Grow Journal of the Month: June 2018
Hmmm how about my chewy gingerbread (gingie) recipe? I’m not sure what format you want here
- • 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- • 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1 cup canna infused coconut oil softened (not liquid) or canna butter
- • 1 1/3 cup white sugar
- • 1 egg
- • 1 tablespoon water
- • 1/3 cup molasses
- • 4 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses.
- Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
- Shape the dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. You don't need to flatten them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes approximately 24 medium sized cookies. Store in an airtight container and freeze.