El Doctor - 3 Strains - 600W HID - Closet - First Grow

El Doctor

Hi everyone im doing this journal to keep track of things and to get any help I can get this is my first time growing, I tried first with a clone for a couple of days with no success but at least learned a bit from it so here is what I have right now.

What strain is it? DELICIOUS CRITICAL SUPER SILVER HAZE, Purple Maroc , SLEESTACK SKUNK

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Started from seed

Veg... For how long and Flower stage... For how long? Its been 8 days since I planted them

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Soil.

If soil... what is in your mix? ?????

If soil... What size pot? ?????

Any Pests ? None yet

How often are you watering? Have not watered yet only misted top soil once so far

Type and strength of ferts used? None yet
Lighting? Right now they on 2 cfl and 1 grow light from Wal mart but I have my 600w hid for as soon as they can handle it.

I planted the DELICIOUS CRITICAL SUPER SILVER HAZE seed first in soil 3 days later it was above ground, the same day I planted it I put 2 SLEESTACK SKUNK seeds on water and 2 days later planted them in soil and those poped up on the fourth day and last was the Purple Maroc seed that I planted in soil last and spouted 3 days later same as CSSH. To my experience best ways is directly in soil less messing around and fastest as well to me. I had them inside my oven where it had a perfect temp and no light because its a bit cold where I am right now.

Today is the 8th day since I first planted the CSSH and this is how they all are

IMG_20141007_200535_zps2b03f231.jpg

IMG_20141007_200413_zps7803a9cf.jpg

IMG_20141007_200401_zps2fe18a60.jpg

IMG_20141007_200603_zpsc8094d0f.jpg

IMG_20141007_200549_zps15e65db8.jpg

IMG_20141007_200449_zps14764a28.jpg

IMG_20141007_200442_zpsc7b38844.jpg

Days are counted from moment that they where planted

CSSH day 9

IMG_0055_zps21b4bea0.jpg

IMG_0054_zpsf9e9aced.jpg

SLEESTACK SKUNK day 9

IMG_0053_zps8c00ca0e.jpg

IMG_0051_zps128e8c4d.jpg

Purple Maroc day 6

IMG_0060_zps84f88e5e.jpg

IMG_0061_zps085ccad9.jpg

Im trying to get the most yield I can since the lenth of my closet is long, how many plants do you guys recomend ? its 36 inches in weight and 90 inches in lenght right now im thinking 4 plants but would like more if its ok

plants seem to take the HID ok so I lowered it a bit more also gave them 1/4 strength nuts yesterday and they also look like they took them well.

IMG_0123_zps6da56b06.jpg

IMG_0122_zps0705492e.jpg

IMG_0118_zpsd96104f1.jpg

IMG_0120_zps65eea258.jpg

Hello :)

The cupboard looks like a really nice grow space and while width and length might be capacious; you will be limited on the Y axis, that is to say, you can't let them get too tall.

I'm by no means an experienced grower but in a space such as that I'd place between six and ten plants close together but I'd be flipping to flower when they were about 6 inches tall.

I got the critical super silver haze free with my last order from Herbies; same label too so i guess they were trying to get rid of them. I also got the sleestack skunk but those are regular seeds so I haven't bothered planting them in case they're boys, i want to avoid boys lol

I'm also growing under a 600w HID (I'm using a HPS; i imagine yours is a metal halide? I'm guessing from the colour of the light output) though I'm also using an LED (which I'm still not enamoured by). Come by and check my grow out sometime if you like.

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer if i can, though i must say i grow in coir, so anything soil related will be beyond the scope of what i know. sorry :)

nice journal Doctor, i wish you the best of luck

regarding what youre saying about getting maximum yield, have you considered a SCROG? I have a 7 day seedling too, i haven't decided yet but i think i will be going for a SCROG, let me know what your plans are we can help each other :goodjob:

Thanks Profersor, I also am thinking about going with scrog or maybe LST but not sure yet witch one ill pick, I would like to get anywhere from 10oz to a pound out of each plant but I know for this being my first time its prob not realistic hopefully I get a pound at least out of everything. I got 9 more seeds and also have 4 more clones but I havent been have any luck with those. If you need any help as well im also here to help with what lil I know :)

Hello :)

The cupboard looks like a really nice grow space and while width and length might be capacious; you will be limited on the Y axis, that is to say, you can't let them get too tall.

I'm by no means an experienced grower but in a space such as that I'd place between six and ten plants close together but I'd be flipping to flower when they were about 6 inches tall.

