Ebb & Flow #2

smaller perlite.
I didn't even know there was different size pearlite until AFTER I bought a bag big enough for my next 4 grows...
o_O
Shit being new to old game sometimes.
Prolly have built my own lights too had i done more research.
Always time I suppose.

Btw BTz, clones looking perky & good job on that second build... :)

I see you found some black pots like the white ones. And you’re still using the smaller perlite. I had issues with that stuff trickling out of the 1/2” hole every time it flooded/drained. Are the holes/slots on these pots small enough to prevent that?
I was running out of my larger perlite. I used the course on the bottom and the smaller on top 2-3inches as I re-potted to fill in above. Figured since I'm bottom feeding the top really doesn't matter as much. I had a bag of the smaller left over from a long time ago.

The black pots are exactly the same brand but do have enough holes on the bottom. Hydro store called the 1.5gal Rose Pots. I wouldn't mind if you got a 6 more of the white ones and I could grab them when I'm there next week. If conveniently possible.

I didn't even know there was different size pearlite until AFTER I bought a bag big enough for my next 4 grows...
o_O
Shit being new to old game sometimes.
Prolly have built my own lights too had i done more research.
Always time I suppose.

Btw BTz, clones looking perky & good job on that second build... :)
Different sizes of perlite. I like to use #3 but I understand #4 is great for the bottom when doing Hempy.

If you have any questions regarding making your own lights private message me and I can work with you on it. I have a Quantum Light meter that measures PPFD at the PAR range. Invaluable. I built a 4 board setup for FelipeBlu and they are working well for him.

Thanks for the encouragement on the second set of clones and the #2 build. Once I had all the parts ready putting it together was a snap.

Thanks. I bought some spinosad concentrate. Also will use with agricultural surfactant, non ionic.
You can get cheap surfactants (wetting agents) at feed stores. Agricultural supply centers. No more than 15 dollars for a gallon!

It’s pretty cool that spinosad is a unique bacteria discovered in an abandoned rum distillery. In the Caribbean in 1985... found nowhere else in the world.

Returning from a few days away and these girls did well. The PPM and pH levels stayed stable during the time. Have a little yellowing on the lower leaves. Need to eval and monitor to ID what is causing that.

Since the start this batch has consumed about 2 gallons of nutrient mix. I added another gallon and half today to the reservoir bucket. Will measure and double check the levels before lights out this afternoon at 3pm. Lights back on at 9pm so will check again then. I feel when adding the levels need to be monitored a little extra initially.

One of the Clones was dying before I left. I noticed on Sunday and by Tuesday I knew I would come back to a dead plant. That leaves 3 of which one is rather stunted. I'm thinking of making that a Mother Donor so I can make room for a couple of Northern Lights clones that @DrDoob has offered. Will make every attempt to swing by and visit him for a little while. Plan on sharing a little of my BeBo harvest when I do.

I made some major decisions a couple of days ago and did some culling. One of the three were rather week and really not performing. I cut one and did an autopsy and found the root structure was lame and had not filled out into the perlite all around the pot. I was kinda expecting that given the amount of root growing out the bottom of the pots and sucking up the water in the flood tray.

I pulled out the Ebb&Flow system and put the pots in round drip trays. My intent is to have a external reservoir for the Hempy.

TC#1 Hempy.jpg

I will have to feed a little more often. It will be everyday unless I see it's not needed.

I have two plant remaining and have spread them out in the 2x4 flowering tent. They have just finished stretch and by removing the Ebb&Flow system have much more room under the lights. This was certainly not the strain to grow with limited height. I have pruned up quite a bit from the bottom. I'm looking to reduce the amount of larfy growth and perhaps put more energy into the buds. Not expecting a great harvest from this grow.

It's been over a month since I last posted here so I figure it's about time to do an update.

Here is the large tent with two of the Triple Cheese Clones. I figure I have at least another 3-4 weeks before harvest.

The buds are building nicely.

One point of interest. My timer was set to Day Light Savings Time mode and something else was messed up. I had it set to go off at 3pm and back on at 3am. It wasn't happening and up until about 2weeks ago the light schedule was set on 13hrs on and only 11hrs off.

I corrected to 12/12 and now have them getting only 11hours of light from 4am until 3pm.

These two have been outside for over a week and are responding very well to the high intensity PPFD levels. I moved things around on the patio to get them into an earlier sun exposure point. This increased the sun exposure start time from 10:30 to 9am. PPFD at 9am at this new location is already over 1700 and increasing.

Moving the plants outside was done because of certain potential fire risk growing inside a tent with lights and fans run by electricity. Even though the lights are off when I'm typically not around the house there was high concerns of fire risk.

Since I now am only growing outdoors discussion has considered the possible of growing Auto's even during what is generally accepted as mild winter temps in San Diego.

I'm going to try a little experiment over the winter. I have quite a few Auto seeds and think I will drop one and once it has sprouted put it in a 2gal hempy bucket on this patio wall. Monitoring the weather I can always pull it inside at dusk and back out before 9am if really cold night temp is expected.

I harvested the other Triple Cheese clone on the 14th of November and final trimmed and put into jars today. Intial dry yield is 2.7oz. I'm expecting it to reduce a little as the bud is slightly moist. I feel these two Triple Cheese might actually yield a little more! :p

I have harvested one of the two in this grow and it's hanging at the moment. There was some bud rot that was eliminated before hanging. The second one is getting close to harvest and I think I'm seeing some bud rot on it also. The buds are squishy and soft next to a firmer feel with other that don't appear to have the rot. I'm at a point now of just knowing that what ever I get off of these two will be just a little extra bonus.

I harvested the second plant today and it also had some bud rot on it. I have only had issues with bud rot on this particular strain. It could be an environment control issue which I can completely understand just couldn't control with current equipment.

It hopefully won't be an issue in the future with growing outside.

Today was a light final trim of the first of two harvested a couple of weeks ago. They have been hanging and drying in a very cool dark area at about 60-62% humidity.

I was actually surprised at the yield on the first one. As I always do I separated the jars into top tight buds and the lower lighter and smaller buds.

Top Tight Buds = 14grams Smaller Looser Buds = 27grams. Total = 41grams about 1.44oz. Nice!

Today was a light final trim of the second of two harvested a couple of weeks ago. They have been hanging and drying in a very cool dark area at about 60-62% humidity.

I was actually surprised at the yield on the first one. Even more surprised by the yield on the second. As I always do I separated the jars into top tight buds and the lower lighter and smaller buds.

Top Tight Buds = 5grams Smaller Looser Buds = 40grams. Total = 45grams about 1.59oz. Nice!

All in all a little over 3 ounces from the two plants. In the past I've been pleased with an Ounce and a half per plant. It was a difficult grow so this final result is rewarding. Three Ounces will keep me good for quite a while in the future.

Back
Top Bottom