Effects from just the smell

Dan Moore

I noticed my Silver Lime Haze Auto had some bud mould yesterday.
This is a 1:1 CBD:THC plant and I cut off the mould.
The plant is outside and I'm in the North of England and it's been pretty wet.

We're due rain all day, so I decided to bring the plant inside.
It's been in my living room for an hour, to dry off before going into the tent and I'm noticing that I'm feeling pretty relaxed.

Is this possible or is it some placebo effect?

It was getting pretty stinky and I was worried about my neighbours smelling it outside, so I had been thinking about bringing it inside anyway.

I only use a Catatonic olive oil capsule every night to help with sleep and muscle spasms, so I don't think my tolerance is that high.

It's been in my living room for an hour, to dry off before going into the tent and I'm noticing that I'm feeling pretty relaxed.

It was getting pretty stinky and I was worried about my neighbours smelling it outside, so I had been thinking about bringing it inside anyway.

pretty sure it's just placebo. i went dry for months once while travelling. i was jonesing so bad i dreamt i got stoned one night. it seemed to feel exactly the same. i was so mad when i woke up lol .. :laughtwo:

I only use a Catatonic olive oil capsule every night to help with sleep and muscle spasms, so I don't think my tolerance is that high.

canna caps are great for all sort of things. i do a coconut oil infusion.

make sure to check that plant careful.

Probably placebo but I’ve heard people say they got high while trimming so I suppose it’s possible.

i get high while trimming. it's the only way i can take it .... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Never got high from smelling buds but I did get High AF when the blueberry I was trimming smelt so good I had to put a dip of the blueberry scissor hash in mouth
:passitleft:

Never got high from smelling buds but I did get High AF when the blueberry I was trimming smelt so good I had to put a dip of the blueberry scissor hash in mouth

i almost always do a scissor hash session while trimming

I try to say nope im not going to do it and I fight myself not to but that gooey sticky of goodness keeps building more and more then I give in every time to that sticky icky canna candy

You’re flowering already?

You’re flowering already?
It's an auto that I started inside and once it got going, I kicked it outside to see how it would do.
I'm surprised how well it's done.

I never felt stoned, just more relaxed than normal.
Wondering if it was some aromatherapy thing as I've used marjoram or lavender on my pillow before and I notice a slight difference in my sleep quality.

The obvious experiment is to put it in my bedroom overnight and not take a capsule.
I'll report back when I've done this.

Does the placebo effect work when you are unconscious?

I’m pretty sure my eyes have crossed because of some real funky stuff. Tell your neighbor to mind their business. Or, if you know he’s pretty cool, you just tell him you will give him a nugget when your done.

I don’t think you got high, I just think you were very relaxed and the aroma of good bud can do that to you. I have a few family members that do not smoke and work stresses them out very badly, so what I did was give them a small jar of buds, like half a gram... I told them when they start feeling overwhelmed, take 30 seconds, stop thinking about work, close your eyes, and just smell it.. they looked at me like I was stupid. Lol I told them just try it once, what can it hurt? ... They all came back saying that it does help their stress, and thanked me. I then turned them onto
CBD tinctures, now stress is no longer a factor at all. I figure it’s no different then an essential oil like lavender, tea tree, lemon.. there all supposed to have relaxing effects just from the fragrance in the air, so if those work I figured weed would too. None of them are getting high, they are just relaxing themselves and relieving stress through the form of a fragrance.

I don't think you got high, at lest not from cannabinoids. However, you will be absorbing terpenes through your nasal passages. I think it would be possible to feel any effects those might have.
For example, myrcene. IIRC, that one has actual scientific evidence for sedative effects. There's also the possibility that the associations in your mind between the scents and the more relaxed state of mind caused by the cannabis are causing this.
In the end though, I would view it as a good thing.

I can tell you now that when someone farts or turds their shorts, it is particles of fecal matter you are smelling.

Same with weed...

I am North Blighty too..losts of fecal matter up here...

I went to bed with the plant a couple of feet away from me and never took an oil infused capsule.
That's a good few years since I have went to bed with nothing and I started the capsules last year to get off lorazepam.
I normally drop off very quickly but I was still awake after 2 hours, though I felt pretty relaxed.

I thought that I took half a lorazepam after this and went to sleep but I might have dreamed that as the pills were still on my bedside table.

On waking up I felt pretty woozy and I had a shite nights sleep.

So, I'm thinking there is a relaxing effect but it's not strong.

I might try the same experiment but take a capsule to see if my sleep is improved.

I took a Cannatonic capsule and put the plant in my room overnight.
I had a better sleep than before and was more relaxed in the morning.

My wife is now complaining that the house now totally stinks, so I don't think I'll be doing it all the time...
better sleep but headache next day :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom