Eco 396

Stealthy1

Hey guys thought Id chime in about this pump.

Now normally I use Via Aqua pumps in my pond and fountain setups I had a couple that I had removed from service and tried to use them in my prototype hydro system will ill effects.
Problem is they dont have enough pressure for sprayers.
Of course mag drive pumps arnt known for there pressure are they.

I thought Id try this brand as it seems popular amongst the cheap hydro setups Ive seen on ebay.

It was $25 shipped and it came pretty quick yes I could have gotten a similar output VA pump for maybe $18 shipped...

Upon arrival first thing I notice is it has a foam filter on it. thats good I dont want my sprayers getting clogged and the VA pump I was looking at didnt have that.

Then I removed the filter and the best surprise yet is that it has a threaded input so I can use it as an inline pump Sweet!!!

I have a couple VA pumps with this option but both leaked fairly badly when used this way and they use thin cheap rubber seals which dry out in a couple months and crumble anyways making them leak more than they pump.

The ECO pump has nice fat O-rings on every fitting and they "look" like better quality but only time will tell on that note. and its sealed tighter than my wife's legs when Im in the mood.

Over all the build quality is no comparison. Its much quieter and has allot less vibration.

So your saying "Well that's great but hows it work?" Well I have a VA pump with almost the same rating and it most definitely flows more but also it has better suction and pressure when you pinch the line it keeps pushing the water where the VA pump gets to a point and just stops pushing and starts cavitating.

Anyways just though Id throw that out there

Upon arrival first thing I notice is it has a foam filter on it. thats good I dont want my sprayers getting clogged and the VA pump I was looking at didnt have that.
Thanks Stealthy1 as so many readers in Hydro experience clogged jets. These things are good to know.

Stealthy I bought the same pump for my homemade aeroponic system. I plan on buying 3 more of these pumps to complete my system. I will be testing my pump out this weekend.

How did test go?
I love this pump. lol if it is posible to love a mag drive water pump that is.

How did test go?
I love this pump. lol if it is posible to love a mag drive water pump that is.

Sorry for the delay stealthy. I've been busy at work. I havn't had time to do it yet. But I"m definetly going to do it this weekend. I'm going to start a journal this weekend. I"ll give you a holla when I start it up.

Back
Top Bottom