Elevated Lighting Company Grow Light Discussion

Thank you. I found the thread with info on how to, it seems straight forward, but I have changed so many things so far and will still be changing even more when I finish the room and my new lights get here (speaking of... shipped already?!? Wow!) If I actually typed out all of the changes these little dolls have gone thru, you all would probably kick me off the forum :D

I guess I can just start from now? I don't want to make folks mad by putting too much 'crap' in it

They seem happy and stable now, but from what I have been reading, I guess I'm supposed to be cutting their tops off? And I guess it is a better than even shot they might end up hermaphrodites. So many things to learn!

I personally have had never had a plant herm. I do top too. It's a preference thing. Topping allows more bud sites to form and allow for a more even canopy.

However, I would reccomend growing your first plant and do it as simple as you can. You are about to get a whole lot of light lol. So focus mostly soil, temps, and humidity. Make sure to take notes through your first journey. It makes a great resource later on so you have a log of dos and don'ts. Then, you can venture into more grow techniques like topping, training, cloning, etc.

Also, grab a grow bible off the Amazon or you can prob find one for free online. It will be a great go to.

Lastly, your first grow will probably be your worst. Dont get discouraged! My first grow was outdoors. Everything was going smoothly until the MI weather and living in marshier area got me. All my crop got mold. I was bummed. Months of work to end like that. I learned alot though.

My 3000k 250 series 3 + r spec was delivered yesterday and I swapped it with my 250 series 2 rspec full spec mixed ! Really excited to finish with this light and Special Thanks to Justin/Budget LED for everything
EA674260-D6D1-4A55-A4B5-B7353A0777B0.jpeg
85CEE9BF-50D4-43C4-A2BB-164F848FBAF2.jpeg
:thanks::thanks::blunt:

My 3000k 250 series 3 + r spec was delivered yesterday and I swapped it with my 250 series 2 rspec full spec mixed ! Really excited to finish with this light and Special Thanks to Justin/Budget LED for everything
EA674260-D6D1-4A55-A4B5-B7353A0777B0.jpeg
85CEE9BF-50D4-43C4-A2BB-164F848FBAF2.jpeg
:thanks::thanks::blunt:

Holy moly batman! Looks like you are killing it!

Brand new grower here, started some flowers by accident

I haven't heard of anyone doing that since sin semilla became the norm. My brother and I accidentally started "a few" back in the mid-1980s. Used to do the classic "clean yer cannabis on a double record album" thing, then dump the stems/seeds out the window. I can remember Pop stopping a few times whilst mowing, grumbling, then firing the mower back up and continuing. He probably wasn't quite as clueless as we thought, lol. . . .

I haven't heard of anyone doing that since sin semilla became the norm. My brother and I accidentally started "a few" back in the mid-1980s. Used to do the classic "clean yer cannabis on a double record album" thing, then dump the stems/seeds out the window. I can remember Pop stopping a few times whilst mowing, grumbling, then firing the mower back up and continuing. He probably wasn't quite as clueless as we thought, lol. . . .
lol, well, I did mean to *eventually*, I just thought I would be finding clones and a tent, or that sort of thing. I didn't think random year old seeds laying on my desk had much chance to really grow. I'm new to critical thinking, it shows more sometimes than others, lol.

I personally have had never had a plant herm. I do top too. It's a preference thing. Topping allows more bud sites to form and allow for a more even canopy.

However, I would reccomend growing your first plant and do it as simple as you can. You are about to get a whole lot of light lol. So focus mostly soil, temps, and humidity. Make sure to take notes through your first journey. It makes a great resource later on so you have a log of dos and don'ts. Then, you can venture into more grow techniques like topping, training, cloning, etc.

Also, grab a grow bible off the Amazon or you can prob find one for free online. It will be a great go to.

Lastly, your first grow will probably be your worst. Dont get discouraged! My first grow was outdoors. Everything was going smoothly until the MI weather and living in marshier area got me. All my crop got mold. I was bummed. Months of work to end like that. I learned alot though.

Well, I had already decided to go simple for this one, that's why they're in soil that has the food in it already, and I like the idea of seeing how it grows naturally before I start playing god.

Right now, still trying to put the room together, but its getting closer. Trying to figure out which direction/placement will be optimal for the lights so that we can put supports above the holders. Btw also, how far above the plants should the lights be to start? I am guessing I probably want to start them up pretty high until the plants get used to them? Please do advise.

Edit to add: I have been thinking about this for a while, and realized, I need to know how far apart these lights need to be from each other. Is there a minimum? how much overlap is too much? Too much to think about, I feel dumb :(

I could also use advice about ventilation, I thought a small fan would be fine, but that's probably me being naive haha.

Is a 'grow bible' a particular book by a particular person/persons? When I google it, I see several different names, so I don't know which to trust.

As for it being the worst, well... I mean, I already almost killed them twice, so it should be easy to go up from there right? :D j/k Not counting any chickens, I promise :)

Well, I had already decided to go simple for this one, that's why they're in soil that has the food in it already, and I like the idea of seeing how it grows naturally before I start playing god.

Right now, still trying to put the room together, but its getting closer. Trying to figure out which direction/placement will be optimal for the lights so that we can put supports above the holders. Btw also, how far above the plants should the lights be to start? I am guessing I probably want to start them up pretty high until the plants get used to them? Please do advise.

Edit to add: I have been thinking about this for a while, and realized, I need to know how far apart these lights need to be from each other. Is there a minimum? how much overlap is too much? Too much to think about, I feel dumb :(

I could also use advice about ventilation, I thought a small fan would be fine, but that's probably me being naive haha.

Is a 'grow bible' a particular book by a particular person/persons? When I google it, I see several different names, so I don't know which to trust.

As for it being the worst, well... I mean, I already almost killed them twice, so it should be easy to go up from there right? :D j/k Not counting any chickens, I promise :)

I believe you mentioned it was a 6 x 6 area? I can draw up a diagram. Basically, you will want to equally space them off center. Think of 4 square 3 x 3s in the grow space. Height wise, 30" for early veg, 24" for veg, and 18" for flower!

Ventilation can be as expensive as you want to go or as simple as you want to go? Are you concerned of the smell? If so, a carvon filter is a must. If not, you would run a cheap inline 6/8 inch fan out your basement window (if you have one). Just make sure you seal around it / insulate. Also put a screen on the end so no critters get in.

I will take a pic of the bible I have. I got it off Amazon and still reference it weekly. It also makes good reading material in general.

Lastly, enjoy! Your first run is about learning!

Alright everyone! I need some help! Anyone know of a breeder that makes a straight blueberry strain that straight smells / tastes like blueberries?

I want to add it to my existing bunch as regular. I was looking at the DJ Shorty stuff but have read the latest f5 series doesnt taste or really smell like blueberries. Any help is appreciated!

I believe you mentioned it was a 6 x 6 area? I can draw up a diagram. Basically, you will want to equally space them off center. Think of 4 square 3 x 3s in the grow space. Height wise, 30" for early veg, 24" for veg, and 18" for flower!

Ventilation can be as expensive as you want to go or as simple as you want to go? Are you concerned of the smell? If so, a carvon filter is a must. If not, you would run a cheap inline 6/8 inch fan out your basement window (if you have one). Just make sure you seal around it / insulate. Also put a screen on the end so no critters get in.

I will take a pic of the bible I have. I got it off Amazon and still reference it weekly. It also makes good reading material in general.

Lastly, enjoy! Your first run is about learning!
Again, thank you so much. That would be distance from the top of the plants right, not from the ceiling? How does that work if one plant decides to be way taller than the others? And also, any recommendations for transitioning them to the new lights, or will they just take it in stride @30"?

I have no idea yet if I am concerned about the smell. I think I will like it, but I don't know how strong or pervasive it will be, nor how much it might annoy my family/neighbors so. ... How far would the smell travel if I do not use the carbon filter? My closest neighbor's house is only about 45ft from the window I would vent out of. I know it is legal here now, but I still don't want everyone knowing my biz. I guess, for now I'll stick with a small fan and worry about ventilation later when/if it becomes a problem. I read that it was 'critical' to a healthy grow so I was worried.

I was thinking to put the lights very slightly closer to center since I will not be putting any mj plants that close to the walls, would that make it too bright at center? They would end up with four inches between units on the side where the heat sink is (so roughly 8 between the light boards), and 10 inches between the light boards going the other direction (the short side of the heat sink). This would leave me a gap of 15" at the back (room for a shelf for small plants - not mj) and 16" at the sides (just leaving me room to work, I'm not a small person). I assumed, based on the 4x4 veg footprint, that the edges would still get plenty of light for houseplants or whatever else I would stick in there, I just worry that the overlap in the center would be too much.

Do please send the pic of the bible, I suspect I'll be needing lots of help.

Back
Top Bottom