Eeeewwwww! Fungus gnats

Gummy Bear

How big of a deal are these pests?

I see them flying on the surface of the soil, plus on the leaves. I presume they are also leaving larve in the soil to eat my roots.

Can I use a fungicide on them that says it's safe for fruits and vegetables up to the day of harvest?

I am also thinking that fly paper may help with the adults.

Not able to get any professional products. I have to get whatever they sell at the local Wally Worlds or possiblly Home Depot/Ace hardware.

Any homemade remedies from things one may have around the house?

Mosquito dunks work well to kill larvae. They are sold in home depot and other stores but it might be a seasonal product. You just add a dunk to your water can and water the plants. The adults die off because of there short life spands.
Since this worked for me I have had no need to try any other remodies.

I REALLY need help!

Okay, tried the mosquito dunks. Two whole dunks to a 2.5 gallon watering can and it did knock the population down a bit, but there are fungas gnats EVERYWHERE! Who knew they could reproduce so fast. I need another solution. I have been using the mosquito dunk treated water for about one dull month, but these little buggers are multiplying like...welll...like fungas gnats.

Any ideas?

I need something that is safe for plants in all veg as well as flowering.

I am about 2 seconds from spraying them with raid (yuck), but who wants that stuff in their lungs? Not I.

I really need help here. Any suggestions are appreciated. I only have access to Lowes and Walmart. Perhaps an ace hardware, but nothing more. No hydro shops or gardening centers.

What would you do? Chop em all and start over?

Has anybody got a handle on the white spot that shows up on leaves? this is the first year I ve seen it. is it new? or have I just missed it

Back
Top Bottom