ebb grow problems

jgritty

Please Help!
I'm running Ebb Grow 36 buckets. My plants were doing fine, but in the last few days they have started to droop a lot and turn yellow. I'm using hydroton and rockwool with GH Grow, bloom, and micro. Week 3 Veg, feeding at around 900 ppm. My room temps are day 78-83, night 72-75. Im using CO2 1500. RH is 30-40 (seems a bit low, but how can I raise it?) Lights were on 18/6 until 2 days ago when I read PitViper's advice on going 24 hours. Feeding was 3 times a day for 15 minutes at 18/6, but I just switched them to every 4 hours for 15 minutes (6 times a day) because the recomm. posts I read said to water more. Since then the plants went from droopy to more droopy. Is this over/under watering? How can they want less than 3 times a day at 18/6, when some posters say up to 7 plus feeding times a day at 24 is good? I'm running 8 600 watt lights, bout 4 plants under each light. Lights are 22 inches away from plant. I change nutes out once a week. Ph is at 6.0. Also, how do I post pics on here to show the problem? This is my first post, please help! Gritty

Hey Man.

Welcome to 420.

Here's how to post pics.

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Pics will help.

Are you adding any Cal-Mag?

Increasing your flood as you mentioned is a good step. It might take a couple of days for the plants to adjust.

You can add a Humidifier to your room to increase your RH.

Be on the lookout for some Pics....

SF

pic216.179558

pic116 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

if you have the Microsoft Office Picture Manager it works like a charm. :goodluck:

I believe the Pit runs his or did... Run his 6 times a day for 1 hour{that might be in flower?}that was with 23 or so buckets... Man that's one hell of a setup, 36 buckets and 8 600s... Looks like what ^ SF said... Are you running one controller bucket? Cuz if you are, you need to flood way longer... I know cap says 40 buckets or some such thing... However my friends tell me different... :welcome: :goodluck:

These pics are news since yesterday. The problem seems to be getting worse. There is more drooping and now more yellowing too. I bumped up the feeding to every 4 hours for 30 minutes yesterday 24 hours on, but it seems to be getting worse. Even the plants that were okay looking yesterday are looking worse. I dug with my hands a few inches down into the hydroton and it seems very moist there. Are you sure I'm not over watering. The roots are long enough to barely exit the bottom of the pots. Please help! I'll provide whatever information possible.

full

full

full

full

full

you're getting close on the pics. It looks like you're uploading thumbnails from your puter. Whatever program you're using to resize your pics is likely storing TWO versions of your pics. One that is full size, and one that is a thumbnail. All the thumbnails will prolly be in a folder inside or near the one with the full-sized images.

I'm definitely 100% hoping you get an answer to this question. I'm seeing this issue cropping up in my setups and in others and its time we get a good answer to the prob.

I'm leaning towards reservoir issues. For me I think its temps, lack of proper circulation, and lack of O2. All of which I hope to remedy right ASAP.

:nicethread::peace:

It was underwatering. Thanks guys, it's much better now. Returning to normal. I switched it to every 4 hours for 30 minutes, in 24 hour veg. Seems to be working.

I would recomend...6-8 times x45 mins........the real limit is the res size. thet are small now..but you use aprox 35 gals to flood with that amount of pots. keep an eye on them once they get big. 48 pots is fine for lettuce.....30-35 is max with weed.....

Thanks Pit! I've read a lot of your posts and am grateful to have you post a reply. Your ebb grow advice is the reason I registered here a couple days ago. Thanks again bro. Grit

Back
Top Bottom