Ed's 1st Tent Grow: Wappa Twisted Sisters

In 8 weeks! Good choice! @24%thc!!!
I was just thinking that too @StoneOtter !

I am skeptical about 8 weeks but optimistic and enthusiastic for 10-12.

The idea of a longer light cycle really intrigues me. At 20 hrs vs 16 hrs we have 25% more light hours. In theory 25% faster bud development. I kind of like the combinations of 22/2 and 21/3. For 1, I think the ladies need some rest to flourish optimally. For 2, those # combinations in themselves carry mystical qualities. Yes, I am Ston-Ed.

I can imagine them really flourishing in 21 or 22 hours of equatorial sunshine. If I can achieve close to the yield projections adjusted for the size of my tent and pull off 3 grows a year, I have my needs covered and that's pretty encouraging. I like the CM I've had the pleasure to consume. In fact, my previously mentioned previous attempt 12 years ago was with CM's forerunner BigBud. Every aspect of growing has come a long way baby since then.

I am going to wait for a Sale on the CM Fem Autos - I have a supply of photo period Fems for the next grow, including 1 more Wappa.

Fun fun fun.
:thumb:

Day #75, Flip Day #33

Watering day :cheesygrinsmiley: Winterrose a tad droopy but nothing serious. Winterrose's buds are developing very nicely and starting to smell very berry and/or fruit like. Reminds me a lot of Blueberry, the cannabis not the fruit. In contrast the buds on Wilhelmina, Winona and Wynnifred smell much more like citrus / lemony. Temps rose to 77F in the room and 79F in the tent. I think this is still in their happy zone as all looks good. Backed the space heater down to 70F. Only been clearing out dead bottom growth. I accidently broke one skinny straggler losing a tiny bud in development in the process. Humidity is nice and low to prevent the potential bud rot/mold I read about. At 32% maybe too low so I'm running the humidifier to bring it to 40% in the tent before I go. Other than that, all systems go. Hi ho it's off to conventional work I go.

3 of the larger buds up front and easier to photograph. About 1 week to go mid flower cycle. 4-5 weeks.
12 13 2020 close.JPG

Day # 77, Flip Day # 35

:cheesygrinsmiley: Our guest didn't stay an extra day so I am home with the girls early!! :cheesygrinsmiley: All is well, buds are getting really big and juicy. I had my spreadsheet all laid out for 10 weeks of flowering, 3 weeks each Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching, and then 1 week water. The girls are ripening up so fast, today I've moved up Cha Ching application a week. Looks like my tier 2 trellis was a good idea. It's hard to stop staring into the tent, they're beautiful!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

:ganjamon::cheesygrinsmiley:

:reading420magazine: Planning ahead to Grow #2. I only have 1 Auto on hand (a Bloody Skunk). Although I can't wait to try it, I am going to wait for a sale on Canuk's Critical Mass Auto, or Barney's Purple Punch Auto hopefully by Grow #3. This way I can fill the tent with 4 Autos and adjust the light.

After the twisted Wappa sisters depart the tent, methinks I will endeavor to steward the following:

1 Canuk Blueberry Fem - a TrueNorthSeeds freebee! A little lower THC than I would otherwise prefer, but oh, that taste.
1 Canuk Grandaddy Bruce Fem - from a complimentary 3 pack from TrueNorthSeeds. I like what GDP did to Larry OG in Purple Punch and have high hopes indeed for this one.
1 Canuk Coco Melon Fem - from another complimentary 3 pack from TrueNorthSeeds. A little nervous about keeping this one tethered, supposed to want to grow tall. May experiment with topping this one.
1 Homegrown Cannabis Gelato Fem - leaving 3 from a pack I purchased last spring.

