Edible recipes & infusion recipes

Here’s the recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts. Super simple,I know, but easy, tested and delicious.
This is a double batch

Ingredients:
3/4 Cup (170g) Cannabutter (maybe a pinch extra) at room temperature
1 1/4 Cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp and vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
2 Tbs milk
1 egg

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

3/4 chocolate chips of your choice
1 cup chopped walnuts

Baking:
Preheat oven to 375f

In a mixing bowl Combine:
Cannabutter (room temperature)
Brown sugar
Vanilla
Almond extract
Milk

Mix them all together until everything’s velvety smooth. Using any kind of electric mixer will save you a lot of sweat.

Now you can add the egg and mix it in

Mix the:
Flour
Salt
Baking Soda together In a separate bowl and then slowly mix into the larger bowl. Once everything is just mixed add in the nuts and chips.

Roll up into around 2 ounce balls and put on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The cookies will melt down to about 3x their original footprint so don’t overcrowd the pan. Also cook only 1 pan at a time to make sure they all cook evenly. 10-12 minutes for soft chewy goodness, a couple more for crispness. I like to keep em soft to make sure I don’t burn up any valuable THC in the oven. Enjoy!
Mmmmm. Think ima try these with pistachios and walnut.

Uuuhmmm, I'm nuts bout nuts in cookies, next best thing since half n half....lol Has @newty found this thread yet, she's going to go nut a doodle doo.......lol @Bonsaiweed , glad I found ya, had your thread all along........ need to do some baking in the future sometime, something nutty me thinks.....:goodjob:
Newty is in a sad position right now. She has a four-legged pal that isn't doing so well. We are hoping for the best, but she was quite upset the last post she made. No word yet, as she was trying hard to get home and figure out the situation.

But the thread is moving a little slow. I've not been proactive about finding more recipes, so I'm partly to blame for it. A few more in the last week or so.......

Added

I couldn't replicate the images in the post, because they were hers, not mine. So I just linked the whole post. It takes you off this thread, but I figure that is ok.

Opinions?

@Bonsaiweed thats awesome! I need to play with my recipe for gummy bears for the archive.
I've decided to make an Index thread.

it will have a list of any index I can think of. There are a bunch already. It will be easier than trying to make all new threads that contain stuff....It will be a huge work in progress.

It may also be in the fall before I start. I have a huge list of things to do for my business and the honey do list.....

Heya Bonsaiweed and gang,

Can anyone tell me if there has been an attempt to make cannabeer? If any recipes around, look toward the keeper if the cookbook.

Have had this kicking round for a while and seeing as Sue has poked the mad scientist in me, I thought I'd give it a go.

So theory is that the closest plant to cannabis is hops...
Hops is used in the "wort" as a flavour and fullness adjuster so to speak.
Replace hops with cannabis and ferment as normal?

Thoughts or theories?

Wondering if addition of oil in priming sugar for bottle will slow priming and add flavour? Or need at all for plant matter in initial ferment? Don't want massive kick outta this just a nice Sunday cruise.
Maybe just the oil at finish?

This is all theory at the moment. Still need to get of my butt and sanitise the barrel and bottles, so got some time before I start.

Will start a thread when I'm organised to start.

Cheers gang.

Heya Bonsaiweed and gang,

Can anyone tell me if there has been an attempt to make cannabeer? If any recipes around, look toward the keeper if the cookbook.

Have had this kicking round for a while and seeing as Sue has poked the mad scientist in me, I thought I'd give it a go.

So theory is that the closest plant to cannabis is hops...
Hops is used in the "wort" as a flavour and fullness adjuster so to speak.
Replace hops with cannabis and ferment as normal?

Thoughts or theories?

Wondering if addition of oil in priming sugar for bottle will slow priming and add flavour? Or need at all for plant matter in initial ferment? Don't want massive kick outta this just a nice Sunday cruise.
Maybe just the oil at finish?

This is all theory at the moment. Still need to get of my butt and sanitise the barrel and bottles, so got some time before I start.

Will start a thread when I'm organised to start.

Cheers gang.

I have to say, I haven't a clue, but man doesn't that sound like an evil scientist event. The alcohol would essentially dissolve the THC/CBD.....into the mixture....

Very interested to hear of your results, and your recipe, if it should work.....

Looking forward to that journal..... I'm not a drinker, stomach won't let me, but I am interested......

I would think that this would be able to be scaled into most drinks and was thinking Kombutcha would be an awesome non alcoholic beverage. Carbonated would disperse the oild drop relatively evenly and easily but not sure if you would get binding, but would it matter? And could be done in a soda stream sorry brand name, carbonation machine seeing as pressure and carbonisation is taking place could be used as a carrier ?
Crap. More work. Would need to know if the bacteria in the mushroom would react negatively with the cannabis? Or seeing as ferment is taking place would it be a winner?

Will investigate for the non drinkers out there.

My goto recipe is a no bake biscuit with either lemon icing or sweetned condensed milk caramel.
Lol and I don't eat sweets.

INGREDIENTS

• 1/2 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk

• 100g cannabutter

• 200g granita biscuits

• 1 cup desiccated coconut

• 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind, I use lime it's more lemony.
LEMON ICING

• 2 cups pure icing sugar

• 20g cannabutter optional as may not need just use regular first try, softened

• 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
METHOD
  • Step 1
    Grease a 3cm deep, 15.5cm x 25cm (base) slab pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
  • Step 2
    Place condensed milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until smooth and combined. Remove from heat.
  • Step 3
    Using a food processor, process biscuits until fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl. Add coconut and lemon rind. Stir to combine. Add hot butter mixture. Mix well to combine. Press mixture over the base of prepared pan. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until firm.
  • Step 4
    Make lemon icing: Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add butter and lemon juice. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and combined. Spread icing over slice. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until icing has set. Cut into pieces. Serve.
Optional caramelized condensed milk topping.

Place 75g butter and sugar into a non-stick saucepan over a low heat, stirring all the time until the sugar has dissolved. Add the condensed milkand bring to a rapid boil for about a minute, stirring all the time for a thick golden caramel.

Making Caramel in the Microwave is a quick easy way to make a caramel for a dessert tart or a pie, and a different way to make caramel than in the can on the stove……it’s worth a try!
Now – this requires 110% of your concentration – you can’t look away for a second. (Unless you want to clean up a great big mess…. been there – done that!!!)

Pour the condensed milk into the container and cook on high for 1 minute. Take it out and stir with a whisk. Put it back - do the same again - keeping a very close eye on it.... if it looks like its going to boil over - stop the microwave immediately, take out the bowl and whisk. Don't stick your finger in the mixture - it is scalding HOT. Next - on 50% power - keep cooking the mixture for one minute at a time - again keeping an eye that it doesn't boil over. Sometimes you can get caramel in 5 minutes - sometimes 10 - I find the older the tin of condensed milk - the quicker it turns to caramel. You know its ready when it is goes slightly 'yellow' in colour and the mixture looks very 'mottled'. Just take it out and whisk until smooth.

Enjoy making and the easy simple cleanup, unless you blowup your caramel in the microwave.

##########PLEASE always be aware of the extremely HOT but benigin looking caramel!!!!!#################
It will burn like buggery.

Oh glorious plant of wonder,
You hold so much so close,
Let me play in your garden of wonder,
So I may learn and grow.

Back
Top Bottom