Elderly Ontario Woman Extradited to U.S. on Decades-Old Pot Charge

Weedpipe

420 Member
TORONTO – A 74-year-old woman from Hamilton, Ont., who attempted to cross the border into New York state earlier this week learned the hard way that the United States does not take kindly to drug charges – no matter how old.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection say Homenella Cole advised border officers at the Lewiston-Queenston border crossing Monday that she was inadmissible to the U.S. because of previous criminal convictions in Canada.

"She said she wanted a waiver to enter the U.S., which is not uncommon," said CBP spokesman Kevin Corsaro.

A routine criminal record check revealed that Cole was the subject of active felony warrant issued on April 1, 1980 by the New York City Police Department.

Cole was arrested on the outstanding warrant and was extradited to New York City, where the senior citizen will face the charge of possession with the intent to distribute marijuana.

"Apparently these warrants don't run out. But a 29-year-old warrant is definitely rare," Corsaro said.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: Montreal Gazette
Copyright: National Post
Website:Elderly Ontario woman extradited to U.S. on decades-old pot charge

Oh yeah!! the justice system is at it again. Good to see that the money is being spent on dangerous individuals that can harm the general population. We need to get those 79 year old citizens behind bars, god forbid they.....

I can't even think of a pun for that. Are retired? Have grey hair? I hope the judge doesn't even consider this case for a moment.

ha ha ha NYC has thousands of murders every year and they care about a 30yr old possession charge that a Canadian citizen got and now she is 74. well then Canada should bomb new york until they return her.

Well, maybe not bomb, but be really pissed off and bitch slap all the border guards until they dismiss the charge. What a sad, sad situation.

after fleeing off wildly on her hover-round, police joined forces in chasing her down, finally ending the escape attempt with a beautifully executed P.I.T. maneuver by officer Buck Futts in his armor-plated hummer.

mobility.jpg

(some or all of this update might not be entirely accurate)

(some or all of this update might not be entirely accurate)

accurately freakin' hilarious.

and no more ridiculous than the original story :grinjoint:

Well, maybe not bomb, but be really pissed off and bitch slap all the border guards until they dismiss the charge. What a sad, sad situation.

ya i know but i wrote it because the US has bombed people for less reason than this outrage

Back
Top Bottom