Ed Rosenthal to be Tried

Pinch

Can't believe it, the Judge couldn't believe it and wanted to know which idiot in the Justice Department made the decision. As the Judge said, the trial has happened, the sentence served..

I don't get it either. :peace: :hmmmm:

Mr Moose, I just can't figure this one out. Vindictive is the only word I or anyone, including U.S. District Court Judge Charles Breyer, can come up with.

Marijuana prosecution appears to be a political mandate of the Justice Department (with the DEA's support, I'm sure).

"This isn't a criminal case, this is a political case," said Rosenthal, who appeared in court dressed in a blue wizard's robe with a golden marijuana leaf emblazoned over the breast. "I may as well get my money's worth and have a trial."

Here's what one blogger wrote:

Newly appointed U.S. Attorney. Interesting.

Scott Schools replaces US Attorney Kevin Ryan (who prosecuted Rosenthal for the past 4 years) and claims to be only a temporary replacement. Ryan (one of the infamous group of US Attorneys who was fired) was supposedly actually fired for incompetence (and it was Schools who "investigated" Ryan). Schools appears to be a political hack, with some history of politically motivated prosecution.

And now Schools is doing this.

So what is going on here? What possible reason is there to prosecute Rosenthal other than to make the federal government look even more stupid? Has their fear of what we can do to their precious drug war so colored their judgment? Is there a strategy here that I'm missing?

Me, I'm totally confused..:hmmmm: :peace:

Yeah, me too. I am thankful we don't have the drug czar problem in Australia. Although we have a Federally mandated zero-tolerance policy in Australia, I am honestly unaware of any anti-drug vendettas. One thing I put it down to is that a lot of anti-drug action in America is generated by people elected to office (like the sheriffs and DA's). Where their very job existence depends on the wowser vote, and their function becomes sensational rather than logical.

Mr Moose, I just can't figure this one out. Vindictive is the only word I or anyone, including U.S. District Court Judge Charles Breyer, can come up with.

Marijuana prosecution appears to be a political mandate of the Justice Department (with the DEA's support, I'm sure).

"This isn't a criminal case, this is a political case," said Rosenthal, who appeared in court dressed in a blue wizard's robe with a golden marijuana leaf emblazoned over the breast. "I may as well get my money's worth and have a trial."

Here's what one blogger wrote:

Newly appointed U.S. Attorney. Interesting.

Scott Schools replaces US Attorney Kevin Ryan (who prosecuted Rosenthal for the past 4 years) and claims to be only a temporary replacement. Ryan (one of the infamous group of US Attorneys who was fired) was supposedly actually fired for incompetence (and it was Schools who "investigated" Ryan). Schools appears to be a political hack, with some history of politically motivated prosecution.

And now Schools is doing this.

So what is going on here? What possible reason is there to prosecute Rosenthal other than to make the federal government look even more stupid? Has their fear of what we can do to their precious drug war so colored their judgment? Is there a strategy here that I'm missing?

Me, I'm totally confused..:hmmmm: :peace:

Is that true?? If so, then dude is funny for that.

Yes, all true. Only too. :peace: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom