Ed's Tent Grow #2: Blueberry, Coco Melon, Grandaddy Bruce, Gelato

ed the head

:cheesygrinsmiley: With 2-3 weeks left in Grow #1, I am planning ahead to Grow #2.

I am keenly interested to try a batch of Autos but I only have 1 on hand (a Bloody Skunk). Although I can't wait to try it, I am going to wait for a sale on Canuk's Critical Mass Auto and Barney's Purple Punch Auto for Grow #3. This way I can fill the tent with 4 Autos and adjust the light.

My setup is a 2x4 tent kit with a 440w LED and a pair of 6 inch 440 CFM fans with a carbon filter. I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil in 5 gallon fabric grow bags.

1 Canuk Blueberry Fem - a TrueNorthSeeds freebee! A little lower THC than I would otherwise prefer, but oh, that taste.
1 Canuk Grandaddy Bruce Fem - from a complimentary 3 pack from TrueNorthSeeds. I like what GDP did to Larry OG in Purple Punch and have high hopes indeed for this one.
1 Canuk Coco Melon Fem - from another complimentary 3 pack from TrueNorthSeeds. A little nervous about keeping this one tethered, supposed to want to grow tall. I plan to experiment with topping this one.
1 Homegrown Cannabis Gelato Fem - leaving 3 from a pack I purchased last spring.

Below are their selected names and links to their individual properties :cheesygrinsmiley:

(Bellarose) Blueberry Fem
(Gloriana) Grandaddy Bruce Fem
(Caydence) Coco Melon Fem
(Giulia) Gelato Fem

Setting up now for germination in a couple of weeks.
Next2.JPG

It's about a week now to go before the tent is free so later tonight I will drop the seeds to soak :cheesygrinsmiley:

If the last batch was any indicator, we'll need about 2 days in the soak followed by 4-5 on the plate before they're ready for soil.

I plan on reusing my fabric bags for one more use. Not sure if that is ill advised or not and I welcome the feedback. Actually, I still have one new bag from the kit. I plan on using this and 3 used and cleaned ones for this grow. This should give me some means to measure if there is a negative affect.

On the first grow I mistakenly had the light on 24/7 for two days before I realized the timer wasn't engaged :cheesygrinsmiley: It did no harm and they sprouted so fast I think I am going to repeat this for their first two days under light.

Hoping for pistils by Feb 8th and harvest for Giulia, Gloriana and Bellarose around April 4th :cheesygrinsmiley: Caydence about April 18th
:cheesygrinsmiley:

It's about a week now to go before the tent is free so later tonight I will drop the seeds to soak :cheesygrinsmiley:

If the last batch was any indicator, we'll need about 2 days in the soak followed by 4-5 on the plate before they're ready for soil.

I plan on reusing my fabric bags for one more use. Not sure if that is ill advised or not and I welcome the feedback. Actually, I still have one new bag from the kit. I plan on using this and 3 used and cleaned ones for this grow. This should give me some means to measure if there is a negative affect.

On the first grow I mistakenly had the light on 24/7 for two days before I realized the timer wasn't engaged :cheesygrinsmiley: It did no harm and they sprouted so fast I think I am going to repeat this for their first two days under light.

Hoping for pistils by Feb 8th and harvest for Giulia, Gloriana and Bellarose around April 4th :cheesygrinsmiley: Caydence about April 18th
:cheesygrinsmiley:
24/7 day light is fine for your babies. I love your confidence.
I hope everything goes as well as you predict. Can’t wait to see.
Happy growing.

:cheesygrinsmiley: I shudder at 'prediction', can we agree on 'plan' instead? It's like there is a spectrum with WISH on one end and PREDICTION on the other, PLAN being somewhere in the middle? :cheesygrinsmiley:
Sounds great.

Hi Ed,:ciao: always good when the girls behave (even before birth) haha. I'm interested so ,if you don't mind, I'll pull up a chair, load a vape of Gelato and hang :passitleft: . I grew some nice Gelato outdoors this summer. Oh yeah.
I have a few beans soaking and I hope they are good. I crossed Afghani and Purple Punch and I'm going to see if it was successful. The PP was an auto, Afghani was a photo. We'll see i guess. I hope you and yours are having a happy holiday season. Smile and stay stoneder. :yummy:

Thank you @Fredwak , you are most welcome.

Purple Punch is probably my favorite of any cannabis I've had the pleasure to sample. To my untrained perception, it is identical to a strain I encountered in Amsterdam called Shoreline. Already planning NEXT grow, hope to get ahold of Barney's Purple Punch Auto Fem.

Purple Punch is probably my favorite of any cannabis I've had the pleasure to sample. To my untrained perception, it is identical to a strain I encountered in Amsterdam called Shoreline. Already planning NEXT grow, hope to get ahold of Barney's Purple Punch Auto Fem.
It was my first indoor coco grow!
20200512_165620.jpg

I would love to go over and meet my relatives in Holland and Ireland. And of course take a smokin tour of Amsterdam haha.

:cheesygrinsmiley: Sprouting in their soak cups this morning, Gloriana Grandaddy Bruce and Caydence Coco Melon! :goof:

Tip o the hat again to Canuk seeds and TrueNorth.

Come on Giulia Gelato, you can do it!! Homegrown Cannabis, myself and a growing number of growers watching have faith in you!

:rolleyes: Giulia is beginning to worry me. Non sta germogliando! :rolleyes:

Being a Gelato, she is naturally Italian in my eyes. :cheesygrinsmiley: I am dropping another Gelato bean for insurance. These were replacement seeds anyway. Replaced for non germination. Does anyone else see a pattern developing here? Maybe too early to call.

Pictured below girls bathing in their soaks. Lady Giulia #2 now just floating and Lazy Giulia #1 at the bottom still thinking about it.
12 31 2020.JPG

:cheesygrinsmiley: wee lasses sprouted, plated, and waiting for tent, soil, and sun. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Giulia #1 is going after all, but now Giulia #2 lagging. I watched an interesting TV program on trains of the world last night that brought some solace. This program was about the two high speed (300 km/hr) rail lines in Italy, and it reminded me that Italians are notorious for running late. How could I forget this having served in the employ of an Italian Corporation for 5 years, and after my Rome native manager reminded me that ALITALIA was an acronym for Always Late In Takeoff And Late In Arrival. There is a beautiful silver lining in that Italians are also notorious for being fast, fashionable and flashy. You go girl(s).

Cover below pulled back on Belarose Blueberry.

1 2 2021 plate.JPG

After a rather grueling harvest session with the Wappa Sisters, everyone in Grow#2 is potted and under the light. Nice long tails on everyone but Caydence. She sprouted but didn't progress and looked a little yellow today. :rolleyes: Still hoping for 4 girls to tend to so I dropped another Coco Melon bean in Caydence's pot and crossed my fingers.

I woke up to find Belarose Blueberry had popped her shell, but a little membrane was left behind inhibiting her from opening up. I misted her with water and carefully picked away the membrane.

Giulia Gelato is up without assistance. :cheesygrinsmiley:

No progress in Gloriana Grandaddy Bruce's pot and this surprises me because she had such a nice tail going in. I am still hopeful for her, but I dropped another GDB bean to soak just in case. Worst case scenario may be another pot and an overcrowded tent.

:rolleyes:Also no progress on Caydence Coco Melon :rolleyes: ... therefore also soaking another insurance/overcrowding bean :rolleyes:

:cheesygrinsmiley: I am waiting for first true (tiny!!) leaves to appear on Belarose and Giiula for their 1st photos ...

:cheesygrinsmiley:hopefully a little later today! :cheesygrinsmiley:

:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom