Embarrassing yields please help me

Looks like you've gotten some great advice. Also, remember, when using LED lights, the 600W that the manufacturer promotes, isn't necessarily what's being given to the plants. I think the actual power draw on them are around 276 Watts. Not sure how that plays in regards to blurples, I use MH/HPS, but thought that actual power draw should be mentioned.

Looks like you've gotten some great advice. Also, remember, when using LED lights, the 600W that the manufacturer promotes, isn't necessarily what's being given to the plants. I think the actual power draw on them are around 276 Watts. Not sure how that plays in regards to blurples, I use MH/HPS, but thought that actual power draw should be mentioned.

He has taken that into account. Uses 2 viparspectre. So just over 500 is the power draw

I like growing big plants. This is how I do it...

First off I grow in RDWC. This, in my opinion is a vital part of the combination. Im sure it happens, but ive never seen a truly large plant in coco. My system is 50 gallons with 2 pots which works out well for me because I always use Silica, another vital part. A larger volume of water helps cope with pH swings that may come from the Silica. Silica does many things it would be worth your time to read about it. Don't bother with Armor Si, start with Silica Blast

Use a root builder. Rapidstart, Root Accelerator, and Rhizoblast are some good ones.

Use a PK booster.... but DONT overdue it. Its very easy to give too much Phosphorous and Potassium since you are already giving them these nutes in your base. You only use it a few weeks in the middle of flower... don't give it to them till the end of flower. It may look like its not doung much sometimes, but its preparing your plant for the finish. I will say that sometimes it really changes a plant. Just don't over due it. I use Hula Bloom, or Koolbloom

I use Fulvic acid. It helps chelate your nutrients to make it easier for the plant to pick up elements which can be an issue in hydro. It also makes your nutes more efficient, so you will be able to use less. I use Fulpower

Grow a "large strain". Northern lights, Big Bud, etc. You don't NEED a large strain, but it certainly helps if you are going for something next level. I just finished Wembley and had a plant do 26oz. This plant was just an anomaly. The plant next to it only did 2oz ( a polar opposite of the first plant) . The others will finish around 8oz each. This kinda shows that you shouldnt expect great things from seeds all the time. Training is also important. LST, or SCROGging helps a lot.

Invest in lights... even HPS and CMH will work just fine if you can deal with the heat and don't mind buying $60 bulbs. I would look at Qboards if I were you. They are relatively cheap and scalable... you can buy one now and add to it as you go. Don't buy lights you don't expect to keep, its just a waste of your money, and will never command good money on Craigslist.

This is the short list. Theres a lot to it. But if you have a solid knowledge of RDWC. You pick a large strain, you grow out the roots and use Silica, you have great lights and a room able to grow a large plant with plenty of ventilation you will be on your way to 1 pound plants.

Try not to get discouraged. Pot farming can take a very long time to learn. The cool part is, once you got a method down, you can go on to the next, i also grow in soil... you can spend a lifetime just studying the bugs and fungi in your soil. Keep your chin up! If you choose to run RDWC look me up.

The 26oz plant...

A 1 pound plant

An 11oz plant

Another 10oz plant (soil)

First off I grow in RDWC. This, in my opinion is a vital part of the combination. Im sure it happens, but ive never seen a truly large plant in coco. My system is 50 gallons with 2 pots which works out well for me because I always use Silica, another vital part. A larger volume of water helps cope with pH swings that may come from the Silica. Silica does many things it would be worth your time to read about it. Don't bother with Armor Si, start with Silica Blast

Use a root builder. Rapidstart, Root Accelerator, and Rhizoblast are some good ones.

