Ed's Mother Wappa & 1st Auto Grow

ed the head

:cheesygrinsmiley: Got the new tent setup ... well, setup enough to get going. I have a 6 inch fan and small humidifier still coming for it to be fully setup but they should both be here before the girls need them.

Setup
Vivosun 2x4 tent
Mars TSL2000 LED
Vivsun filter
(2) 440 cfm 6 inch fans, in and out
(5) 3 gallon fabric pots
Foxfarms Happy Frog and Ocean Forest soil

Started soaking seeds 02/05. Once they sprout, I moisten a paper towel and plate germinate them to about a half inch, then right into the containers under the light (@24 inches).

(1) Feminized Wappa PP I am hoping to make a mother
(1) Bloody Skunk Auto (freebie! I have high hope for this one )
(1) Critical Mass Auto (hoping for the mass part!)
(1) Cheese Auto (freebie!! AND and oldie but goodie!)
(1) Purple Punch Auto (a personal favorite!)

It's a little less than 24 hours now since I dropped the seeds. The only one opening so far is Mama Wappa :cheesygrinsmiley:. Maybe Wappa loves me as much as I love them?

I can't wait to get them all under that Mars. I was surprised how BRIGHT it was when I tested it this morning. I think they'll LOVE it!

Thanks AGAIN @AzLaker :cheesygrinsmiley: good advice!

:cheesygrinsmiley: Greetings Venerable Growers Everywhere.

'Mother Mary' Wappa continued sprouting overnight and looks just about ready to move to the germination plate. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Of the remaining 4 Auto's, only CHEESE has cracked open.

Patience.

:thumb:
morning view.jpg

Morning View
Wappa bud on plywood coaster courtesy of mini split install;
Coffee in cat correcting grammar cup;
4 Autos & a Mama Wappa Spreadsheet

:cheesygrinsmiley: Greetings Venerable Growers Everywhere.

'Mother Mary' Wappa continued sprouting overnight and looks just about ready to move to the germination plate. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Of the remaining 4 Auto's, only CHEESE has cracked open.

Patience.

Sounds like fun Ed. :thumb:

Oops!! Forgot to mention, my plan is to set this light to 21/3 and keep it there.

I toyed with light on 24 hrs per day, but decided both 21 and 3 were luckier numbers.

Here's to hoping this is beneficial inspiration and not just a stupid stoner mistake.

Oops!! Forgot to mention, my plan is to set this light to 21/3 and keep it there.

I toyed with light on 24 hrs per day, but decided both 21 and 3 were luckier numbers.

Here's to hoping this is beneficial inspiration and not just a stupid stoner mistake.
I can't say about the 1/3 setting on the light but I have read 20-4 is popular.
I run 24 hrs in veg its just easier for me.
I'm assuming the mother and the autos are together. :Namaste:

Thanks @Bill284 . I also have on good authority from a Mate overseas to veg at 24.

Admittedly, there is not a lot of science going into my decision.

It may be that I am a true penny pincher and just looking to save a little on electricity and component wear :cheesygrinsmiley:

Happy growing my friend.

Mama Wappa grew a half inch tail and so into the soil she went.

Cheese is sprouted to almost a quarter inch, and Bloody Skunk, Critical Mass and Purple Punch all cracked open overnight. Hopefully ready to put into soil by tomorrow. Now sitting in the germination plate on top of tent2.

It's probably just time and patience, but moving their germination box onto the top of the new mars light tent may have aided too. That tent runs a few degrees warmer.

The rest of the Autos are now in their pots. I would like to have left them on the germination plate until their tales got a bit longer but, I noticed that the plate dries out particularly fast this time of year and a guy has to sleep sometime. Don't worry, it's not that the plate 'dried out', it was just not as moist as I hoped and anticipated. It's not often, but sometimes I actually do sleep 8 hours through.

Anyway, everyone had a little more sproutage ... except for (fav!) Prudence PP ... so fingers crossed.

... BREAKING NEWS .... :nerd-with-glasses:

Having no sign of Purple Punch and Critical Mass I grew concerned and decided to investigate. Like an archeologist, I slowly, gently and ever so carefully remove earth from around the dead center. First I found CM, she had shed her helmet and was struggling for light. Poor little yellow lady, set her straight and cross my fingers. Onto the beloved PP. This one is more elusive. Don't panic ... slowly, carefully, methodically move back the earth. THERE SHE IS!!
WAY DOWN! :oops: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! She also shed her helmet, and her growth is yellow. Short, corkscrew tail. I am concerned. Reset her, make sure their both set and moist. Fingers crossed.

Critical Mass looks good, but the only 'progress' I see from Purple Punch is a little greening so she isn't dead yet. In spite of some gentle encouragement, she hasn't budged opening any more. Last ditch radical surgery attempt shown below.
02 12 2021 PP.jpg

:cheesygrinsmiley: Critical Mass Auto has recovered well and has started producing true leaves.

Purple Punch continues to green up and I see some slow true leaf progress happening. At this rate she'll be 1-2 weeks behind her sisters but I think she is past this initial hurdle.

The day after tomorrow makes 1 week already. Looking at them now, an 8 week harvest for these Autos seems laughably improbable ... impossible even.

I hope to have this skepticism dispelled :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom