Effort To Legalize Marijuana In U.S. Stopped By Democrats And Republicans

Truth Seeker

Agreeing with President Obama's stance on the issue, the U.S. House of Representatives recently defeated an amendment that could have finally ended the federal assault on medical marijuana. They have voted to keep suffering patients away from their medicine.

South Florida Republican Congressman, Allen West, Democratic Congressman Ted Detuch and neighboring Demcoratic Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz voted against its legalization choosing to continue the draconian War on Drugs sending thousands of poor Americans to jail without reasonable defensive council.

I recently sent this letter off to Allen West, my Congressman, in an effort to show him why his vote was the wrong vote for America.

Dear Congressman Allen West,

I'm writing to express my disappointment that you voted against the Rohrabacher-Hinchey-McClintock-Farr medical marijuana amendment to H.R. 5326, the Commerce, Justice, and Science appropriations bill. Your vote against this sensible amendment was a vote to waste tax dollars and undermine the ability of states to set their own public health and safety policies without undue federal interference.

Sixteen states and the District of Columbia currently oversee regulated, controlled medical marijuana programs, with Connecticut on the verge of becoming the 17th state. However, in the last 18 months, the DEA has escalated its assault on these programs, raiding and shutting down many compliant, licensed and regulated dispensaries. These raids have had a chilling effect on the implementation of medical marijuana programs throughout the country, causing delays that have negatively impacted patients' ability to access the medicine they need -- forcing the critically ill into the black market. The Rohrabacher-Hinchey-McClintock-Farr Amendment would have put an end to this obstruction, barring the use of federal funds to interfere where states have chosen to regulate medical marijuana.

I'm disappointed that you voted against states' rights and fiscal responsibility.

46602e7c54ed5fb8516b4045398452a8.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: examiner.com
Author: Karl Dickey
Contact: About Examiner.com Passionate, local writers | Examiner.com
Website: Effort to legalize marijuana in U.S. stopped by Democrats and Republicans - West Palm Beach Libertarian | Examiner.com

Back
Top Bottom