Eggs Does ErdPurt

eggsman

Hey gang, Thanks for looking at this, I am doing this journal because this is my first grow ever and I need all the help I can get. I already have a question but first this is what I got. I am using the free seeds Ace sent in case i screw this up.

Erdpurt (Erdbeer X Purpuera Ticinensis) 100% Indica THC .5 - 8% CBD 6 - 12%
1500W LED ( 5 - 300W Full Spectrum COBS )
Environment a work in progress, averaging 70 - 75 F and 40 - 50%
Room 4.5' X 4.5'
Doc Buds High Brix Blend and Kit

My question, is it time to top it, sprouted 6 weeks ago, 7 nodes?

Looking good Eggs. You are good to go ahead and top if you want to. You want at least 2 nodes with 5 fingered leaves before topping.

What about feeding/watering? How long in between waterings are you going now? Your plants are now ready for feeding and brix spray if you haven't done that yet.
Thanks neiko, I'll remember that. I have dunked twice, once with TP and once with EG its about 10 days before dry. They got a brix spray yesterday.

Hey gang, Thanks for looking at this, I am doing this journal because this is my first grow ever and I need all the help I can get. I already have a question but first this is what I got. I am using the free seeds Ace sent in case i screw this up.

Erdpurt (Erdbeer X Purpuera Ticinensis) 100% Indica THC .5 - 8% CBD 6 - 12%
1500W LED ( 5 - 300W Full Spectrum COBS )
Environment a work in progress, averaging 70 - 75 F and 40 - 50%
Room 4.5' X 4.5'
Doc Buds High Brix Blend and Kit

My question, is it time to top it, sprouted 6 weeks ago, 7 nodes?

I didn't read the responses, so I'm not sure what others have said......

First of all, they look super healthy. They're more stretchy than I'd like, so try to get more light if possible, probably due to lower temps that optimal. But the plants and leaves look great.

I would not top them just yet. Instead bend the stem "supercrop" style to one side. This will encourage some lateral branching to speed up. Make sure you bend it enough to get the current top lower than the second node....preferably even lower than the third node, but the second will do it.

You'll encourage some branching and then in a week or so, you'll know where to top it.

Keep the drenches on the strong side, not the weak side. Looking great and welcome to High Brix Gardening!

I didn't read the responses, so I'm not sure what others have said......

First of all, they look super healthy. They're more stretchy than I'd like, so try to get more light if possible, probably due to lower temps that optimal. But the plants and leaves look great.

I would not top them just yet. Instead bend the stem "supercrop" style to one side. This will encourage some lateral branching to speed up. Make sure you bend it enough to get the current top lower than the second node....preferably even lower than the third node, but the second will do it.

You'll encourage some branching and then in a week or so, you'll know where to top it.

Keep the drenches on the strong side, not the weak side. Looking great and welcome to High Brix Gardening!

Thanks Doc and welcome, I need to get better control of my environment.

I did not wait long enough for everyone to reply, I already topped them, lesson learned. I need to learn more about the supercrop method, I think Neiko talked about it the day he got me started but my brain was in overload and it went over my head. It would have been interesting though because the description in the seed catalog describes Erdpurt as being mainly columnar with all most no branching.

I will keep the drenches on the strong side and I will try to slow my roll and enjoy the grow. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom