Ed's Auto & Photoperiod Mother Tent V2

Racing ahead of her mates, Amsterdam freebie OG KUSH (bottom center) is topped and will be ready to take the next opening in the flower tent in 15 days. I count at least 8 branches to develop into buds . Jury still out on her 6 clone attempts (far right) - checking their root development in 15 days also.

Shoreline is proving itself to be good for cloning, with two going. I stalled #1 (bottom left) but she's made a comeback and looks to be next behind OG Kush to flower. #2 (bottom right) is so far so good.

I also stalled two Blueberry Muffins (top left) but they too are making a good comeback, hopefully strong enough to produce some clones over the next couple of weeks.

Opium (top right) strain continues to vex me. I am finally seeing growth on the sole clone taken from Mother Opium#1 from May, the one I accidentally killed by breaking her stalk on up potting. But, that clone is outside and so her fate is sealed until late October. After another failed bean, #3 sprouted and is coming along in the tent ... slowly. She's not so slow as to appear 'stalled' but not nearly as fast as her OG KUSH tent mate. She's topped, which I don't think she liked very much, but now seems pretty happy. I am going to be patient with this one and try to establish some clones. I expect her to be here for a while.

Space and light power restrictions drove my current clone set temporarily outside - 5 of 6 Wappa looking good. I will likely only have room for 1 or 2 inside, and will be extremely vigilant to eradicate any pests before they come in. Don't want to go through another pest infestation 😳

Wappa is again proving itself a strain good for cloning.
08 13 2022 Veg Tent.jpg

Racing ahead of her mates, Amsterdam freebie OG KUSH (bottom center) is topped and will be ready to take the next opening in the flower tent in 15 days. I count at least 8 branches to develop into buds . Jury still out on her 6 clone attempts (far right) - checking their root development in 15 days also.

Shoreline is proving itself to be good for cloning, with two going. I stalled #1 (bottom left) but she's made a comeback and looks to be next behind OG Kush to flower. #2 (bottom right) is so far so good.

I also stalled two Blueberry Muffins (top left) but they too are making a good comeback, hopefully strong enough to produce some clones over the next couple of weeks.

Opium (top right) strain continues to vex me. I am finally seeing growth on the sole clone taken from Mother Opium#1 from May, the one I accidentally killed by breaking her stalk on up potting. But, that clone is outside and so her fate is sealed until late October. After another failed bean, #3 sprouted and is coming along in the tent ... slowly. She's not so slow as to appear 'stalled' but not nearly as fast as her OG KUSH tent mate. She's topped, which I don't think she liked very much, but now seems pretty happy. I am going to be patient with this one and try to establish some clones. I expect her to be here for a while.

Space and light power restrictions drove my current clone set temporarily outside - 5 of 6 Wappa looking good. I will likely only have room for 1 or 2 inside, and will be extremely vigilant to eradicate any pests before they come in. Don't want to go through another pest infestation 😳

Wappa is again proving itself a strain good for cloning.
08 13 2022 Veg Tent.jpg
Keep cloning that girl. :thumb:
Garden looks great.
Hope you are well Ed.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Veg tent progress.

Top left & center Blueberry Muffins recovered and starting to pop. Top right Opium looking better too, all three a couple to a few weeks away from a healthy clone-able state I think.
Bottom right Shoreline looks to be about right to take some clone attempts soon.
Bottom Center OG Kush and 5 of her 6 clone attempts far right looking good. This mama is next up for the 12/12 tent next Sunday.
Shoreline clone bottom left also starting to pop again too.

08 21 2022 Veg Tent.jpg

Veg tent progress.

Top left & center Blueberry Muffins recovered and starting to pop. Top right Opium looking better too, all three a couple to a few weeks away from a healthy clone-able state I think.
Bottom right Shoreline looks to be about right to take some clone attempts soon.
Bottom Center OG Kush and 5 of her 6 clone attempts far right looking good. This mama is next up for the 12/12 tent next Sunday.
Shoreline clone bottom left also starting to pop again too.

08 21 2022 Veg Tent.jpg
Good morning Ed :ciao: hope your having a nice weekend.
Garden looks wonderful this morning.
A touch light green though.
Nitrogen or just the light washing out the color a bit?
Keep up the good work Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thanks Bill, I appreciate your keen eye.

I noticed that too and am working to figure it out. I suspect it to be a result of over watering, and/or possibly over fertilizing. Too wet and not enough air? I've been a bad steward in that I haven't watered properly. I've not let them fully dry out, and I've had too many long-ish trips away from home where I fear I overwatered preparing for the days away from home.

To help figure it out, I've elevated them all 1 paint can so the get more air under the container and receive stronger light. I will leave them this way until they fully dry out. Then, I will take them outside to flush them 2x pot volume with fresh water, let them drain, and put them back atop their paint cans again. I also aerated the pots by sticking a chop stick down into it in a few spots to help the roots get air and dry out.

Fingers crossed.

Hope all is well my friend.

Thanks Bill, I appreciate your keen eye.

I noticed that too and am working to figure it out. I suspect it to be a result of over watering, and/or possibly over fertilizing. Too wet and not enough air? I've been a bad steward in that I haven't watered properly. I've not let them fully dry out, and I've had too many long-ish trips away from home where I fear I overwatered preparing for the days away from home.

To help figure it out, I've elevated them all 1 paint can so the get more air under the container and receive stronger light. I will leave them this way until they fully dry out. Then, I will take them outside to flush them 2x pot volume with fresh water, let them drain, and put them back atop their paint cans again. I also aerated the pots by sticking a chop stick down into it in a few spots to help the roots get air and dry out.

Fingers crossed.

Hope all is well my friend.
I'm good thank you.
I often wondered about that.
Poke a few holes and let extra air in.
I devised a technique so I don't have to worry about any of that anymore.
Someone in England dubbed it the Bill284 Method after growing huge girls with it.
I can water soil twice a day sometimes and still get huge healthy girls.
It's in my Heavens Shores thread.
Might be useful with your varied watering times for your next run.
Just a thought.
I'll keep an eye with you see if they green up. :thumb:
Have a good day.

Stay safe

Thanks again Bill

I started looking through that thread for the reference but it's 98 pages long.

Could you share a more direct link please?

Thank you

There are 20 in there. ( Pictorials )
Everything from solo cups to 50 gallon pots.
I can clarify anything you have a question about.

Stay safe

Good morning Ed :ciao: hope your having a nice weekend.
Garden looks wonderful this morning.
A touch light green though.
Nitrogen or just the light washing out the color a bit?
Keep up the good work Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks again Bill.

We're seeing some improvement all around.

The best of the lot is my eldest Shoreline. Her flushing involved 4 gallons plain water followed by 2 gallons *full strength Boomerang formula flush.

The others are improving more slowly. I've positioned top down fans to help them dry out faster and will use full strength Boomerang on them next.

*I reexamined fertilizer instructions and remeasured my watering container and realized I was under fertilizing, somewhere between 10-17% recommended doses 😳 so I think you're right, chronic not enough Nitrogen.

This may help explain my reduced yields over in the other tent. Hopefully two weeks is enough time for the next one up to fully recover before going in to flower. The one after that is 5 weeks out, so hopefully everyone in the tent is fully happy again by then.

It seems to be shaping up that I will have at least a Shoreline and an Opium mother to clone off for a while, jury sill out on Wappa and Blueberry Muffin. OG Kush looks promising as a perennial cloner so far.

Thanks again my friend, be safe and be well.

Thanks again Bill.

We're seeing some improvement all around.

The best of the lot is my eldest Shoreline. Her flushing involved 4 gallons plain water followed by 2 gallons *full strength Boomerang formula flush.

The others are improving more slowly. I've positioned top down fans to help them dry out faster and will use full strength Boomerang on them next.

*I reexamined fertilizer instructions and remeasured my watering container and realized I was under fertilizing, somewhere between 10-17% recommended doses 😳 so I think you're right, chronic not enough Nitrogen.

This may help explain my reduced yields over in the other tent. Hopefully two weeks is enough time for the next one up to fully recover before going in to flower. The one after that is 5 weeks out, so hopefully everyone in the tent is fully happy again by then.

It seems to be shaping up that I will have at least a Shoreline and an Opium mother to clone off for a while, jury sill out on Wappa and Blueberry Muffin. OG Kush looks promising as a perennial cloner so far.

Thanks again my friend, be safe and be well.
Good morning Ed, I'm a little behind lately.
I'm glad you have the nutrients sorted out. :thumb:
It's not too late, they should be fine.
Have a great day. :ciao:

Stay safe

Have now been using Fox Farms Cultivation Nation Grow fertilizer in veg state with good results. Yellowing cleared or clearing up nicely.