I got the critical super silver haze free with my last order from Herbies; same label too so i guess they were trying to get rid of them. I also got the sleestack skunk but those are regular seeds so I haven't bothered planting them in case they're boys, i want to avoid boys lol

I'm also growing under a 600w HID (I'm using a HPS; i imagine yours is a metal halide? I'm guessing from the colour of the light output) though I'm also using an LED (which I'm still not enamoured by). Come by and check my grow out sometime if you like.

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer if i can, though i must say i grow in coir, so anything soil related will be beyond the scope of what i know. sorry :)

Thanks for your input, height I think wont be as bad I plan on doing some type of training so it wont be much of an issue hopefully, the freebies I guess they just do it for promotional but I saw on the website they selling them as well so I dont think they just trying to get rid of them but who knows, I kinda hope I get a male to save some pollen, im preatty sure is HPS but I have to verify its the apollo grow light brand ...any help is welcome.

10oz to 1lb per plant is a little on the optimistic side, especially with the vertical constraints in play here.

Working in your favour is your light source and your horizontal plane; with a decent training method, such as a scrog, you can make the most out of your lendth and width.
Also in your favour is the number of plants.
Your inexperience will work against you, however.
My first grow got me a paltry yield with 4 plants, a poor amount of CFL lighting, a poorly implemented training method and my inexperience. I'm now on my second grow with more plants, better lights, a little experience but no clear direction on my training method, though I'm considering super cropping. I am trying to avoid a scrog as i need access to my pots.

So, based on 8 plants, I'd estimate that you can pull between 8 ounces and 1.2lbs for the whole grow, though a scrog might help you get more, especially if you have plenty of time to spend in veg.

just my two cents. :)

update I lowered the lights even more and no signs of nute burn so all seems well? only bad thing was the my lights didnt turn on on time due to me changing the timer settings by mistake but I corrected it hopefully nothing bad comes out of that...I usually check the plants before and after work so I can usually notice anything because its usually a 12 hour time frame and that helps me not mess with them as much ...

IMG_20141011_001620_zpsvnhtctty.jpg

IMG_20141011_001555_zpsnrmpizht.jpg

IMG_20141011_001544_zpstfw2pree.jpg

wouldn't worry about it, such mistakes are forgiven in veg mode; it would take a few consecutive cycles of 12/12 to make them flower. such an event in flowering, however, can cause them to hermie, which you don't want.

Also, you mentioned about male plants and pollen; instead of that, maybe later on in the future you might want to consider making your own female seeds using the colloidal silver method, which I'm currently doing. This allows you to make seeds without boys. which is just ace.

10oz to 1lb per plant is a little on the optimistic side, especially with the vertical constraints in play here.

Working in your favour is your light source and your horizontal plane; with a decent training method, such as a scrog, you can make the most out of your lendth and width.
Also in your favour is the number of plants.
Your inexperience will work against you, however.
My first grow got me a paltry yield with 4 plants, a poor amount of CFL lighting, a poorly implemented training method and my inexperience. I'm now on my second grow with more plants, better lights, a little experience but no clear direction on my training method, though I'm considering super cropping. I am trying to avoid a scrog as i need access to my pots.

So, based on 8 plants, I'd estimate that you can pull between 8 ounces and 1.2lbs for the whole grow, though a scrog might help you get more, especially if you have plenty of time to spend in veg.

just my two cents. :)

yeah thats what im thinking I am aware of all of this maybe my attention to detail will help hopefully but if not I would still be happy with whatever I get specially if I gain more knowledge and can use it in the future.

wouldn't worry about it, such mistakes are forgiven in veg mode; it would take a few consecutive cycles of 12/12 to make them flower. such an event in flowering, however, can cause them to hermie, which you don't want.

Also, you mentioned about male plants and pollen; instead of that, maybe later on in the future you might want to consider making your own female seeds using the colloidal silver method, which I'm currently doing. This allows you to make seeds without boys. which is just ace.

Yeah the hermies is what popped in my mind when I saw that... never herd of that method will reed into tho thanks for the info.

yeah thats what im thinking I am aware of all of this maybe my attention to detail will help hopefully but if not I would still be happy with whatever I get specially if I gain more knowledge and can use it in the future.

Yeah, your first grow is just a throat clearer; it's all learning, getting to know the plants and what they like and don't like. aim to learn as much as you can with things like yield as afterthoughts. use this time to read as much as you can, ask questions (like, literally stalk experienced growers like i do lol) and make mistakes. it's nice to learn from other people's mistakes but sometimes you only learn if you killed the plant yourself lol

The colloidal silver method is simple: you take a girl, put her in flowering mode, spray her every day with colloidal silver (minimum 35ppm (it will say on the bottle)), wait for balls, harvest the pollen, smear it over a second girl's young flowers and she will make seeds. Done lol

Back
Top Bottom