ebb and gro?

rsomaht

Hi all,

I recently purchased an ebb and gro, have been doing rockwool, trays and drip for few years.

when you put your clones in the ebb and gro, how do you prepare them? Do you put them in rockwool plugs first? is there another way to prepare them for the hydroton.

how big do you let them get before you put them in the ebb and gro.

And how high or low would you place them in the buckets? i have the two gallon buckets

I put in 22 nice clones and killed them in one week. tried to put in some rockwool plugs around the roots after about five days but it did not save them as I feared.

I clone in an ezclone, which has no availability of putting clones in rockwool.

Also, do you think i could use some plants i have started in the 6x6 rockwool cubes and put them in the ebb and gro buckets and cover with hydroton?

thanks

Hi all,

I recently purchased an ebb and gro, have been doing rockwool, trays and drip for few years.

when you put your clones in the ebb and gro, how do you prepare them? Do you put them in rockwool plugs first? is there another way to prepare them for the hydroton.

how big do you let them get before you put them in the ebb and gro.

And how high or low would you place them in the buckets? i have the two gallon buckets

I put in 22 nice clones and killed them in one week. tried to put in some rockwool plugs around the roots after about five days but it did not save them as I feared.

I clone in an ezclone, which has no availability of putting clones in rockwool.

Also, do you think i could use some plants i have started in the 6x6 rockwool cubes and put them in the ebb and gro buckets and cover with hydroton?

thanks

Welcome to :420:

I also use an Ebb & Gro. What are you using as the media? For the purpose of this reply, I am assuming you are using rock, ie Hydrocorn or Hydrotron (no longer available afaik).

I've always cloned in rockwool, and I started this batch of seeds in rockwool as well. With that being said, you should be able to transplant cuttings from aerocloner into the buckets fine. I've seen plenty of growers do it. Here is how I would do it...

First, make sure the system is in "fill cycle". When the buckets are full of water, the rock will float a little. This will let you put the roots down into the rock with minimal damage. Just pull some rocks aside, put the plant in place, then add more rock to hold it where you want it. As for how deep to plant it, I like, at least, 1-1.5" of dry rock on top, so try to get all the roots under water, but have the first leaves above the rock. I tend to try and get them as deep as I can. Any of the main stem that ends up below the water line will sprout root, so it's OK to put it lower than it was in the cloner.

Using the little rockwool cubes has pros and cons. The downside is you don't want the cube to keep getting wet once the plant has established roots into the rock. You're at an advantage here since you have no rockwool to worry about. The method I'm using is to transplant the cuttings/seedlings so that the rockwool is barely touching the top of the water level (remember you're transplanting while the system is in 'fill cycle'). This lets it stay wet while the plant send roots out into the rock. After a week or so, put something under the buckets to raise them a couple inches. This achieves two results, it puts the rockwool up above the water, and it reduces the amount of stagnant water in the bottom of the buckets. You want to keep the rockwool out of the water to avoid it rotting out the stem from being constantly wet.

Hope this helps.

GH already responded! Awesome :)

They said to add their cal/mag supplement, so I guess I'm all set.

Back
Top Bottom