An Opium clone finally took so we have the 1st one moved over to the 12/12 tent ... finally!

Trying CLONE-X Rooting Gel and Clone Solution for the first time. Early results look much improved based on 4 Blueberry Muffins and 4 Opiums.

Loving the new 'UFO' advanced spectrum LED. 1 week up, 3 mystery Crap King Autos with true leaves and the afore mentioned clones.

With 18 days left to go, I moved a Shoreline outside to finish. This frees a 12/12 tent spot now supporting an OG Kush, a Shoreline and an Opium.

Have now been using Fox Farms Cultivation Nation Grow fertilizer in veg state with good results. Yellowing cleared or clearing up nicely.

An Opium clone finally took so we have the 1st one moved over to the 12/12 tent ... finally!

Trying CLONE-X Rooting Gel and Clone Solution for the first time. Early results look much improved based on 4 Blueberry Muffins and 4 Opiums.

Loving the new 'UFO' advanced spectrum LED. 1 week up, 3 mystery Crap King Autos with true leaves and the afore mentioned clones.

With 18 days left to go, I moved a Shoreline outside to finish. This frees a 12/12 tent spot now supporting an OG Kush, a Shoreline and an Opium.
Sounds great Ed, hope you are well. :ciao:

Stay safe

Clone tray October 24

2 each OG KUSH, WAPPA, OPIUM, SHORELINE - here on their 3rd day.
Jiffy Peat Pellets, CLONEX SOLUTION, CLONEX ROOTING GEL, Humidifier tray.
This method found to produce most consistent results, sticking with it.

10 24 2022 Clone Tray.jpg
Are they in peat pods or coco cubes?
How are you this morning Ed. :ciao:

Stay safe

Are they in peat pods or coco cubes?
How are you this morning Ed. :ciao:

Stay safe
Peat

Going well Bill. I've over propagated a bit and have been managing the number of ladies slowly down. Was very pleased with the final result of Shoreline, Tangerine Sorbet and Opium and very happy to add them to the rotation. The Blueberry Muffin I obtained in VA is now a couple of weeks away from harvest and looking good, nice and purple. She's a reacher so requires extra attention in the tent. We'll see if the final result warrants adding her to rotation. Also have a Space Cookies to give a shot shortly. As I continue to wind down the overpopulation, will be bringing another Tangerine to Mother and bring back in rotation. I now have 3 light positions, with 2 going 12/12 for a while.
How's the world treating Bill?

Peat

Going well Bill. I've over propagated a bit and have been managing the number of ladies slowly down. Was very pleased with the final result of Shoreline, Tangerine Sorbet and Opium and very happy to add them to the rotation. The Blueberry Muffin I obtained in VA is now a couple of weeks away from harvest and looking good, nice and purple. She's a reacher so requires extra attention in the tent. We'll see if the final result warrants adding her to rotation. Also have a Space Cookies to give a shot shortly. As I continue to wind down the overpopulation, will be bringing another Tangerine to Mother and bring back in rotation. I now have 3 light positions, with 2 going 12/12 for a while.
How's the world treating Bill?
Good thanks Ed, just about finished harvesting the greenhouse.
Was a big panic after I found rot.
Lost about a third of my crop.
But I'm happy.
Stacey got a promotion at work.
She is regional manager for the biggest pot dealer in the province now. :rofl:
So all is good Amigo thanks.
Good luck with the clones and mom's.
Wish I still had my mother's, took 5 years to get those genetics. :rolleyes:
Dam fire.
Take care my friend.

Stay safe

Good thanks Ed, just about finished harvesting the greenhouse.
Was a big panic after I found rot.
Lost about a third of my crop.
But I'm happy.
Stacey got a promotion at work.
She is regional manager for the biggest pot dealer in the province now. :rofl:
So all is good Amigo thanks.
Good luck with the clones and mom's.
Wish I still had my mother's, took 5 years to get those genetics. :rolleyes:
Dam fire.
Take care my friend.

Stay safe
Congrats to Stacey, that's awesome. My wife Jessi is contending with the retirement of her beloved boss, and the temporary loss of her sole colleague to maternity leave. Heavy workload wife stress condition. Relying heavily upon Lao Tzu's 3 greatest treasures - compassion, simplicity, patience.

