Elpod Grows - Soil Microgrow - C99XBlueberry - 2018

elpodgrows

Hello everyone!

I was so looking forward to find support in a 420-friendly community. I have read multiple threads here and I get great vibes from this community.
All in all this growing medium was inspired by Spacebuckets, which I felt are not fully developed for discreet and successful growing. I am not really sure about sharing pictures of my growing space/device as later on I plan to get some kind of business out of it. However, I will share all its specs. After 1 month of extensive reading on how to grow marijuana I decided it was time to start my Journey. Without further ado, let me share my adventure:

-2 plants
-strain: c99Xblueberry- specifically chosen as I love high THC levels, Sativa dominant, though it seems to have the proper indica phenotype to grow in lockstep with my growing medium.
-Age-25th day, 6th and 5th nod, Veg Stage
-Indoor, FF ocean forest Soil, FF trio nutes.
-3 gal. plastic pots. drilled some extra holes for better air filtration
-LED full spectrum 350W
-two 120mm computer fan for outtake, two 80mm computer fan intake, and one 4 inches intake/outtake inside growing medium for air circulation. This one also has air filters to catch smells, bacteria and whatever else it says it catches.
-RT is steady, it has not rose more than 77 lately. I'm from Massachusetts so the outside weather is challenging some times as I try to keep the house steady
-RH has been the biggest challenge, I try to keep it above 50 but I don't seem to find the cheap way to resolve this issue. Other than this recent thread wicks which I am about to try later when the babies wake up.
-Light cycle 18/6- 15:30/lights off x 21:30 lights on
-Soil PH is steady 6.5-7
-BT waterproof speaker-Violin playlist on spotify. I can't remember where I read that was also good for the plants. I fully believe this could be a thing.
-Any Pests ? None detected
-How often are you watering? I freaked out when I first transplanted from seedling to VEG. they went from a soup cup to a 3 Gal pot and I over watered the f* out of them. Only one plant showed signs of being over watered.

Current situations:

There are for sure other things I would love to have measured like PPM, add the CO2 in the room, or RO water. But thats already out of my budget. If anyone has tips on how to achieve these things without spending too much please advise.

2 days ago I started LST on both, FIM on only one. *pictures will be uploaded later. Ever since, I felt like the growth reduced. I can see how new leaves (lateral buds) are blooming too, though im afraid they are not growing as fast as they were few days ago. I'm thinking that the fertilizer are either not being properly applied. Maybe im still over watering them?. Last time I watered them was last night. After 3 days of only spraying the soil surface when dried. I felt like it was time for watering as I want the roots to reach the bottom of the pot. The reason is because it is a tall pot and I am not sure if the roots are growing evenly.

I am using the FF schedule, applying only 1/2 the dose suggested. I spent 1 gallon in 1 week on both plants. Meaning 1/2 gallon per plant. I started feeding nutrients on day #18

I know they will recover and grow nice and big. They are young and they know I'm learning and getting to know them as we go.
Here some pictures of my Journey.

I will snap better pictures in the future.
Regards,

Looking good from my view.

Guess there is nothing else to do but :passitleft:

Subbed up.

Morning Elpod

Girls are looking pretty nice.

I have a couple of comments hope you don't mind.

RO water and PPM meters are good, but honestly i have just used tap water and GO nutes. i have yet to PH my soil or water. i do have the equipment which i bought thinking like you it was required.

What i have read is most of the chemical nutes are PH balanced when used in normal tap water (i Could be wrong). Most of the time you just need to add Cal/mag or Fumic acid once or twice during veg and bloom. FF Soil also has lots of built in nutes so be careful when added extra.

Keep it Frosty Bud :cool::ganjamon:

Hello everyone!

I was so looking forward to find support in a 420-friendly community. I have read multiple threads here and I get great vibes from this community.
All in all this growing medium was inspired by Spacebuckets, which I felt are not fully developed for discreet and successful growing. I am not really sure about sharing pictures of my growing space/device as later on I plan to get some kind of business out of it. However, I will share all its specs. After 1 month of extensive reading on how to grow marijuana I decided it was time to start my Journey. Without further ado, let me share my adventure:

-2 plants
-strain: c99Xblueberry- specifically chosen as I love high THC levels, Sativa dominant, though it seems to have the proper indica phenotype to grow in lockstep with my growing medium.
-Age-25th day, 6th and 5th nod, Veg Stage
-Indoor, FF ocean forest Soil, FF trio nutes.
-3 gal. plastic pots. drilled some extra holes for better air filtration
-LED full spectrum 350W
-two 120mm computer fan for outtake, two 80mm computer fan intake, and one 4 inches intake/outtake inside growing medium for air circulation. This one also has air filters to catch smells, bacteria and whatever else it says it catches.
-RT is steady, it has not rose more than 77 lately. I'm from Massachusetts so the outside weather is challenging some times as I try to keep the house steady
-RH has been the biggest challenge, I try to keep it above 50 but I don't seem to find the cheap way to resolve this issue. Other than this recent thread wicks which I am about to try later when the babies wake up.
-Light cycle 18/6- 15:30/lights off x 21:30 lights on
-Soil PH is steady 6.5-7
-BT waterproof speaker-Violin playlist on spotify. I can't remember where I read that was also good for the plants. I fully believe this could be a thing.
-Any Pests ? None detected
-How often are you watering? I freaked out when I first transplanted from seedling to VEG. they went from a soup cup to a 3 Gal pot and I over watered the f* out of them. Only one plant showed signs of being over watered.

Current situations:

There are for sure other things I would love to have measured like PPM, add the CO2 in the room, or RO water. But thats already out of my budget. If anyone has tips on how to achieve these things without spending too much please advise.

2 days ago I started LST on both, FIM on only one. *pictures will be uploaded later. Ever since, I felt like the growth reduced. I can see how new leaves (lateral buds) are blooming too, though im afraid they are not growing as fast as they were few days ago. I'm thinking that the fertilizer are either not being properly applied. Maybe im still over watering them?. Last time I watered them was last night. After 3 days of only spraying the soil surface when dried. I felt like it was time for watering as I want the roots to reach the bottom of the pot. The reason is because it is a tall pot and I am not sure if the roots are growing evenly.

I am using the FF schedule, applying only 1/2 the dose suggested. I spent 1 gallon in 1 week on both plants. Meaning 1/2 gallon per plant. I started feeding nutrients on day #18

I know they will recover and grow nice and big. They are young and they know I'm learning and getting to know them as we go.
Here some pictures of my Journey.

I will snap better pictures in the future.
Regards,

@elpodgrows how did you determine when the veg stage had started?

Hello everyone, thanks for watching. 29 days. I added nutes 2 days ago. I feel like the roots are not consuming them as fast as I thought they would. This time, I watered (1/2 gallon) them with more consistency and patience to make sure that the pots are been watered evenly. Any advise will be appreciated.

I broke a cola 2 days ago :( when practicing lst in one of them. I tried putting it back together but I finally gave up. The area was to tight and I felt like I was going to harm it more. Now, I'm focusing on getting as many colas as possible. So I counted 6 in one of them and 7 on the other one. See you all around :yummy:

Hello,

Well this time I am a little sad for one of my babies. As you will see in one of the pictures, I got signs of P deficiency on 2 of the fan leaves. I might be wrong so please advise.

i believe the main reason was because of nutrients lock out due the soil PH was above 7. Also the soil might of been a lil bit too cold. Last couple of days we've had cold temps. If you have read, my growing medium is handcrafted. And it is placed next to my bedroom window curtain. I left the window opened and the curtain definetely dragged the cold air down to where the Pot seats on .
*Sorry, kind of hard to explain.
i tried not to freak out too much, so I proceeded to let about 1 liter of clean PH'd water runoff through the soil. Then feeded 1/2 gallon of nutrients.
This was done to the one showing the signs. the other one looks super healthy. And impressively to me, I thought that it was going to grow slower due the FIM, one cola got cut off accidentally and was growing slower than the other one during the first 2 weeks.
Im also adding moist with humidifier to high up the rh. Last read was 62°.

Another upgrades: I have added bamboo sticks to help me with the LST technique
I'm cheaply producing CO2 with vineger and baking soda. It is kind of like a drip system on top of a baking soda bed.

I am super perfeccionist. This might not be a big issue. And i fear I cause more problems by trying to fix lil things. Anyway, this is the third scary/sad moment during these journey. I remain positive, i apologized to them last night and these morning they both look healthy.

*Lesson learned: next grow I must treat my soil mix with dolomite lime so my soil PH remains stabled. I knew it but totally ignored it. These journal has helped me a lot to log all the important events, also because i know there is a few of you supporting me.

I'll catch you later. :passitleft:

Ok.....just caught up. Let's start with the P deficiency....why do you think that?
Next, your PH......you definitely need to know that. Every time you fill a bucket with water, it needs to be PHd. Soil will have its own PH level, as will your water. Water going into soil should be in the 6.5 range and water into soulless (coco/hydro), should be 5.7 and that is after all of your Amendments have been added to your water. In theory, when soil and water ph levels are mixed together, they should average out..... But not always. PH is huge, unless growing in a living organic soil (LOS). Certain nutrients and minerals are available for the plant to uptake at certain pH levels. The more your pH fluctuates from the lower scale to the higher scale (depending on where you are), deficiencies will start to make themselves more obvious as your plant grows and uses up its stored material. This is what I feel you are experiencing, rather than just a "P" deficiency.

Dolomitic lime is what I used to use to control my Calcium and magnesium traces. The problem with dolomitic lime is that you cannot pinpoint your levels like you can buy using actual Calmag......i used to do granular , but now that I've switched to liquid I'll never go back.

Also, I'm pretty sure that in one of your earlier photos I saw one of those small analogue / needle style moisture meters. Throw that in the garbage. Get to know your pots and how they feel in weight when they are dry and how they feel in weight when they are not. As you know, over-watering is a very common new Growers mistake, and it can wreck and entire set of leaves......never to be seen green again lol.

I think that's good for now, I know that I intended to answer all of your questions..... If you still have any please feel free to post them and I will do my best to help. Those are the two or three obvious points that I picked out this morning. Also, I don't want you to think that your plants look bad..... Your plants look great. It's just nice to be able to catch things before they happen or right at the beginning of something happening.

Have a great day guys....

Ok.....just caught up. Let's start with the P deficiency....why do you think that?
Next, your PH......you definitely need to know that. Every time you fill a bucket with water, it needs to be PHd. Soil will have its own PH level, as will your water. Water going into soil should be in the 6.5 range and water into soulless (coco/hydro), should be 5.7 and that is after all of your Amendments have been added to your water. In theory, when soil and water ph levels are mixed together, they should average out..... But not always. PH is huge, unless growing in a living organic soil (LOS). Certain nutrients and minerals are available for the plant to uptake at certain pH levels. The more your pH fluctuates from the lower scale to the higher scale (depending on where you are), deficiencies will start to make themselves more obvious as your plant grows and uses up its stored material. This is what I feel you are experiencing, rather than just a "P" deficiency.

Dolomitic lime is what I used to use to control my Calcium and magnesium traces. The problem with dolomitic lime is that you cannot pinpoint your levels like you can buy using actual Calmag......i used to do granular , but now that I've switched to liquid I'll never go back.

Also, I'm pretty sure that in one of your earlier photos I saw one of those small analogue / needle style moisture meters. Throw that in the garbage. Get to know your pots and how they feel in weight when they are dry and how they feel in weight when they are not. As you know, over-watering is a very common new Growers mistake, and it can wreck and entire set of leaves......never to be seen green again lol.

I think that's good for now, I know that I intended to answer all of your questions..... If you still have any please feel free to post them and I will do my best to help. Those are the two or three obvious points that I picked out this morning. Also, I don't want you to think that your plants look bad..... Your plants look great. It's just nice to be able to catch things before they happen or right at the beginning of something happening.

Have a great day guys....

Thanks for your time. I believe the p deficiency was/ is noticeable on at least 4 fan leaves old leaves. Ill take pictures later tonight for better reference. I am not freaking out as much now because the growth pace has not decreased. As for the phd water after adding nutrients. I am making sure of doing that. I failed to do it only the first time i added nutrients. I will follow your advice on the moist meter. It is not accurate for sure.

You wrote something about the dolomatic lime. Im not sure i got it. i am for sure adding it on my next grow soil mix. So you use liquid dolomatic lime solution?

You are great thanks for sharing tips. Tonight, I will update the Journal. Stick around

Hello everyone,

39 days and this is the last week of vegetation. This is the last time that I add nutrients during the vegetation stage too. I took some time to LST both plants. As mentioned before I still have one of the plants showing some sort of deficiencies.

I dont really have much to share. Im just letting them grow patiently.
☮️✌️

Do not mind the purple hues too much as the LED light was right above when I took those pictures. Although the strain itself has those purple leaves characteristics. PH has been balanced to 6.5 on last feedings. there are some sick leaves for sure. Though only one plant is showed signs of nutes def. They responded well after I fed nutrients a week ago. This is for sure some cal/mag issue Im running into because I never treated my soil with any, and I have not fed any as of yet. I noticed how new grows are coming out healthy. Im just letting the plant discard those unhealthy leaves by itself. They will be fully flushed for flowering in about 2 days. I will also add calcium to the soil. Hopefully Ill get rid of the lockout then.

Thanks for stopping by. keeping it frosty! Here :passitleft:

Hello all, for anyone still watching this thread. Both plants are doing great. I really dont have pictures to share at the moment.
Today is day 44. I added phd water with some calcium formula. No nutrients. As per FF schedule i was suppose to flush them but I rather let them consume their veg nutrients for better transition. i try to let everything flow as natural as possible.At the moment they are receiving a 24 hours dark period before entereing 12/12.. so yeah pretty excited about this new stage. I did not post this old picture. But this is how they looked like just few days ago.✌️

Back
Top Bottom