EcDriver Goes Hydro For The First Time

ecdriver

hi all, as i said in the "introduce yourself" section, i've grown 5 years ago in soil and the results were not bad at all, i had around 40/55grams on each plants wich were a low quality diesel beans. i had 6 plant under the 600wgrolux, it means a little under 0.5gram/watt wich is not impressive but not to bad.

now i'd like to go more under details with this grow.
my box is a 125X125X200 VG AGROBOX with inside:

-a cool box reflector sucked by a 450m3/hour RVK exhaust
-a 600W grolux inside the cooled reflector
-a so simple recirculating system on clay peebles in 6X 7 liters pots on a table with the rez and pumps below.
-couple fans and adwa Ec and Ph meters both brand new and calibrated as it should be.
-that's it, you can see i have all i need except Experience about hydro, i'll need the help of the Hydro-kings wich flies around here if they have a bit of time...:Namaste:.

i've setup the tent and hydro system to try to regulate and stabilize the water and pebbles Ph wich i read it needs to stay at about Ph5.5 for the veget-grow.

i've soak my beans of dinafem's mobydick and 1freebie of white widow from the same breeder.
i also found a few Hawaian snow beans i kept in aspirin tube and soaked them first to see if they can pop after a 4/5 years sleeping and they did great, they popped in 48H.
i'll put them outside around end of February.
i forgot to mention that i'll use the metrop nutrient line wich is only 4 bottles for the full grow.
if someone has experienced it yet , feel free to give your feed back at any time.

this diary is not only mine, it's your's also if you like to participate and give your opinions or critics or even jokes or shouting what you need to shout!!
i need to put life and action in that journal, not just the growing side, also the human.

a few pics is better than a billion words.

DSC_04521.jpg
DSC_04543.jpg

i give to the babies some Ph 6 water with a tiny bit of mamaquilla wich is a root stimulant i had for freebie when i ordered the growbox and pump. i just soaked the rooter plugs in solution,drop the excess water and drop the bean in plug center hole.
since that i just put a tiny bit moist with a mister of the above solution every other day, they look not bad Atm...
i also soaked the 5 mobys and the freebie whitewidow (that i mixed with the others by my mistake....) they are already in root plug with the same treatment but have 4 day less than the HS, they should show their nose out of plug today or tomorrow, it's raining there and the RH is perfect for popping seeds.

feel free to give your impressions, feedback critics, shouts, kisses, insults or whatever you need to tell.

i wish you all grow wild and healthy!!!

E.D.

i have to mention that i read on this forum for maybe 1year now and i learnt tons of important things about hydro in general and all i know is mainly from 420 mag.
i wish that nice people have a look to my first try in hydro and maybe could guides me a bit.
i can give a few advices myself about soil growing based on my little experience and loads of mistakes i learnt from.

hi Friends growers
yesterday was nice, i managed to stabilize the pebbles PH (i think) around 5.5 and in another way, the 3 babies Hawaiiansnow (it left three because 1 didn't germinate correctly in my opinion and i thrown it to the bin) they all took 4cm in ONE day/night !!! the MOBIES and whitewidow have started to show their nose but are just a tiny bit shy...
i'll check this morning and let ya know.
have a nice and skunky day with your girlz Growers !!!

a quick pic of our first real tap-root on the 3 babies hawaiiansnow, i only made one picture as they are really same 3.
have a good day !!
DSC_05415.jpg

i’ll just make a test with these hawaiiansnow beans that i found a few days before, i’ll stick them in the pebbles as the peebles are ph-stabilized to 5,5 now.
i gave them a solution with 1/5 strength of the metrop veg schedule with MR1, aminoXTr and calgreen, this is my first test with metrop and i’d like to see what i can do or not with it .
maybe the seedling will die at a 0,8Ec, it’s just a rough test, will see.
cheers.
W.B.

Hey EC nice to meet you man I saw your journal and figured I would stop by and check out the grow I don't know anything about hydro but I would love to learn with you heck I am pretty new to growing in genereal but just stopping by to say hi and also subbing welcome

Hey EC nice to meet you man I saw your journal and figured I would stop by and check out the grow I don't know anything about hydro but I would love to learn with you heck I am pretty new to growing in genereal but just stopping by to say hi and also subbing welcome

welcome onboard MrFlex. i'm not an expert neither but i'll make them green anyway.

hi flex, the system is a simple nft style recirculating on some clay balls in 7liters pots with a rez/tank and pump below.
all you need to know about this system is in the beginning of my journal.
Cheers.

plants are just seedling atm, and i think they looks pretty fine, i wish they make big roots in these peebles...
first try to hydro, still a lot to learn.
have a great day.
E.D.

hi friends, today, all is slow but nice, the HSnow seedlings are looking well in the system with the drippers on 15min every hours when light on and a couple times lights off. water climbed to Ph6,3 and i took it down to 6.
the MD are still in root riot and their roots have well thrived through the plug, i gave them a few spray of Ph6 water and tomorrow i’ll give them a bit food at Ec0,65. will see...

greenest vibes.

DSC_05562.jpg
DSC_05501.jpg
DSC_05521.jpg
DSC_05481.jpg

first two are HS and pic 3&4 are MD.
i'll try the metrop aminoxtr root/bloom soon at the end of current week.

best green vibes for all growers.

E.D.

Back
Top Bottom