Embarrassing yields please help me

There's all sorts of good stuff for soil. Im not a soil guy, but compost is a powerful soil additive. It takes aittle time to make, but its well worth it. You can build a compost that favors bacteria, or fungi. You can make teas from a good compost that turbo charges you existing soil. This is all full organic. I just used a heavily composted soil in a 3x3 and pulled more than 10oz of great bud.

As for root building... mycorhizae is always a great idea. The species Rhizophagus Intraradices will help share Phosphorous, Nitrogen, Zinc, Copper, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, and Manganese in return for Carbon laced exudates from the plant. This fungus will help the plant feed, but also inoculate the rhizosphere from damaging nematodes. The walls of the fungus contain chitin which nematodes dont like.

You could spend three lifetimes learning about soil, the bacteria and beneficial fungus in soil, and how it all works together to feed your plants. I recommend reading about building a living soil, check out super soils, and the components for both. Jeff Lowenfels has some great books. His "Teaming With" trilogy is an excellent start

You can get Silica from RAW... i assume its organic. I dont know if its OMRI certified, but its probably pretty close. In my opinion, Silica seems to work best when accompanied with some other elements like Boron, Manganese, and a dash of Sulfer. It doesnt take much of these micros nutrients, but they seem to work together well. Also the process in which the Silica is extracted this can affect bioavailability

For the record, I haven't used a pure form of Silica like the product from RAW, but if you look at the dose people like to use, its 10 times more than i use with my engineered product. Which tells me the RAW product isn't as bioavailable. Hope this helps

There's all sorts of good stuff for soil. Im not a soil guy, but compost is a powerful soil additive. It takes aittle time to make, but its well worth it. You can build a compost that favors bacteria, or fungi. You can make teas from a good compost that turbo charges you existing soil. This is all full organic. I just used a heavily composted soil in a 3x3 and pulled more than 10oz of great bud.

Those are the types of results I would like to see. While I don't expect them everytime once in a while would be great!

I decided to go with Baby Bu's Potting Soil form Malibu Compost (Coir, compost (composted organic dairy cow manure, wood chips, straw, concentrations of yarrow, chamomile, valerian, stinging nettle, dandelion, & oak bark), fir bark, perlite, worm castings, soybean meal, fish meal, fish bone meal, langbeinite, alfalfa meal, crab meal, green sand, neem seed meal, volcanic ash & kelp meal). Idr if it has the volcanic ash and they removed the biochar if you go look at the ingridients on their site. They also sell their compost so my plan is to recycle the dirt, add some of that, let it sit for about 30 days and add some mycorrhizae(Mykos is my thought but I am still doing research in that area) I am not sure if it is best while I let it sit, after or both. I will also be using soil balance pro during the growth cycle so I will have to figure out if I am using both mycorrhizae and soil balance or just SB.

As for root building... mycorhizae is always a great idea. The species Rhizophagus Intraradices will help share Phosphorous, Nitrogen, Zinc, Copper, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, and Manganese in return for Carbon laced exudates from the plant. This fungus will help the plant feed, but also inoculate the rhizosphere from damaging nematodes. The walls of the fungus contain chitin which nematodes dont like.

Mykos is my thought here along with Soil Balance Pro. I am very interested to see the results of SBP and the rep said that Mykos contains the one strain theirs doesn't so I figured they'd work pretty well together.

I will definitely be looking into Rhizophagus Intraradices!

You could spend three lifetimes learning about soil, the bacteria and beneficial fungus in soil, and how it all works together to feed your plants. I recommend reading about building a living soil, check out super soils, and the components for both. Jeff Lowenfels has some great books. His "Teaming With" trilogy is an excellent start

I did a youtube search for Jeff and will look more deeply with in the next week. I am not to big into books which is sad because there is a TON of info in them.I just have a really hard time sitting down and reading a book. I can stare at a computer screen all day though =P

You can get Silica from RAW... i assume its organic. I dont know if its OMRI certified, but its probably pretty close. In my opinion, Silica seems to work best when accompanied with some other elements like Boron, Manganese, and a dash of Sulfer. It doesnt take much of these micros nutrients, but they seem to work together well. Also the process in which the Silica is extracted this can affect bioavailability

What is the best extraction for silica iyo?

