Electric Shaman's Current Grow

Electric Shaman

My first journal here. I guess you have to start somewhere. I'll put up a snapshot from April 18th, 2018. I call my room The Jungle. Here is the setup.

VivoSun 60x60x80 tent, Viparspectra 1200W Led, Think Crucial Charcoal Filter, Active Air 6" Fan with speed controller, 2 - Avalon 6" Desk Fan, HomeLab 30 pint Dehumidifier, 2 - VivoSun Digital Timers.

Canna Coco Coir medium, 2 plants growing in Hyponix Soil, Fox Farm Grow, Bloom and Tiger, Cal-Mag, Flower Fuel, Boogie Brew Pure Protein, Wallace Organic Wonder Premium Mycorrhizal Inoculent, Wallace Organic Wonder - Wonder Brew, Boogie Brew Compost Tea, Boogie Brew Worm Casting Set of 2, pH down, House and Garden Amino Treatment and Steen Sulfer-Free Molasses. A Dr Meter PPM tester and pH Tester. Compost Tea Brewer - 5 gallon bucket, Aquarium Pump, 2 air stones.

I just started Week 5 of flower today April 20th, 2018. I'll take you back to the beginning and tell the story of this grow.

Alright, let me load some pictures and go back to the beginning of this adventure.

Here is the beginning. February 3rd. I put my seeds in Jiffy Pots and into the little bucket. I put plastic wrap over it and a heating pad under it. Gotta watch those jiffy pots. Sometimes the seed will slip into the center of the pot. It will sprout but if you don't retrieve it you'll lose it. I'm using a low watt CFL nothing fancy. At this point they just have to find their orientation. There are GigaBud, Big Nugs Fast, Acapulco Gold, Ayahuasca Purple, Double Black, and Maui Waui. I've grown Ayahuasca and GigaBud before all the rest are new to me.

I'm not much into the paper towel or glass of water germination. I just stick them in the Jiffy Pot and wait. Works for me. I don't fix what isn't broke but side experiments are pretty cool. Just spraying them with pHed water at this point.

This picture upload thing is making me crazy. PTSD stress ramping up. It doesn't go to the screen where the upload media button is. It keeps jumping back to Gallery tab. RRrrr.

OK, Dummy me figuring this out. I hit browse gallery and clicked the first picture and the sky opened up and the Hallelujah chorus started playing. And my stress level dropped to zero. I need a Dr Pepper!

So two days later on February 8th they are off and running. A little leggy but I just put root cloning gel on the stems and bury them in the next pot. Works just like tomato plants!

February 10th, 2018 - Well, I wanted to try some in dirt this round. What a mistake! I had 2 each of Blueberry, Big Nugs Fast, GigaBud and Ayahuasca Purple. I took all the #1 plants and put then in dirt all the #2's and the singles Maui Waui and Double Black went into coco. And what pray tell happened to Acapulco Gold, it never popped 3 seeds total. Ouch. But I contacted Seedsman.com and the lovely Miss Vicky allowed me to pick 5 seeds from their line of seeds. Great seeds by the way. I picked Blueberry as the replacement.

I buried the stems with rooting compound to get rid of the stretch and eventually will strengthen the root system.

February 10th - I almost forgot Whats in the dirt? Glad you asked! Mushroom Compost, Garden Soil (Generic), Azomite from Gateway Biotech, Wallace Organic Wonder Mycorrhizal Inoculent, Worm castings from Boogie Brew and Pure Protein from Boogie Brew.

February 10th, 2018 - So here are the hatchlings in the tent. They are under a Viparspectra 1200W with only the blue lights on at this point.

Feb 11th, 2018 - Here is a very blurry picture of the stem being buried. I kept a little root ball and put the gel halfway up then buried it up to the top mark.

February 15th, 2018, Day 13ish - Today was pottem' up day for the #2's and Maui Waui and Double Black. I mixed up some new coco. I use the Canna Coco Coir with some Fox Farm Nutrients (Bloom and a Little Grow), some Cal-Mag in the water and Worm Compost in thin layers in the pots. Just a smidge. This is new this grow. I want to see what happens. Canna Coco Coir takes 3 gallons of water per compressed brick. Add a gallon at a time. I'll feature Double Black in this post.

Subbed for your grow. Plants look great.
Wait til you see the progress. I'm posting as quick as I can to catch up to today, Day 33 of flower! Just the highlights.

Day 16 - February 19th - Well the 19th or somewhere around there I started Ayahuasca #3 and GigaBud #3 to replace the 2 original Acapulco Gold that didn't germinate. I may try that one again with fresh seeds. Next time I'll scarafy them, maybe that will help. Scarafy is to rough the seeds up with sandpaper on the edge to help germinate thick seeds. If ya have one that doesn't pop it's a good little trick. That Wallace Organic always gives them a good start. If it's good to grow 2000 lb pumpkins it's good enough for my little hatchlings.

Day 18 - February 21st, 2018 - Here is the first lineup of all the plants at that time. The line up. You will notice Ayahuasca #3 and GigaBud #3 that replaced 2 Acapulco Gold.

I was running Fox Farm Grow Big, Big Bloom, H&G Amino Treatment and Cal-Mag. The soil plants were getting water and H&G Amino Treatment. The Blue light were on 18/6. I goofed up one picture, oh well. Doin' my best on this thing. My back can't stand any more so I'll leave it here for now and pick up tomorrow. More lineups and pearls of wisdom along the way. Good night all! ES out!

I couldn't sleep so I decide to extend the journal a little bit to maybe get me sleepy. A little pain meds for my back spasms and I should be able to tolerate this.

Back
Top Bottom