(Bellarose) Blueberry Fem
(Gloriana) Grandaddy Bruce Fem
(Caydence) Coco Melon Fem
(Giulia) Gelato Fem

:reading420magazine: Planning ahead to Grow #2. I only have 1 Auto on hand (a Bloody Skunk). Although I can't wait to try it, I am going to wait for a sale on Canuk's Critical Mass Auto, or Barney's Purple Punch Auto hopefully by Grow #3. After the twisted Wappa sisters depart the tent, methinks I will endeavor to steward the following:

1 Canuk Blueberry Fem - a TrueNorthSeeds freebee! A little lower THC than I would otherwise prefer, but oh, that taste.
1 Canuk Grandaddy Bruce Fem - from a complimentary 3 pack from TrueNorthSeeds. I like what GDP did to Larry OG in Purple Punch and have high hopes indeed for this one.
1 Canuk Coco Melon Fem - from another complimentary 3 pack from TrueNorthSeeds. A little nervous about keeping this one tethered, supposed to want to grow tall. May experiment with topping this one.
1 Homegrown Cannabis Gelato Fem - leaving 3 from a pack I purchased last spring.

(Bellarose) Blueberry Fem
(Gloriana) Grandaddy Bruce Fem
(Caydence) Coco Melon Fem
(Giulia) Gelato Fem
I like the sound of all four of them. If the Blueberry gives you that TASTE, I agree, sacrifice a little less THC for that Blueberry taste.
GDP x with a Bruce Banner....interesting. :thumb:
On your third choice, grab some thin bamboo poles, to go along with your netting . and keep it up front where it's easier to tend to.:)
Gelato. Part of the "cookies family". Enough said. Good stuff. :yahoo:

AzLaker
:cool:

Why Bloody Skunk Auto you ask?
This is why :cheesygrinsmiley: 22 gram purple cola
10-5-p.jpg
Very nice!!

Was that dry or wet?

If it’s dry, you could enter it into nug of the month. Definitely a contender!

if it’s still wet, then I’d suggest plant of the month if you have a picture of the
Full plant as well to go with it! :headbanger:

Day #80, Flip Day #38 (5.428 weeks into flower)

:cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks and Warm Greetings to Venerable Sister and Brother Growers Everywhere :cheesygrinsmiley:

The Wappa sisters all look happy in their bud production. I cycle my fans off for 2 timer ticks per day. That occurred today when I came down to check on them. Opening the tent I noticed a marked increase in the dense aroma of sweet bud, just spectacular. This is welcome, but when I check the weather station I notice humidity is up to 90%. Ambient room humidity is only 31%, and with the fans running again the tent humidity goes back down to 40%. Yesterday was plain watering day for the ladies. They're now taking about 2L every other day (24 hours faster). I will probably switch my fans back to 24x7 so these beautiful buds stay dry.

I am surprised to hear myself say this, but time really flew with the Wappa sisters. I can't believe that in only 2.5-3.5 weeks they're supposed to be all finished. I should be (and am) elated, but also a little sad to see their brief lives end so quickly. It may not work, but I am going to repot and winter them and then put them outside in May to give them all 1 more chance.

Wilhelmina and Winterrose are both a bit further ahead of their sisters. Bigger buds, more tricombs, more yellowing of their foliage.

Backordered sticky fly traps finally arrived. There is no problem but I put 1 in each pot anyway to supplement my homemade duct tape bug traps. I also received the drying net which came with a nice pair of trimming shears. I like this net because it has multiple compartments, I have ample room to keep the girls buds separated for post drying measuring purposes. Will also use 1 compartment to dry the trim.

Had a nice visit yesterday from our cat MooMoo. Thankfully it was at a time the tent was closed. She's a very sweet cat but she is also a killa and an Herbicidal Maniac so I have to keep a close eye out and the door closed when the tent is open.

:ganjamon::cheesygrinsmiley:

Day #81, Flip Day #39

Watering day. :cheesygrinsmiley: Ladies drinking 3L each now every 48 hours :cheesygrinsmiley: Water came out of the tap @6.2. We drink the same water so the girls are as organic and/or lead poisoned as I am :cheesygrinsmiley: Better Together!

I don't yet have the experience but my intuition suggests Wappa is a particularly STANKY variety. Uncertainties regarding the effectiveness of carbon filter stank reduction dispelled. There is no smell from the exhaust fan output duct whatsoever.

There is a small wind gap at the zipper tee at the top of the tent where a beautiful STANK now emanates. I love sticking my nose in there :cheesygrinsmiley:

Growers trying to control odor may wish to consider other varieties, but if you seek aroma Wappa is for you.

Back
Top Bottom