I will see if the OMRI site has a search function where one can search for the element they need and it lists products that fall into their certification. While I am not 100% it has to be ORMI, I am 100% it has to be organic.

Do the named elements fall into trace minerals? I know you need very small amounts of these but the broader the spectrum the better.

For the record, I haven't used a pure form of Silica like the product from RAW, but if you look at the dose people like to use, its 10 times more than i use with my engineered product. Which tells me the RAW product isn't as bioavailable. Hope this helps

It helps for sure! Thank you for taking the time to get back to me in t he detail you did.

Jeff is all over YouTube. Thats there I first saw him.

Its funny, when I added the extraction comment I went looking for a better explanation but couldn't find anything. Facilitor was the first Silica product to promote a super deluxe extraction method, but i couldn't find anything... to be fair it could be complete bullshit.

We have the base elements NPK, then we have the micro nutes, and metals. Some elements are absolutely vital but just take a teeny tiny amount. Chlorine for example... it helps with photosynthesis, it helps the plant breath, and helps with rigidity, but the amount needed is so small we never need to augment it.

Cheers

Jeff is all over YouTube. Thats there I first saw him.

Its funny, when I added the extraction comment I went looking for a better explanation but couldn't find anything. Facilitor was the first Silica product to promote a super deluxe extraction method, but i couldn't find anything... to be fair it could be complete bullshit.

We have the base elements NPK, then we have the micro nutes, and metals. Some elements are absolutely vital but just take a teeny tiny amount. Chlorine for example... it helps with photosynthesis, it helps the plant breath, and helps with rigidity, but the amount needed is so small we never need to augment it.

Cheers

I am going to follow you so I don't forget you exist with time. You have invaulable information and don't seem to mind sharing it. Thanks!

Hi guys and girls hope everyone is doing well this weekend. I have just harvested my 3rd grow which was my 1st grow in over 10 years.
I was growing in coco coir mixed with Perlite 70/30 feeding Advanced Nutrients bottles hydroponic feed for coco using grow & A+B bloom A+B with cal-mag, big bud, overdrive. I am in a 1x1x2m tent with a x2 Vipaspectre 600w R series LED lights (570w at wall ish) it set up with a stable environment usually siting around 18-28C with 40-50%RH. I was not using a PPM meter only a PH pen and was feeding at around 5.8 til week 3 of flower then upped to 6.0 ( i fluctuated in small amounts of PH each time so i wasn't feeding at dead on same PH every feed I also used nutrients every feeding)
I am using extraction system with carbon filter, x3 fans and 1 osculating canopy fan, dehumidifier, heater in case in drops below like 17C and it never exceeds 29C where I stay and that is for a very small period during the hottest days outside of my grow room.
I was using the SCROG technique and had quite a nice even canopy but I did have quite a DEEP canopy so I recon this could have resulted in lessened yields due to the lower sites taking up energy. I did have the plants lollipoped but I guess my canopy was way to deep at around 18".
I also have a slight nitrogen toxicity during week 3 of flowering with one of my strains OGCDK which was recovered but will have still resulted in lesser yields.
I was growing 5 plants all photo-periods in the 1x2m tent 2 of which were small runts and made up the spare corner by themselves. The small runts and 1 of the LARGE plants were OG Candy Dawg Kush from seedstockers. These had the nitrogen toxicity during week 3 so I recon that definitely had a part to play in their yields. The other 2 large plants in the tent where LA confidential from DNA Genetics and also a Banana Glue from growers choice.

Basically I only got 202 Grams of dry bud from this grow the 2 small plants basically produced nothing maybe an 0z between them and the other 4 made up the 6+ that i got.
Banana glue ( 1 plant ) was 40g
OG candy dawg kush ( 1 plant + 2 runty plants )was 87.5g
LA confidential was 75g ( 1 pla

I am not gonna lie I am quite dissapointed with the yields even though It was only really 3 full sized plants plus the 2 runts in a 1x1x2m tent.
I recon Having my canopy too deep height wise was my down turn here as I got heaps of drulshy fluffy buds at the bottom of the canopy so they are all wasted energy. I have also learned my lesson with feeding the nutrients at the recommended doses.
Any advice or help is greatly appreciated as I am just looking to be a better grower. The quality of the bud I have is very good, All the top buds are very resinous THC covered and dense hard buds but the bottom stuff is just going to make some shatter lol.
I can only take guesses for the most part because I did not watch your journal or know your grow room habits. My assumption is that the N toxicity, although was fixed, greatly reduced your yields. Nitrogen toxicity in flower is the absolute worst. Other then that, I can’t really say what’s causing your low yields because again I didn’t get to see your plants or how you grew them. But for the next grow I’d say some sure fire ways to increase your yields would be better lighting, longer veg time, and solid genetics. Other then that the rest is up to you to provide the proper environment, right amounts of food, and good training to get your plants to grow to their full potential.
I would also like to add that there is absolutely nothing embarrassing about successfully getting 5 different strains to harvest. No one here is laughing at that accomplishment and only the pompous ass holes are waving their noses in the air at what numbers you pull off your plants. Be proud of what you accomplished, it’s not easy. You already have your mind in the right place, looking at what you did last round and finding ways to improve. I highly recommend starting a grow journal for your next run so we can follow along and try to help you improve those numbers. You will receive an overwhelming amount of help and support from this great community, and I guarantee that we will get those numbers up. Tag me if you decide to start a journal.

I just finished my Brucer Banner 3 weeks ago, didnt growth anything in last 20 years so lets say i am still noob. I had 4 plant 2 which yeilded quite nice and 2 that was a disaster in DWC. I had a nitrogen toxicity also right before turn into flowering, 2 recovered quite good , was still little sign of too much nitrogen and 2 which i think never recovered properly lots of sign on the lower part of the plant. So i can tell you that nitrogen toxicity sure lower by a lots if not completely kill the yeild. Add to it your too deep canopy, 18 inch seem a lots 8-10 inch is good, but it varie with your light, if you know light cannot reach more than 8 inch , give it 2 extra inch and cut the rest, they will only drain energy for nothing. Make sure your light are at the right height, you must give them overall 1000-1200 umol, over that you need Co2 added and you need a enhancer heavy in PK on the last 3 week. I made tons of little error myself but i got from 2 out of my 4, 1.7 lb and the others 2 were totaly fluffy i made hash with them. I forgot my enhancer on the last 3 week as well, i gonna use M.O.B next run. Starting my run 2 in 1 week. Finishing my RDWC, DWC was painfull for me.

Scuse my english, i am french but if you need some input, i made almost every error possible in my first run, i have learned a lots and you should read a bit about Z7 or Z9 if you canadien, Recharge ( need to order in the USA ), Mother of earth MoB and DR Marijane. PM me if you need help :)
Hey bro, Thanks very much for the reply and you input! I am pretty much a Noob too so any input is greatly appreciated!
I totally agree I almost seen the Nitrogen toxicity stop my buds in their tracks week 3 with 1 strain was in particularly bad in the room and it showed on the yields for that said strain. The buds ended up quite hard on the top and dense but any bottom bud was fluffy and will make some shatter soon! I am still in the curing process but I am guessing the harshness from that plant will never be removed however long i cure BUT At least It hits hard!:bongrip:
I am definitely that guy who learns the hard way too, I feel you there! but at least we learn! I am not far from you north over the sea and north of that border again :ganjamon:

Yeah I can see how onne could say they are airy but for the work you put into it I feel a qp is a good yeild.
Hey man, I got an image to uphold... haha.

This strain has run the gamut for yield.. an 8oz, a 10, a 2, and a plant hat did 23oz. It bugs me when they dont all do the same sort of thing... makes me think the strain is a little glitchy. A 2oz and a 23oz not only in the same grow, but in the same pot. Its all great bud though.

Hey man, I got an image to uphold... haha.

This strain has run the gamut for yield.. an 8oz, a 10, a 2, and a plant hat did 23oz. It bugs me when they dont all do the same sort of thing... makes me think the strain is a little glitchy. A 2oz and a 23oz not only in the same grow, but in the same pot. Its all great bud though.

Root competiton maybe? The 23oz stole all the nutes from the 2oz. That's my only guess.

Root competiton maybe? The 23oz stole all the nutes from the 2oz. That's my only guess.
Nah, the first thing you're gonna notice when growing from seed is that a lot of times similar seeds do very different things. Some grow short while others grow tall and lanky. But this can include other phenotypes. The breeder may tell you of the phenotypes to look out for.

I once grew 2 plants, both Lemon Skunk from DNA Genetics. While they both grew really large, they didn't look the same at all. One looked like a bucket full of baseball bats, and smelled of fuel, the other grew 8 inch pagoda looking buds all over it, and smelled and tasted of berries. Neither smelled of lemons or skunks. The plants did really well,but i had bought Lemon Skunk for a reason.

If you want plants that all do the same thing you need to grow a mother, which can be a huge commitment, especially if you have no room, or power for another light. And learn how to clone. Its a great thing to learn... i suck at it for some reason haha

Nah, the first thing you're gonna notice when growing from seed is that a lot of times similar seeds do very different things. Some grow short while others grow tall and lanky. But this can include other phenotypes. The breeder may tell you of the phenotypes to look out for.

I once grew 2 plants, both Lemon Skunk from DNA Genetics. While they both grew really large, they didn't look the same at all. One looked like a bucket full of baseball bats, and smelled of fuel, the other grew 8 inch pagoda looking buds all over it, and smelled and tasted of berries. Neither smelled of lemons or skunks. The plants did really well,but i had bought Lemon Skunk for a reason.

If you want plants that all do the same thing you need to grow a mother, which can be a huge commitment, especially if you have no room, or power for another light. And learn how to clone. Its a great thing to learn... i suck at it for some reason haha

Right now with this being my first grow I chose to go from seed because I couldn't find clones of what I wanted. Idk if I would have tried them anyways honestly. I plan on going from seed all the time. I will try my hand at cloning at some point and maybe do mothers at some point but cloning from the tops is where I will start. I am not sure if tops or branches are best for cloning.

Right now with this being my first grow I chose to go from seed because I couldn't find clones of what I wanted. Idk if I would have tried them anyways honestly. I plan on going from seed all the time. I will try my hand at cloning at some point and maybe do mothers at some point but cloning from the tops is where I will start. I am not sure if tops or branches are best for cloning.
Yeah. And there's nothing wrong with seeds. Like you, I dont have access to all sorts of different clones. I like the unusual stuff anyway. I'll probably never grow White Widow for instance... its too popular. I HAVE grown NorthernLights though and will likely do it again someday
To be honest this was a friends Northern Lights greenhouse grow i helped with. NL buds are so perfect.

I have a cloner and ive used it entry of times, I dont enjoy it, but its important to know. Branches tend to workout better than clippings from the meristem

Good to know branches work best.

I won't do white widow as indica and I don't get a long. I am debating trying either Bubba Kush or PCK though. Probs Bubba as when I bought my seeds today I got three free. I am looking for something to help with insomina with out triggering my depression.

I typically go for sativas and I like CBD(it has to have some THC though). Finding CBD that is sativa is damn near impossible so I will be trying my hand at breeding something. I did get a 20:1 CBD in the seeds I bought today and depending on results will decide if it goes into the breeding things I have planned.

My main focus is a couple sativa CBD at various ratios and land races. I feel we have gotten to far away from the roots and need to go back before we essentially make them extinct.

Back
Top Bottom