Ed's Tent Grow #2: Blueberry, Coco Melon, Grandaddy Bruce, Gelato

1 7 2021.JPG

Introducing Giulia Gelato, Belarose Blueberry and Gloriana Grandaddy Bruce :cheesygrinsmiley:

:oops: well it's good to get a lesson in patience :rolleyes:

Caydence broke soil just as I put the 2nd sprouted Coco Melon seed in the pot. I just may have an extra plant soon.

Similarly, the 2nd Grandaddy Bruce seed sprouted after Gloriana broke soil. She shall be named GEORGIA in honor of venerable citizens valiantly resisting American fascism.

But I digress ...

Georgia is now in the 5th pot in the tent, 1 more than the first grow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I realize less is probably better than more but away we go ...

:cheesygrinsmiley: Greetings venerable growers. A pictorial progress report. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Caydence Coco Melon. She is a dominant Sativa hybrid and will want to grow tall, thus she's in the front where I can get at her more easily.

HOWEVER, she is also a little late sprouting behind her INDICA dominant sisters, AND will need to flower a few extra weeks. :oops: 'Darfor' ... she should be in back. Oh 'woe' is me. ;):cheesygrinsmiley:
Caydence Coco Melon 1 12 21.jpg

:cheesygrinsmiley: Everyone say 'Ciao Bella!' to Giulia Gelato.
Giulia Gelato 1 12 21.jpg

Basking in the center position, Belarose Blueberry. Welcome!! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Belarose Blueberry 1 12 21.jpg

In the 'northwest' corner, Gloriana GDB. :yahoo:
Gloriana GDB 1 12 21.jpg

My 'oops' pot, Georgia GDB ... can you spot her trying to sprout in the middle of the damp spot?
Georgia GDB 1 12 21.jpg

Here is a shot a bit closer and with her tiny head circled. She's rooted, I can feel that. Now it's just a matter of keeping her moist enough to shed that helmet. Georgia is mighty and just and I have faith in her.
Georgia GDB  close 1 12 21.JPG

It's going to be a tight squeeze ladies. I will do my best to foster you.

:cheesygrinsmiley: Well the new girls are coming along. Since we're not yet into spectacular growth or bud development, I am left to muse about the future. I will start (and hopefully finish) installing the mini split unit for my office/grow space today. HVAC is another area that has gotten great with new technology and products, like growing. This thing looks almost idiot proof, :oops: but wish me luck anyway.

I will slide my desk array closer to the door for the mini split install. This opens up a perfect spot for another 2x4 tent. :cheesygrinsmiley: I am looking at the MARS HYDRO TSL 2000W, a VIVOSUN 48"x24"x60" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent, and a VIVOSUN 6 Inch Air Carbon Filter setting me back about US$412. Fortunately, I have 2 extra fans from the initial tent GrowAce.com fiasco so this second array will come in at about half the initial cost.

I am thinking I will setup tent#2 in perennial vegetative light, with 20 or 21 hours of daylight. I would like to use half of the space to grow some of my Autos :yahoo:in waiting. I am really looking forward to trying the aforementioned BLOODY SKUNK! I am thinking a max of 2 more for the remaining half tent. I have CRITICAL MASS and CHEESE on hand with PURPLE PUNCH in route and sure to deliver before it's time to start up. I am thinking sister CHEESE may have to wait until the 2nd Auto / Mother tent grow.

In the second half, I would like to grow a mother to take clones into tent#1 (which will remain photo-period). I am reading that a mother is best taken direct from a REGULAR seed. :cheesygrinsmiley: I have (3) nice 10 packs of REGULAR seeds to pick from, but the one I figure I will try is Blue Raspberry Truffle. Although I have never had the pleasure to sample it, it sounds divine. Anyone out there ever try this one?

1 20 2021.jpg

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Gloriana, Belarose and Giulia all show no signs of stress from yesterdays topping. Caydence is almost ready for her topping and looks to be another day or two for her. Georgia is well behind, maybe a week?

Looking back at my Grow#1 spreadsheet, I may expect abundant vegetative growth in the next 2 weeks :cheesygrinsmiley: . I am expecting it to be a bit slower than last time on account of the greater stress of topping vs. LST. Time will tell. Hopefully we will have much more interesting pictures in these coming weeks :cheesygrinsmiley:.

Grow 2 is benefitting greatly from the modest purchase of a tiny watering container. It's tiny spout makes it easy to apply the water in a perfect ring around the little beauty. It makes it easy not to over water too. Their so cute at this water sipping stage, no?

I saw a couple of flies again. It's true, those little fuckers show up ANY time there is ANY standing water ANY where nearby. Vigilantly attend to any standing water!!

This coming Sunday, my Wappa Crop will have been curing 2 weeks after drying 1 week. It's coming along nicely, but a ways off yet, I think. Patience.

I hope I can finish the mini split install today. There is a big learning curve for me the first time I do something. Unclear documentation from the overseas manufacturer doesn't help. There are enough videos of units with enough similarities out there that I think I've figured it out now.

Day #19 - :cheesygrinsmiley: tied down the girls following their toppings. Looking good. Gloriana Grandaddy Bruce is leading the pack, followed by Giulia Gelato, then Belarose Blueberry and finally Caydence Coco Melon.

