get high from eating raw buds while other's cannot

Wake N Bake said:
i think he means to then drink the alcohol, here is a wiki article about a weed/alcohol drink they call green dragon Green Dragon - Wikipedia

never tried that though

I'm sure if someone did that they would get fucked right out of there mind .... I've ate some brownies my 2 buddies cooked up one time ... they where loaded with bud, the shit would just get caught up in your teeth lol, got extremely fucked up though ....

just smoke it! or brownies sound pretty gooddd too!

I do both. I smoke it then eat it and smoke some more til it kicks in then I light a blunt when the food wears off. At least thats what I did today.

Yes, you can get high by just eating eating a bag of buds...but I wouldn't recommend it. The high you get is very ineffiecient, not nearly as strong as you would from smoking the same amount, and much shorter lasting. You do not absorb nearly as much THC as if you cooked it or just ate it with lipids, but you will be able to get a buzz, eating uncooked bud along with buter is slightly more efficient. This works because the buds are digested in your stomach along with the fats from the fods you eat, so even from bud eaten straight-up, you may still feel somehing. It is in fact possible to get high simply through absorbing emormous amounts of oil made from cannabis through the skin (though highly ineffienent), kaneh-bosum or cannabis was listen in the Bible as an ingredient to make the annointing oils used by the ancient Hebrews.

SaveMyPoptarts said:
why would you eat it straight up? Can't taste very good?!?!?

are you kidding me? good quality pot is delicious...
but it gives bad indigestion... I experimented after harvest time last year.

I didn't get high from eating pot without cooking it but I have gotten stoned from the pot butter.

In the two occasions that I chose to eat my weed, it didn't taste very good and I did not get high at all. It might have just been the situation as I was trying to get rid of the evidence before the police could search me and before they arrested me for having drug paraphernalia.

yeah...I am no longer a fan of eating weed. I can see if I grew, and I had trim...so I could make butter..but I don't...and I barely smoke enough herb as it is. I took 1/8th and made some cannabis butter this weekend...and....NOTHING. Put i in brownies, I made a smaller batch, with extra butter, and they were hella good..but..I wasn't high at all. I did however smoke like 4 bowls..then after 4 hours I realized I wasn't high..smoked some more..then passed out. I know if it was going to kick in..I slept thru it. but...it wasn't worth it. I am going to just stick with professional made stuff for when I go to amsterdam or vansterdam..but..then again..if it became legal here...I would love to just go pick up a space cake at walmart. %)

^^^^ yeaeh there something about sitting and having a sess that makes it nice to smoke its like the peaceful moment!

SaveMyPoptarts said:
why would you eat it straight up? Can't taste very good?!?!?

Dont know where you're getting your nug from. Why wouldnt it taste good, just plain? Would taste wonderful.. but maybe cause my pot is Canadian... the best in the world! Better than Amsterdam (cause our prices are MUCH cheaper!)

Heat activates the THC to become psychoactive. If you eat just plain uncooked buds then you will need to eat ALOT more to reach the desired effect than if you were eating something cooked with buds. Recipes that call for oil or butter are best for cooking buds because after the THC is heated it is absorbed by the fat in the butter/oil and stored there until you consume it. If you make edibles right, they work well for a long time and comparitive to smoking it requires less buds overall as well as being better for your lungs.

Back
Top Bottom