Edible recipes & infusion recipes

So I'm sort of in growing limbo, I thought I would make an edible recipe thread, and catalog it with a spreadsheet. I find myself reading and posting on all the fabulous grow tents/rooms. They are really great, but I'm not really adding positive content to the forum. I will still throw in some comments, but I rather work on this thread and help the new people if I can.

Each post in a thread has an HTML anchor so the spreadsheet link will go directly to the specific post. I know spreadsheets can be used on iPhone, iPad, and desktop. I'm not sure about android.

I know many of you have recipes in your blogs (not available when this thread was made), but having in them in one place and quick to find with a reference would be great for people looking for something specific. Each person would be credited with the specific recipe.

Edibles recipes will be generic but we will also need some infusion recipes. Butter, cocoa butter, etc.

I thought we should agree on a basic structure, where the format will be somewhat similar and continuous.

Here is the format I figure on using:

1. The first line should be the end product (brownies, carmel (caramel), cocoa butter, etc)
  2. If you have made this recipe (untested recipes are also handy to have around)
  3. Special equipment needed (double boiler, etc)
  4. Special ingredients that are not normally found in the kitchen (cocoa butter, coconut oil, etc)
  5. Instructions with temps and times
I know there will be discussions in amongst the recipes, and there is no way to prevent that. Hence the reason for the spreadsheet catalog. I'm not sure where that will be stored. It will need to be updated, so that will have to be hashed out at a later time. I'm not going to bother the admins about that while they have so much on their plate. We can address that later.

I'm sure many will participate if they have recipes or not. This will be a fun thing for those not cooking with cannabis. It will be great for the ones that can provide recipes. Also creating recipes will be on the agenda. (sure @SweetSue will get some cob in there somehow :hug:)

Index (from Post # 127 as of 2018-07-07)

Infused Dark Chocolate (easy method without chips)

This is an untested recipe on this date (3/30/18).

1 Cup infused cocoa butter (food grade)
1/2 Cup cocoa powder
1/2 Cup powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)

Double boiler needed. Bar mold needed unless making chocolate bark. If making chocolate bark, use a pan lined with parchment paper.

In a double boiler melt 1 cup of infused cocoa in a double boiler. Add in cocoa powder and incorporate into the cocoa butter. Next, add in powdered sugar and incorporate until a smooth consistency.

When smooth pour into molds, or onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Let cool for an hour or two, and separate from the mold. Bark can be broken into pieces but will vary in dosage.

Ok @newty and @SweetSue I know you have loads of recipes. You can even include modifying box recipes. Tag anyone else that has recipes you know of.

Whoops.....I didn't see the forum, so I put this thread in the wrong place.

Thanks, admins for relocating it....... :thanks:

I'm working on how to deal with the spreadsheet distribution. Got any ideas @DrDoob ?

I'm working on how to deal with the spreadsheet distribution. Got any ideas @DrDoob ?
Be sure and chat with Teddy about linking to a Google doc
Just so he is aware

Remember they don't like the potential of broken threads/links down the road

I'll try and find my gummies recipe.....mmmmmm Gummies

Be sure and chat with Teddy about linking to a Google doc
Just so he is aware

Remember they don't like the potential of broken threads/links down the road

I'll try and find my gummies recipe.....mmmmmm Gummies
Thanks for the tip @Chris Scorpio . I'm trying to do this in a way that reduces chances of dead links. I'm not going to be on earth forever.

I wonder if the list(spreadsheet) could be embedded. I could embed a new list every 2 pages or so (then it's up to date). Then it would be contained here, and not on a thrid site. I'll have to do more research. I've never embedded something like a spreadsheet before, not on this end anyway.

Thanks for the tip @Chris Scorpio . I'm trying to do this in a way that reduces chances of dead links. I'm not going to be on earth forever.

I wonder if the list(spreadsheet) could be embedded. I could embed a new list every 2 pages or so (then it's up to date). Then it would be contained here, and not on a thrid site. I'll have to do more research. I've never embedded something like a spreadsheet before, not on this end anyway.

Print it as a .JPG or .PDF and Upload that

Print it as a .JPG or .PDF and Upload that
That won't give the links to the post. I'm trying to make it automatically linked to the specific anchor tag on the page. That way, there is no scrolling.

I know....what a pain in the rear.....still. I'll try to figure out. If I only know what forum dbase you guys were using. Can't find that anywhere.

That won't give the links to the post. I'm trying to make it automatically linked to the specific anchor tag on the page. That way, there is no scrolling.

I know....what a pain in the rear.....still. I'll try to figure out. If I only know what forum dbase you guys were using. Can't find that anywhere.

Ahhh Gotcha

what may be an Option, is to periodicaly, say weekly or Bi-Monthly have the MODS edit the 1st Post to reflect Link Changes

That shouldnt be an issue

Then you could Quote/Copy that Page as Needed to show all us the New Links and Recipies.

Then no offsite Links Needed

wish we had Blogs Back, that would work also

Nope...that didn't work....

going to need more research......Still a NOPE!!!!

Can't put in HTML, so the formatting goes out the window when previewed.....

Not sure how to deal with this. The admins have enough to deal with already.

Recipe Author Tested/Untested Post #
No chips infused chocolate Bonsaiweed Untested Post# 2

Test

I've decided that every few pages, the new recipes will be added to a pure links menu, and will be posted. This will allow someone else (should I stop using the forum or bad things happen to me) can update the list.

It is the only way I know to link directly to the HTML anchors in the thread. Then no scrolling is needed. The link will take you directly to the post containing the directions/ingredients.

It isn't the way I wanted, but it will suffice without involving the admins for "another task for them to do".

Example:

No chips infused chocolate

Test

Infused Carmel (taken from a thread by @newty The author is @Kismet )

2 -12 oz cans evaporated milk
4 Cup sugar
2 Cup white corn syrup
1 Cup (2 sticks/16 Tbsp) infused butter or infused coconut oil
1 tsp kosher salt

Parchment lined 13in x 9in pan

Melt sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Add Evap. milk a bit at a time stirring/whisking constantly. Using a candy thermometer bring the mixture up to 238 f. Pour in a parchment paper lined 13 by 9 pan to cool.

Link to original recipe

Thanks to @DrDoob ,I now have a way to structure the lists for each category. Not sure how long he worked on this, but I greatly appreciate the research effort. I researched as long as I could stand last night (about 4 hours), and never found the answer.

There will be more categories as I or others add recipes. I'm currently scouring the forum for recipes (when I have the time). Candy, deserts, modified box recipes, will be some of the subcategories under Edibles. Infusions will be a separate main category just for infusing specific ingredients for other recipes.

Figuring it out was the easy part. You’re doing the hard part by filling it out and updating it. :goodjob:

Well I'm not going to be doing much if @newty , @SweetSue and others don't point in some direction where to find all their recipes.... ;)

Love you peeps :hug::hug::hug:

I do know some are in the blogs, and we can't do anything about those yet.......pooo

Back
Top Bottom