Thank you again for spotting my under fert issue before I did. Been using Fox Farms Cultivation Nation GROW liquid with very good results. Only complaint is the containers they come in are nearly impossible to use without spillage. Blue dots EVERYWHERE! I've since nicked a disposed DAWN dishwashing container and moved the GROW formula into that for better results.

Congrats to Stacey, that's awesome. My wife Jessi is contending with the retirement of her beloved boss, and the temporary loss of her sole colleague to maternity leave. Heavy workload wife stress condition. Relying heavily upon Lao Tzu's 3 greatest treasures - compassion, simplicity, patience.

Thank you again for spotting my under fert issue before I did. Been using Fox Farms Cultivation Nation GROW liquid with very good results. Only complaint is the containers they come in are nearly impossible to use without spillage. Blue dots EVERYWHERE! I've since nicked a disposed DAWN dishwashing container and moved the GROW formula into that for better results.
I always bought big jugs.
Next time your at the dollar store grab some squeeze bottles or pour spout containers to transfer to.
Makes lif easy.
I love the dollar store just left.
Take care buddy.

Stay safe
Bill284

I've been supplementing CO2 in this tent since restarting in May.

Does it help? It definitely doesn't harm, is easy, and so it continues.

Today I checked it by picking up the bottle, covering the vent hole with my thumb and shaking vigorously. When this fails to produce a spurt of gas as I remove my thumb from the vent hole, it's time to refresh the mix.

I dump out the contents and rinse the bottle well with warm tap water. The CO2 mix is water, sugar and yeast.
10 24 2022 CO2 reset.jpg

Here is the refreshed C02. Into a 750 mL bottle goes approximately 375 mL warm water, 1/8 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon yeast. Optimum bottle volume has been a work in progress. The fuller it is, the longer it lasts. The downside to a full fresh is it produces a yeasty foam emission out of the vent hole for the first day.
😳
10 24 2022 CO2 vent.jpg

Here is the vent detail, I used a hand drill to drill a hole through the cork/wood cap. Prior versions all 'volcanoed' yeast foam on the first day, that's a yucky I'd rather not deal with. So far so good ...
10 24 2022 CO2 in tent.jpg

Here it is placed back in the tent. I'd love to be able to produce a better photo but this tent is experiencing a temporary overpopulation issue (clearly). Because CO2 gas is heavier than room air, I place it as high as I dare. Wrapping it with a bandana keeps the light out so it lasts longer.

Previous versions lasted 6-8 weeks. Because we have about 3/4 previous volume, I anticipate a correlation in shelf life to about 4-6 weeks.

But without yeast scum :cheesygrinsmiley:

Checking it again now, no scum.

Optimum level achieved?

Only Father Time knows, we mortals wait to see.

I've been supplementing CO2 in this tent since restarting in May.

Does it help? It definitely doesn't harm, is easy, and so it continues.

Today I checked it by picking up the bottle, covering the vent hole with my thumb and shaking vigorously. When this fails to produce a spurt of gas as I remove my thumb from the vent hole, it's time to refresh the mix.

I dump out the contents and rinse the bottle well with warm tap water. The CO2 mix is water, sugar and yeast.
10 24 2022 CO2 reset.jpg

Here is the refreshed C02. Into a 750 mL bottle goes approximately 375 mL warm water, 1/8 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon yeast. Optimum bottle volume has been a work in progress. The fuller it is, the longer it lasts. The downside to a full fresh is it produces a yeasty foam emission out of the vent hole for the first day.
😳
10 24 2022 CO2 vent.jpg

Here is the vent detail, I used a hand drill to drill a hole through the cork/wood cap. Prior versions all 'volcanoed' yeast foam on the first day, that's a yucky I'd rather not deal with. So far so good ...
10 24 2022 CO2 in tent.jpg

Here it is placed back in the tent. I'd love to be able to produce a better photo but this tent is experiencing a temporary overpopulation issue (clearly). Because CO2 gas is heavier than room air, I place it as high as I dare. Wrapping it with a bandana keeps the light out so it lasts longer.

Previous versions lasted 6-8 weeks. Because we have about 3/4 previous volume, I anticipate a correlation in shelf life to about 4-6 weeks.

But without yeast scum :cheesygrinsmiley:

Checking it again now, no scum.

Optimum level achieved?

Only Father Time knows, we mortals wait to see.
I miss read that, I thought it said you wrap a banana around it.
Bandana makes more sense. :rofl:
Thanks for the tip my friend.
Do you have a way to monitor it?

Stay safe

Back
Top Bottom