1 24 2021.jpg

Here is wee Georgia Grandaddy Bruce a week or so behind her sisters.
1 24 2021 Georgia.jpg

:ganjamon:
:thumb:

I’ve been in your shadow following your grow without posting. Guess I’m tagging along now . I put 5 seeds directly into 7 gallon pots on December 24. This is where I am today . I don’t think i will ever go directly into 7gallon out the gate any longer . Repotting seems to be a must and good for the root system . I allowed my room to drop to 60 degrees two nights ago and almost killed the top left. Looked like it anyhow . All five have been topped and now I’m surfing the forum looking for a training method because mine are about to take off . I believe I’m gonna try tomato cages
D36C325E-956F-46CA-A77B-B70D5D20A670.jpeg

Day #21
01262021 clips.jpg

More manicuring for the girls this morning. Things looks good (I think ...), the only one surprising me so far is Belarose Blueberry.
01262021 Bela top.jpg

I was expected two new lobes at the trim point making 4 lobes like everyone else. Not happening. I guess I am going to let both lobes grow just a bit and top them both again. Meanwhile, here is Belarose's progress shot inside the tent.
01262021 Bela.jpg

This is Gloriana GDB after topping two side lobes. The topping created four lobes up top as hoped for.
01262021 Gloriana.jpg

A close up and a top shot of Caydence CoCo Melon, seemed to start developing her 4 top lobes late but finally coming.
01262021 Caydence Top Close.jpg
01262021 Caydence.jpg

Next up Giulia Gelato - reacting to topping as expected. Topped two side lobes on Giulia this morning too.
01262021 Giulia.jpg

Lagging behind a week or more, Georgia GDB ... a few more days until any toppings for this little beauty.
01262021 Georgia.jpg

:cheesygrinsmiley:
:ganjamon:
:thumb:

Day #23

Good morning Venerable Growers.

Georgia GDB finally got her topping and seems to be doing well. This morning I added two tie downs to open up her center a bit. Caydence CoCo Melon's topping seems to have now recovered to vigorous green growth, but a bit too early for performing any more 'spreading' operations. Belarose Blueberry's has good, vigorous green growth on her two cola lobes but she is very tight still. I applied 4 gentle tie downs to open up her middle a bit. Giulia Gelato is doing very well up top and spreading well. I've gently tied down two, topped side lobes in an effort to encourage spread while they are still short. Leading the pack is Gloriana GDB. She has the most vigorous growth up top and has been spreading nicely. She too had too topped side lobes gently tied down to encourage more low spread. We are now coming into weeks 4-5 of veg growth. I hope careful attention in this period enables the girls to fill in more of the canopy this time around. :cheesygrinsmiley:
01 28 2021.jpg

Top Left: Gloriana GDB, Top Center: Caydence Coco Melon, Top Right: Giulia Gelato
Bottom Left: Belarose Blueberry, Bottom Right: Georgia GDB

I've been moving them around and/or spinning them around to try and keep growth even all around.

Day #25

Light pots all around, thirsty girls! Actually today was their first 'flood' watering as before now they're a little too wee for the trauma. 3 gallons across the 5 pots equates to roughly 2.5L each. As we're in Veg state, and I want to use up my existing Veg nutes, they got doses of Dr. Earth liquid gold dissolved in their water. The Wappas in the last grow liked it so I am sticking with it at least until I run out. Got everyone to shed just a little water into their trays.

Been moving around and rotating the girls in an attempt at establishing even growth. A little lazy for a natural light shot, but you can trust me there are no odd colorations to worry about at this point. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Top Left: Gloriana GDB; Top Center: Caydence CoCo Melon; Top Left: Giuilia Gelato
Bottom Left: Georgia GDB; Bottom Right: Belarose Blueberry

01 30 2021.jpg

Day #26

We have a guest staying for 4 days, so I will be either away, or in and out as needed. A snow accumulation of a foot is expected. Having just been watered yesterday, I think they'll be fine for the 4 days.

I've adjusted the light back up to it's max recommended height of 30 inches above the plants. I've also pushed the girls out more to the corners, anticipating they will reach inward over the next week. Trellis is in place and ready about 12-18 inches above the ladies. Hoping to fill in more of the canopy this way.

Had some interesting advice from a Mate from ACD I thought I might share. Interesting concepts:

"what i find that works for me is as follows... i germinate seeds or root cuttings and quickly have them under a CFL 130w lamp 24hrs a day to develop. when the plant gets to the 7th node i move them out of the small light box and into the tent to their final positions and at this point they are now under the main lights and are straight away on 12/12. There is no veg stage as it promotes pointless undergrowth which leads to small immature buds and the plant grows for the next two to three weeks before the buds develop anyway. the plants are leaner and can access more light which means bigger buds. i remove all the smaller limbs towards the bottom of the plants which then concentrates the growth hormones in the main upper limbs meaning fatter buds again. when it comes to harvest time each plant has very long fat 'donkey dick buds' at 1metre (4½ feet) or more and as thick as a wine bottle. these are so easy to trim as there is no masses of tiny buds just big thick monsters. the process seems counter intuitive but the way i see it is if the plant will, for the sake of example, will produce 8oz of bud then it seems to produce 8oz of tiny buds which take for ever to trim or 3-4 donkey dicks totalling 8oz that take about an hour to trim max. the thinning of the limbs also helps with air circulation and reduces pests and moulds quite dramatically. maybe this of some help to you."

01 31 2021.jpg

Back
Top Bottom