Use a PK booster.... but DONT overdue it. Its very easy to give too much Phosphorous and Potassium since you are already giving them these nutes in your base. You only use it a few weeks in the middle of flower... don't give it to them till the end of flower. It may look like its not doung much sometimes, but its preparing your plant for the finish. I will say that sometimes it really changes a plant. Just don't over due it. I use Hula Bloom, or Koolbloom

I use Fulvic acid. It helps chelate your nutrients to make it easier for the plant to pick up elements which can be an issue in hydro. It also makes your nutes more efficient, so you will be able to use less. I use Fulpower

Grow a "large strain". Northern lights, Big Bud, etc. You don't NEED a large strain, but it certainly helps if you are going for something next level. I just finished Wembley and had a plant do 26oz. This plant was just an anomaly. The plant next to it only did 2oz ( a polar opposite of the first plant) . The others will finish around 8oz each. This kinda shows that you shouldnt expect great things from seeds all the time. Training is also important. LST, or SCROGging helps a lot.

Invest in lights... even HPS and CMH will work just fine if you can deal with the heat and don't mind buying $60 bulbs. I would look at Qboards if I were you. They are relatively cheap and scalable... you can buy one now and add to it as you go. Don't buy lights you don't expect to keep, its just a waste of your money, and will never command good money on Craigslist.

This is the short list. Theres a lot to it. But if you have a solid knowledge of RDWC. You pick a large strain, you grow out the roots and use Silica, you have great lights and a room able to grow a large plant with plenty of ventilation you will be on your way to 1 pound plants.

Try not to get discouraged. Pot farming can take a very long time to learn. The cool part is, once you got a method down, you can go on to the next, i also grow in soil... you can spend a lifetime just studying the bugs and fungi in your soil. Keep your chin up! If you choose to run RDWC look me up.

The 26oz plant...

A 1 pound plant

An 11oz plant

Another 10oz plant (soil)

Holy fucking shit... HAHA what massive buds you have sir!!!:bravo: Thank you very much for your input!
I was actually discussing this with a friend the other day, I am a full on HPS hydro Pharmer at heart started there like 12 years ago but came back and got into coco and LED hydro as my friend was using the stuff.
I am really at a crossroads in my equipment, I think I would struggle with the heat of a HPS my grow room sees 28.C on the hottest of days already and HPS would cause me more problems that benefits unfortunately.
DWC is something i have been looking at for sometime, I would be prepared to invest in all the equipment and Neuts needed but space might be my only issue there as I am using 1x1x2m tents ATM with a veg/flower tent on the cycle.
I am currently growing x4 plants at a time in my flower room on the coco set up with 16l fabric pots, how DWC plants would you replace these with? 2 or 1?
I have experience mostly with NFT hydroponics so i guess i have a small head start in DWC?
Thanks again for your reply I can spent hours looking up some stuff now :thumb:

I just finished my Brucer Banner 3 weeks ago, didnt growth anything in last 20 years so lets say i am still noob. I had 4 plant 2 which yeilded quite nice and 2 that was a disaster in DWC. I had a nitrogen toxicity also right before turn into flowering, 2 recovered quite good , was still little sign of too much nitrogen and 2 which i think never recovered properly lots of sign on the lower part of the plant. So i can tell you that nitrogen toxicity sure lower by a lots if not completely kill the yeild. Add to it your too deep canopy, 18 inch seem a lots 8-10 inch is good, but it varie with your light, if you know light cannot reach more than 8 inch , give it 2 extra inch and cut the rest, they will only drain energy for nothing. Make sure your light are at the right height, you must give them overall 1000-1200 umol, over that you need Co2 added and you need a enhancer heavy in PK on the last 3 week. I made tons of little error myself but i got from 2 out of my 4, 1.7 lb and the others 2 were totaly fluffy i made hash with them. I forgot my enhancer on the last 3 week as well, i gonna use M.O.B next run. Starting my run 2 in 1 week. Finishing my RDWC, DWC was painfull for me.

Scuse my english, i am french but if you need some input, i made almost every error possible in my first run, i have learned a lots and you should read a bit about Z7 or Z9 if you canadien, Recharge ( need to order in the USA ), Mother of earth MoB and DR Marijane. PM me if you need help :)

Holy fucking shit... HAHA what massive buds you have sir!!!:bravo: Thank you very much for your input!
I was actually discussing this with a friend the other day, I am a full on HPS hydro Pharmer at heart started there like 12 years ago but came back and got into coco and LED hydro as my friend was using the stuff.
I am really at a crossroads in my equipment, I think I would struggle with the heat of a HPS my grow room sees 28.C on the hottest of days already and HPS would cause me more problems that benefits unfortunately.
DWC is something i have been looking at for sometime, I would be prepared to invest in all the equipment and Neuts needed but space might be my only issue there as I am using 1x1x2m tents ATM with a veg/flower tent on the cycle.
I am currently growing x4 plants at a time in my flower room on the coco set up with 16l fabric pots, how DWC plants would you replace these with? 2 or 1?
I have experience mostly with NFT hydroponics so i guess i have a small head start in DWC?
Thanks again for your reply I can spent hours looking up some stuff now :thumb:
I regularly run my plants at 85F which is warmer than 28C by a few degrees. With a warmer room and a decent set of lights you will increase the metabolism of the plant, so it will feed better. Theres a vital ingredient to this though, and that is Silica. Its vital if your plants are in danger of getting too hot. I had a day this season that went over 100 degrees. This is a very serious situation fraught with all sorts of issues as you can imagine. Silica saved me. If you ran CO2 you can safely run temps well into the 90s... something to think about if you have chronic heat issues. You could fit 2, but 1 would work very well. In this situation you could very easily see how 1 plant outperforms 2. Get yourself a strong stanle indical that you want to try, and you might surprise yourself. I just grew a Wembley in the same size space and its one of the plants I posted pictures of. Now, that was in soil, so that tells me 2 things, you can easily go over 10oz in DWC, but that the plant fit the space well. Its a tough concept to think 1 plant will do better than 2, but its very real.

If you build a DWC rig run you reservoir outside the tent, you probably don't have room inside. If you build a system make sure you have a larger res. This will help keep pH swing at bay a bit, especially if you use Silica.

Yeah, if you can measure pH and disolved solids you're much farther ahead. Theres a ton of reading out there. If you need help with anything you know where to find me...

I just finished my Brucer Banner 3 weeks ago, didnt growth anything in last 20 years so lets say i am still noob. I had 4 plant 2 which yeilded quite nice and 2 that was a disaster in DWC. I had a nitrogen toxicity also right before turn into flowering, 2 recovered quite good , was still little sign of too much nitrogen and 2 which i think never recovered properly lots of sign on the lower part of the plant. So i can tell you that nitrogen toxicity sure lower by a lots if not completely kill the yeild. Add to it your too deep canopy, 18 inch seem a lots 8-10 inch is good, but it varie with your light, if you know light cannot reach more than 8 inch , give it 2 extra inch and cut the rest, they will only drain energy for nothing. Make sure your light are at the right height, you must give them overall 1000-1200 umol, over that you need Co2 added and you need a enhancer heavy in PK on the last 3 week. I made tons of little error myself but i got from 2 out of my 4, 1.7 lb and the others 2 were totaly fluffy i made hash with them. I forgot my enhancer on the last 3 week as well, i gonna use M.O.B next run. Starting my run 2 in 1 week. Finishing my RDWC, DWC was painfull for me.

Scuse my english, i am french but if you need some input, i made almost every error possible in my first run, i have learned a lots and you should read a bit about Z7 or Z9 if you canadien, Recharge ( need to order in the USA ), Mother of earth MoB and DR Marijane. PM me if you need help :)
Nitrogen toxicity is a bummer. Ive had it a couple times and your plants never really pull out of it. You may want to invest in a nitro free Calmag. A PK booster can lock things up too if added a little heavy handed. It couldn't have been that bad if you got almost 2 pounds from 2 plants. Nice.

Nitrogen toxicity is a bummer. Ive had it a couple times and your plants never really pull out of it. You may want to invest in a nitro free Calmag. A PK booster can lock things up too if added a little heavy handed. It couldn't have been that bad if you got almost 2 pounds from 2 plants. Nice.

I use cal/Mag from GH but i will look if there is nitrogen in it, that sound a good idea to go without. About the sillicia its truth it really help in case you mess up temp and seem to make bigger cola. The PK booster its 50% of the recommanded dose from what i read but i have yet to test it in my second attemp. For the PH Z7 or Z9 help a lots and well reduce the shit in your water without kill the benny and it add needed enzyme, the water stay very clean without go total microbe destroy like Ho2 ( not saying its a bad way just not mine ) and you can try out something i am going to try to run this time is Inline PH balance from turos or something like that, seem to be a nice tool but i didnt test it yet. I am running my 10 x 8 gallon bucket in test atm for 3-4 more days, i had some leak which i had to repair.

I use cal/Mag from GH but i will look if there is nitrogen in it, that sound a good idea to go without. About the sillicia its truth it really help in case you mess up temp and seem to make bigger cola. The PK booster its 50% of the recommanded dose from what i read but i have yet to test it in my second attemp. For the PH Z7 or Z9 help a lots and well reduce the shit in your water without kill the benny and it add needed enzyme, the water stay very clean without go total microbe destroy like Ho2 ( not saying its a bad way just not mine ) and you can try out something i am going to try to run this time is Inline PH balance from turos or something like that, seem to be a nice tool but i didnt test it yet. I am running my 10 x 8 gallon bucket in test atm for 3-4 more days, i had some leak which i had to repair.
GH calmag has Nitrogen in it, most do. So does the Micro from the flora trio. Grow More has a nice N free Calmag, and its not too expensive. I dont like Z7. It makes a mess of my system. Im a Hydroguard guy, but I guess it's crazy expensive up north. I dont mind pH fluctuations. They tell the story of whats going on in the water. The faster it changes is kind of a signal as to how important the issue is. I just had a problem the other day that could have turned into a real mess if didnt catch it with pH. I use a filter bag... thats what really kept me going, but pH put up the flag

I use DR marijane to remplace hydroguard, it was too costly for a 60 gallon system along with Z9. What the problem exactly Z7 caused you?, my bucket are always clean no residue. Do you know by luck where i can buy grow more cal mag in canada......gods its complicated for us to get the good stuff, or a diff brand sold everywhere lol.

I use DR marijane to remplace hydroguard, it was too costly for a 60 gallon system along with Z9. What the problem exactly Z7 caused you?, my bucket are always clean no residue. Do you know by luck where i can buy grow more cal mag in canada......gods its complicated for us to get the good stuff, or a diff brand sold everywhere lol.
Yeah, that would be expensive. I'd use one or the other. My issue with Z7 is that I use a lot of air in my system and it would foam up really bad, then the foam would turn to a hard calcification, most of which is still in my res. It destroyed my float valve. I also really didn't like having to add more every few days, they said it was economical to use, but i never saw it.

I'm not sure where you would find the grow more calmag up north. There are other products like it though if you're having issues finding it

I will have to test back Z9 in my new system , i added this time twice the bubble per bucket plus the circulation pump but i added also a filter before my pump, i will see if it fill up and how fast if it does.

I will have to test back Z9 in my new system , i added this time twice the bubble per bucket plus the circulation pump but i added also a filter before my pump, i will see if it fill up and how fast if it does.
I have a very aggressive air pump (90 liters per minute and I use 12 inch diffusers. I also have foaming issues with some Silica products and sweeteners sometimes

Do you have any tips for soil?
Do you know of any good organic root builders, silica(looking at Bonaticare but Idk if it is organic), mycorrhizae, other soil biology builders?

Back
Top Bottom